OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Lol petty.

On the other hand you'll have other birthdays just like she'll have other weddings

(Iwouldntgoeither)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I did think about the whole other birthdays thing! And it's not like it's a milestone bday for me (19, ooh) but it's kind of ironic. The maid of honor, who the bride low key hates half of the time, is somebody who we both grew up with and is extremely self-centered, and the wedding was originally scheduled on her birthday. Like, bride and I talked about it loooong before this and I told her there would be an argument if it stayed on MoH's bday. And sure enough, to her that was the most disrespectful thing ever, so she convinced her to change it. And its not like I think my birthday is the greatest day ever or I need to be the center of attention; it's the principle. I know I should be the bigger person, but I just can't find that in myself at the moment, lol. I mean, I've tried to give them every benefit of the doubt I could, but at the end of the day, they're just two of the many people that make me glad I cut off most (by that I mean all but 1 or 2) of my high school relationships after graduation. They make me realize how great college really is [emoji4]

I did think about the whole other birthdays thing! And it's not like it's a milestone bday for me (19, ooh) but it's kind of ironic. The maid of honor, who the bride low key hates half of the time, is somebody who we both grew up with and is extremely self-centered, and the wedding was originally scheduled on her birthday. Like, bride and I talked about it loooong before this and I told her there would be an argument if it stayed on MoH's bday. And sure enough, to her that was the most disrespectful thing ever, so she convinced her to change it. And its not like I think my birthday is the greatest day ever or I need to be the center of attention; it's the principle. I know I should be the bigger person, but I just can't find that in myself at the moment, lol. I mean, I've tried to give them every benefit of the doubt I could, but at the end of the day, they're just two of the many people that make me glad I cut off most (by that I mean all but 1 or 2) of my high school relationships after graduation. They make me realize how great college really is [emoji4]

Not to make excuses for her, because I don't know her or her intentions with the date, but when it comes to picking the date for a wedding, to get certain things you may have to go with what is available.

Venue availability is a huge thing and gets booked (usually at least) a year in advance. The venue we are using is already booked for every Saturday in September (and has been since at least September of this year). So we went with a Friday (and we also get a 10% discount on everything so that means we can invite more friends!). We also had to make sure the photographer we wanted was available--and he only had two weekends in September still open, and then had to make sure the DJ was open as well. Between those three, we didn't really truly "pick" our date on our own. We just had a window of time when we wanted it and got lucky enough that all the vendors we wanted had a date in common we could then choose.

So today is comp and our youth 1 (who's very used to getting last or second to last) got 3rd out of 9th today! It's like Christmas for them. So very happy. I've got a really good feeling about comp today.

ETA: They missed 2nd by two tenths of a point and got the "ultimate performance" award

Last edited:
so our stuntgroup and partnerstunt nationals were yesterday, my group had practiced a lot beforehand and we were more than prepared. Next thing you know we warm up Rewinds and the flyers foot hits my thumb and basically kills it. I taped it up and tried throwing rewinds again just to find out my thumb is overly flexible and the pain was awful (I'm a Backspot)
So after seeing the paramedics, being told it was my decision if i wanted to compete or not and taping the thumb so my hand looked like robo hand we had to change our whole routine and basically take out all of our cool and main skills just so we did not drive 6 hours one way to not compete at all.
We ended up making finals in second place and getting third after finals with a very basic routine which was a huge surprise.
We are still sad we did not get to show our real routine though, it feels like all the hard work was for nothing :(
I've had surgery on that exact thumb a few years back because of a torn ligament that had to be replaced and now i'm very scared it might happen again, so tomorrow will be a very scary day when i get to see a doctor :confused:

so our stuntgroup and partnerstunt nationals were yesterday, my group had practiced a lot beforehand and we were more than prepared. Next thing you know we warm up Rewinds and the flyers foot hits my thumb and basically kills it. I taped it up and tried throwing rewinds again just to find out my thumb is overly flexible and the pain was awful (I'm a Backspot)
So after seeing the paramedics, being told it was my decision if i wanted to compete or not and taping the thumb so my hand looked like robo hand we had to change our whole routine and basically take out all of our cool and main skills just so we did not drive 6 hours one way to not compete at all.
We ended up making finals in second place and getting third after finals with a very basic routine which was a huge surprise.
We are still sad we did not get to show our real routine though, it feels like all the hard work was for nothing :(
I've had surgery on that exact thumb a few years back because of a torn ligament that had to be replaced and now i'm very scared it might happen again, so tomorrow will be a very scary day when i get to see a doctor :confused:
Congratulations on the placement and good luck with the thumb.

**I saw it on the internet so it must be true**

so :) over :) my :) Chem :) teacher :) :) :)
He gave us the hardest test I've ever taken last week. Never in 18 years have a stayed working on a test until the teacher kicked us out but I had to and still didn't get close to whatever I was trying to solve. It wasn't even over anything he taught us. And now we have another quiz (DUE DURING FINALS WEEK???? Who does that) that's also over things we haven't been taught at all.
I cannot wait for this class to be over with. 2 more classes and then the final and I'm done with chemistry PRAISE.
The thing is I'm not even bad at chemistry but his class is impossible because in class he does the simplest examples and then the tests are so complex that you don't even know where to begin with the knowledge you have...

He gave us the hardest test I've ever taken last week. Never in 18 years have a stayed working on a test until the teacher kicked us out but I had to and still didn't get close to whatever I was trying to solve. It wasn't even over anything he taught us. And now we have another quiz (DUE DURING FINALS WEEK???? Who does that) that's also over things we haven't been taught at all.
I cannot wait for this class to be over with. 2 more classes and then the final and I'm done with chemistry PRAISE.
The thing is I'm not even bad at chemistry but his class is impossible because in class he does the simplest examples and then the tests are so complex that you don't even know where to begin with the knowledge you have...

Not the most relevant story but I took one of the hardest classes I ever had to to torture myself with, simply cause I heard the professor was extremely attractive, and oh boy was he easy on the eyes.... I barely passed the class with like a 71%

Happy for you and confused at the same time...
If you're wondering- our old stunt wasn't very difficult for our level, so we added 2+ level appropriate skills. We also made a change to our partner stunt so it was more difficult and added speciality tumbling passes. That's about it and we were also way cleaner and way more sharp and enthusiastic this time than before. We sold it so hard!

Last edited:

My microbiology course was like that. I feel you!

Good luck on everything!

So it turns out the Great Fierceboard Immigration Drama of 2014 has turned surprisingly relevant in my line of work. I was one of the only employees who understood what a visa waiver is and who is eligible for one. The president even messed it up in his speech on Sunday.

I know I've already asked, but if those of you with an Instagram could follow the account gpcinteraction and like the posted photos that would be awesome! The amount of people we reach affects our grades and unfortunately my group members aren't trying to get followers at all.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back