OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
She has some rare kitty disease that has a 100% fatality rate.

What a sick joke, right? She's not even a year old yet.

Life has a 100% fatality rate.

Ugh girl I'm so sorry, that's terrible :( the poor baby. My heart hurts for you and kitty. Was it a disease that kitty would be suffering the whole time? What was happening? I'm sure she lived a very happy life with you though, even if it wasn't as long as it should've been.

Life has a 100% fatality rate.

Ugh girl I'm so sorry, that's terrible :( the poor baby. My heart hurts for you and kitty. Was it a disease that kitty would be suffering the whole time? What was happening? I'm sure she lived a very happy life with you though, even if it wasn't as long as it should've been.
It's progressive :/ She got it when she was born and it's just been progressive.

So excited to study abroad this summer. Not only am I pumped to be in Europe again, but I NEED a break from this place/people haha. I'm counting down the days and I can't wait. I'm also planning to travel for a little bit afterwards and I really hope it works out cause I'm so excited!

On the other hand school is killing me and I am so ready for this semester to be over.

Please help!

I'm working on a project for school about starting my own event production company (like Jam Brands, EPIC, etc.). I'm looking to find out what things you like at competitions (inflatables, master classes, vemdors, etc.), what things you don't like (running late, unclear scoring, etc.), and what kinds of things you look for to take your gym/team to a competition (low prices, 2-days, location, etc.).
I'm looking for answers from cheerleaders and coaches, as well as parents! Anyone that has been to a competition is welcome to give input! Thank you in advance! If it is easier for you to email me some stuff (or you don't feel comfortable posting your opinions on here) please send me your input to [email protected]

Thank you!

I had another rough day...this just really isn't my week.
I only got 3 hours of sleep after finishing all the work my teachers assigned and I've been walking around like a zombie all day. My lit test was only one question, so it was all or nothing. Of course, it was on a part of the book I didn't understand. I also forgot the notebook that had both my essays and my packet due today in it, so I'm crossing my fingers that my teacher will only dock a few points for turning it in late.
The teacher who was part of the scholarship drama from yesterday never responded to any of my emails and wouldn't meet with me today, so I have no idea if he got everything in. Basically, my grown adult teacher is acting like a child about a situation I had no control over. Wonderful...
The one good thing is I have my first partner stunting private tonight to prep for college try outs. I'm super nervous, but really looking forward to it!

Well the only good part about today was I thought that I failed my Sociology of Religion final (not the same one I posted about earlier but I thought this one also went poorly) but I just checked my grades and I got a 95% on it and got an A- in the class. So for final grades posted so far, I have two A's and one A- and I'm just waiting on the other three to get posted also [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry for being whiny and annoying but if a test is all multiple choice and done on a scantron it should not take DAYS to put the grade in the grade book. Especially if that class is the only class that the professor teaches. I would understand if he had three other tests to grade but he doesn't. And our final research papers still aren't in the grade book for two of my classes. I'm already really high strung so this is making it even worse ugh
Last semester I had a prof who would email us our grades within an hour after we took them. It was fabulous.

Last semester I had a prof who would email us our grades within an hour after we took them. It was fabulous.

That is amazing. My ethics professor had our grades in by noon at the latest today and I left his final around 8:15 this morning so I was pretty jazzed about it. My Sociology of Religion teacher posted our grades some time this evening and our final time ended at 2:50. Unfortunately the rest of my professors like to take their sweet time [emoji19]

I got the grade for the final assignment for my one class that didn't have a final on the 20th. The grade didn't get inputted into the system until yesterday....

That is so frustrating! [emoji15] I hate when professors so that because I feel so lost if I don't know why my grades are. One of my courses has 0 grades put in on our online classroom (similar to blackboard) and I took the final today. He refuses to put grades up because your grade is dependent on how everyone else does. It's like the comparative scoring system but for college [emoji58][emoji58][emoji58]

Please help!

I'm working on a project for school about starting my own event production company (like Jam Brands, EPIC, etc.). I'm looking to find out what things you like at competitions (inflatables, master classes, vemdors, etc.), what things you don't like (running late, unclear scoring, etc.), and what kinds of things you look for to take your gym/team to a competition (low prices, 2-days, location, etc.).
I'm looking for answers from cheerleaders and coaches, as well as parents! Anyone that has been to a competition is welcome to give input! Thank you in advance! If it is easier for you to email me some stuff (or you don't feel comfortable posting your opinions on here) please send me your input to [email protected]

Thank you!
(I'm a parent, so most of my answers are about my time and money lol)

Things I don't like:
- Not running on schedule (early or late - but truthfully early is worse than late!)
- Cr@ppy food
- Super early call times for older teams, or late times for itty bitty kids
- Spectator fees (I know, I know... but I hate them. Just add it in to the comp fee so I'm still paying it, but I don't notice)
- Stupidly long awards - just tell me the top 3 in each division and keep it movin'. I don't want to watch dance competitions, videos, etc. Especially if you're already hours off schedule
- Inappropriate music in between routines or during awards. If the routines aren't supposed to have it, it shouldn't be played by the EP either.

Things I do like:
- 2 Day competitions, especially with 50/50 scoring
- Lots of vendors selling sparkly things
- Food choices - if we have to be there for 14 hours, I don't want to eat hot dogs, pretzels, and rubber pizza
- Divisions with more than 2-3 teams in them
- Swag (t-shirts, blankets, drawstring bags, jackets for winners, etc)
- A real raw score. Well, this is something I WOULD like, but since it doesn't exist I can't actually like it. The first EP to do this will be my hero for life.

Back