OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Is she the actress in Orphan Black? I've got to start watching, my sisters, mom and aunt are obsessed with it.

Yep :)

I'm happy Shameless got an Emmy but I still don't understand why it's in the comedy category??? Have they even seen the show? It's heartbreaking.

Part of me is just glad that OB got some sort of recognition on the big stage. The other part of me is still salty as H-E- double hockey sticks.

But yes, next year. And hopefully next year they get into more categories.
It's hard- that show just doesn't have the push that it should in the states. What she does every episode for that show (as an actor) is INCREDIBLE. I don't know that I can do that, and I'd like to think I could do anything lol. I'd really like to get into it.

Heck yes for Viola Davis (I haven't seen HTGAWM, heard mixed). She's really deserved a gold n shiny for SOMETHING for ages. Emmy's are super political though, so I'm glad there were some shake ups this year. And Jon Hamm. His last chance for a while..I cried when Tracy Morgan came on.

Yep :)

I'm happy Shameless got an Emmy but I still don't understand why it's in the comedy category??? Have they even seen the show? It's heartbreaking.
The Shameless team have always been pretty adamant that they're a comedy, even though the Emmys keep trying to put them in the drama category. It's a weird one to place – so funny at times, but also super depressing...

Regardless, it's a kickass show so I'm glad it's getting recognition! Next step is for Jeremy Allen White to finally get some accolades for how good he is.

The Shameless team have always been pretty adamant that they're a comedy, even though the Emmys keep trying to put them in the drama category. It's a weird one to place – so funny at times, but also super depressing...

Regardless, it's a kickass show so I'm glad it's getting recognition! Next step is for Jeremy Allen White to finally get some accolades for how good he is.

Shameless is the most raw show I've ever watched. I don't understand how they see themselves as a comedy. It's funny but like... It's not a comedy? But yes to Jeremy Allen White. William Macy is also just a brilliant actor in that and I think he doesn't get as much recognition (but he gets more than others). As well as Emmy Rossum. Actually every single character/actor in that show is brilliant. I have so much respect for everyone at Shameless.

I have a theory that if you're show isn't on a normal broadcast network (ABC, Fox, NBC, Comedy Central, AMC, the likes) then your chances of getting Emmy recognition is slim. Unless you're game of thrones or Orange is the new black. Which is sad because there's so many shows out there that are better than most of the shows that were nominated tonight.

Shameless is the most raw show I've ever watched. I don't understand how they see themselves as a comedy. It's funny but like... It's not a comedy? But yes to Jeremy Allen White. William Macy is also just a brilliant actor in that and I think he doesn't get as much recognition (but he gets more than others). As well as Emmy Rossum. Actually every single character/actor in that show is brilliant. I have so much respect for everyone at Shameless.

I have a theory that if you're show isn't on a normal broadcast network (ABC, Fox, NBC, Comedy Central, AMC, the likes) then your chances of getting Emmy recognition is slim. Unless you're game of thrones or Orange is the new black. Which is sad because there's so many shows out there that are better than most of the shows that were nominated tonight.
The acting is unreal on that show. Not a weak link in the cast, even in the young kids.

Shows like Orange is the New Black and Shameless are hard to categorize, as they sort of straddle a fence between comedy and drama... The irony is that I thought Shameless was more of a comedy in season 1 (when it was listed as a drama), and now that it's officially a comedy it's very much a drama...

HBO actually racked up the most awards last night: Olive Kitteridge killed it, as did GoT and Bessie. Because they're not in service to the Network Gods, the work they're doing is INCREDIBLE and only grows better (same with Showtime, Starz is getting there).

Both OITNB and Shameless are dark comedies, so it gets a little difficult to place them.

The UK version of Shameless is raw drama but at the same time it is very, very funny. I've not seen any of the US version but if it's anything like the UK one it's going to be very dark humour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The UK version of Shameless is raw drama but at the same time it is very, very funny. I've not seen any of the US version but if it's anything like the UK one it's going to be very dark humour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've watched a bit of the UK version but I couldn't get through it. It might be because I watched the US version first though I'm sure the UK version is great too. The dark humor is fitting though - its the only way the characters could possibly get through those situations without killing anyone lol. I love the dark humor.

Veep is one of my favorite shows, and Julia Louis-Dreyfuss is the bomb. But I'm annoyed that after so long, Amy Poehler still hasn't won an Emmy for Parks and Rec, and now never will.

What does that show have to do to be recognized by the Emmys???

Dang. Parks and Rec has never won an Emmy. And never will.

Suddenly the Emmy Community won for achievement in animation doesn't seem so bad. Even though the committee went all Oprah handing out the Emmys in that category.
It's insane, right? That shows of that caliber can be ignored so much, while lesser shows like Two and a Half Men get showered with Emmys.

I'm also surprised that Criminal Minds has only been nominated for stunt coordination three times. And never for any other categories. Also, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia has been on for 10 years and like Criminal Minds, it only gets nominated for stunt coordination.

Edited to add: They released the Hamilton soundtrack early on NPR, and it's amazing. There are banjos.
It's so silly. For every good show that gets rightfully recognized (Veep, Game of Thrones, 30 Rock) there are tons of others that get completely ignored, year after year.

And I'm SO PUMPED about the Hamilton soundtrack! I've listened to a few songs already and they are excellent.

Back