OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I don't think putting one little brown face in their video would have done anything to help their lack of diversity.... it would have been akin to "we're not racist, look at our black friend!"....(which is the role the football player basically played anyway). Even though that would have (possibly) not been their intent, it still would have been perceived that way, realistically given today's social climate.. I'm not saying I see it that way, I'm just pointing out how I know a lot of people would have interpreted it.... in this day and age....in consideration to whats going on...socially. I probably would have drastically changed "who" is in "uproar" over this video, actually.

Not being in that video is probably the best thing shes ever done with her life.....

I'd feel the same way if the AKA's put out a recruitment video (although they wouldn't) and randomly highlighted a white AKA.... doesn't really change the lack of diversity...and it would be obvious of what they were trying to do

And still I say, they knew who they were targeting in that video and who they were trying to appeal to. Whether or not they have "sisters" that fit other molds (black, Asian, plus sized, obviously of latin/hispanic/spanish orgin etc), they opted to leave them at home the day of the video shoot...whether it was deliberate or coincidental, we will never know...and I doubt they will ever tell us... (And for the most part we don't really care because we will find something else to be in uproar about in due time).
No I totally agree. I don't think it would help much to include her, I just found it coincidentally that they are being slammed for their lack of diversity (which one black girl doesn't change) when the one member I know is a minority. And it's true. People love to get up in arms over whatever they are being told to be up in arms over. Greek life in particular. I can't stand by and proclaim the innocence of Greek organizations, but this is one issue that seems a little forced to me. It doesn't show the chapter in the best light, but if these are the type of girls they are trying to recruit there no point in getting mad about it.

From someone who was involved in a sorority in college that had created recruitment videos, it's seems that this video was made to show the sisterhood side of the sorority. During recruitment there are different "rounds" each day. There's an "open house" where you see and meet all of the sororities, then you narrow down for the "sisterhood" round, next (also narrowed) is the "philanthropy" round, and last is "preference" night. At least that's how it was for my school.

I just baked a cake (2 parts). That was easy. Not I have to figure out how to get them out of the pan, levelled off and iced. No clue what I'm doing. Normally, I just throw icing on top and eat it right out of the pan

I just baked a cake (2 parts). That was easy. Not I have to figure out how to get them out of the pan, levelled off and iced. No clue what I'm doing. Normally, I just throw icing on top and eat it right out of the pan

YouTube has tons of videos. If you greased the pans correctly it should come right out. No idea on leveling.

They're out, but I'm still just staring at them willing them to ice themselves and look pretty. I'm not very artistic. I've been searching for lots of ideas, so I've got some in mind. Still, it's easier when you know what you're doing

Place the bottom layer on the plate you're using, then get some dental floss and "saw" through the rounded part of the top to level it and brush as many crumbs off of it as you can (gently!). Ice the top, then put top layer on and ice sides, then top part. Hope this helps!

I have a friend that lived in her sorority house and they had sleeping dorms where every person on that floor sleep in the same room. It was a bunch of bunk beds packed into a small space. They had rooms with closets, room for a mini fridge, living space, vanities that were their rooms but they all slept in the same area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same as sorority houses at SIU in the 1990s anyway

Kids say the darnedest things....

Today while parking the car my daughter went on to the grass a little and her son, from the back seat, asks if it is because she is a woman.

I promise he didn't learn that from me.

**Sometimes I day dream Cheer Son is almost as good as Susie and then reality sets in**

The sorority video is on private now... can anybody tell me exactly what was in it?

On a different note, I'm designing holiday themed cheer T-shirts for my store this year and I am SUUUUUPER excited for the release dates to arrive! Can't wait for you all to see them.

Back