OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I just came home from the July 14th fireworks (it's National Day here) and I have a little question.

Does anybody else think it's in poor taste to use the song "Girl on fire" by Alicia Keys in a Joan of Ark themed fireworks show ??? Or is it just me ? I kept thinking "They didn't!" in a half-shocked and half-laughing state so I didn't pay any attention to that segment of the show at all.
That's pretty darn amusing.

That's pretty darn amusing.

It's a brilliant idea; but kind of a terrible one at the same time :D. It felt out of place in the middle of pretty solemn music and historical theme. I'm just glad they didn't play it during the death sequence.

Amazon 'Prime Day' Deal List Teases Released - NBC News

Is it bad I'm considering the k'nex sets?

My first "adulthood" realization came the day I realized the only person stopping me from building a k'nex roller coaster was myself...so I went out and bought a k'nex coaster and built it.

Yoooo K'Nex are so fun! As a summer job during school, I worked at my local education center making science kits for elementary school teachers and among all the fun things they had there, we (meaning all the college kids) played with the K'Nex the most. One Friday afternoon, all the adults took the afternoon off and we built a giant Ferris wheel with swinging seats and everything. And then left it on our boss' desk.

That was the best worst job I ever had.

What dye did you use? I want to go purple, but I can't decide what shade to go with.
i went with temporary hair dye, cause i didnt know if i was going to like it or not. i used about a jar and half of manic panic purple haze which is dark purple, plus i did not bleach my hair before hand and i have naturally light to medium brown hair. dont know how long this is going to last hoping at least a week or two. i also put purple dye in a shampoo and conditioner bottle to use at least once a week to see if that will help extend the color.

My mom just sent me a pile of expired 20% off BB&B coupons dating back to 2008. Apparently they will always take them.

they always take the ones from the mail. the printable ones form e-mails have expiration dates and they won't accept them beyond the date. just FYI. I always get my grandma's and mom's before stepping foot in the store.

they always take the ones from the mail. the printable ones form e-mails have expiration dates and they won't accept them beyond the date. just FYI. I always get my grandma's and mom's before stepping foot in the store.
I actually called earlier and that's what they told me. They'll also take the $5 off cut out from the ads. #alwaystrustwhatyourmomsays

I'm tempted to sign up for prime simply for the discounted HP books and the 70% off kitchen stuff. I can't resist kitchen stuff.
I use prime all the time, and my friends and family. U can have multiple addresses and credit cards in the account. Share it with someone it is worth it! I use it for household goods like paper towel toilet paper cleaners etc.

I use prime all the time, and my friends and family. U can have multiple addresses and credit cards in the account. Share it with someone it is worth it! I use it for household goods like paper towel toilet paper cleaners etc.

You don't even have to share the account. If you pay $99 for Prime (so not the student one) you can share your prime shipping benefits with other people. They get free two day shipping on their account then.

I just came home from the July 14th fireworks (it's National Day here) and I have a little question.

Does anybody else think it's in poor taste to use the song "Girl on fire" by Alicia Keys in a Joan of Arc themed fireworks show ??? Or is it just me ? I kept thinking "They didn't!" in a half-shocked and half-laughing state so I didn't pay any attention to that segment of the show at all.

a) A Joan of Arc-themed fireworks show is something I'm just now realizing I need desperately in my life. (I have a nun relative who is called Sr. Jeanne d'Arc, so Joan of Arc is one of my favorite saints)

b) that is very distasteful to use that song.

OMG, I reeaally love me some Alicia Keys music - I think that song is a perfect choice, if you want to describe a young lady being strong, triumphant and fighting for a great cause...Yes!!!

OMG, I reeaally love me some Alicia Keys music - I think that song is a perfect choice, if you want to describe a young lady being strong, triumphant and fighting for a great cause...Yes!!!

You do realize St. Joan of Arc was executed by being burnt at the stake, yes?

I also love Alicia Keys, and normally think that song is fantastic. Just not in a commemorative piece about A WOMAN WHO WAS BURNT TO DEATH.

Latest posts

Back