OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I apologize for the dumb question I'm about to ask, but what type of lettuce and dressing are at salad bars restaurants etc. When I make salad at home as stupid as it sounds, the lettuce tastes nothing like how it does when you eat out or at college campus cafeterias. Same with the ranch dressing, even though I've tried a million types and brands. Yet where ever I go weather it's a salad bar at pizza pirate or if it's at the ucla campus it always tastes the same.

I feel like this is a question I shouldn't have to ask but it's all I crave and I've spent forever trying to find what tastes the same.
Where I work we get our lettuce (and most other things) from GFS! I prefer romaine only which is what a lot of restraints do but most prob do iceberg/romaine or a spring mix depending on the salad.
Ken's brand ranch dressing is my all time favorite-- and I am crazy about ranch. I love it. It's like the thin kind and tastes a lot like what my university has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of my friends is constantly complaining when she only makes like 35-40 bucks in tips for a five hour shift at a restaurant. They pay her 5 an hour before taxes and she said most of the time she ends up making 3.50-4 dollars an hour that way. Minimum wage here is 8.25, aka shes making more than minimum wage. No matter how much I tell her she doesn't get it. Like I cleaned toilets, did trash, and cleaned up bodily fluids at a water park and only made 8.25 an hour. After taxes it was like 6. Stop complaining about making more than that being a waitress.

One of my friends is constantly complaining when she only makes like 35-40 bucks in tips for a five hour shift at a restaurant. They pay her 5 an hour before taxes and she said most of the time she ends up making 3.50-4 dollars an hour that way. Minimum wage here is 8.25, aka shes making more than minimum wage. No matter how much I tell her she doesn't get it. Like I cleaned toilets, did trash, and cleaned up bodily fluids at a water park and only made 8.25 an hour. After taxes it was like 6. Stop complaining about making more than that being a waitress.
I make 7.65 an hour with no tips (retail) if that makes her feel better... And get 8 hours a week [emoji28] tomorrow's my last shift though!

I make 7.65 an hour with no tips (retail) if that makes her feel better... And get 8 hours a week [emoji28] tomorrow's my last shift though!
Im lucky my retail job pays 10 dollars an hour now but theres some weeks I don't get any hours. Like I didn't work for three weeks in July.

Im lucky my retail job pays 10 dollars an hour now but theres some weeks I don't get any hours. Like I didn't work for three weeks in July.
How the heck do you two survive on that little of hours. I work 35 hours a week and barely make by. Hoping my new job that I start in a few weeks gives me 40 or more hours.

How the heck do you two survive on that little of hours. I work 35 hours a week and barely make by. Hoping my new job that I start in a few weeks gives me 40 or more hours.
I dont. I've been struggling this summer really bad and have like no savings (not that I had one before really). Thankfully my parents pay for everything other than if I go out with friends and do something and then some of my clothes. If I had to pay for my phone, car insurance and gas I would be in major debit right now.

I don't because I'm not a real adult yet. ;) I'm 18 and live with my parents. I eat their food and don't have bills to pay. My job is mostly for saving money for school and having money to do things with friends. In like 3 days I go to college and I'll be on a meal plan so I won't necessarily need to buy food but obviously I'm going to need/want random things so my parents will expect me to pay for it myself, though they will give me a little bit each month. Most of the little I've made this summer has gone into my savings. So I'm not trying to survive off my tiny pay checks at all! and I definitely couldnt!

Where I work we get our lettuce (and most other things) from GFS! I prefer romaine only which is what a lot of restraints do but most prob do iceberg/romaine or a spring mix depending on the salad.
Ken's brand ranch dressing is my all time favorite-- and I am crazy about ranch. I love it. It's like the thin kind and tastes a lot like what my university has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your university uses Sodexo then it's most likely Kens dressing and they come in giant tubs. I worked at Sodexo at my school and I have a very gross story about our salad dressing :p it ruined wraps and salads for me for the next 3 years lol

Lettuce poster, romaine lettuce is usually used in Caesar salads (my fav!). Sometimes you can get good salad mixes for cheap at farmers markets that sell restaurant size packages of produce :)

So this is probably a super weird question, but I've never liked lettuce or anything similar but I want to try some. Leafy greens kinda freak me out (i think its a texture thing), so whats the least leafy green there is?

just had to put my dog down :(:(:(:(:( i just got home from school last night. i legitimately think he waited for me to say goodbye. ugh. this is hard.

hug your dogs extra tight for me.

Back