OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Then there are two, because I saw the boy's. I was surprised to see it was actually making money. It looked like mostly adult donors/possibly family. Do grandma's not send checks anymore?
That's the one I recently saw as well. I knew about M's as well though.

**Slip n Slide. Official sponsor of Worlds 2016**
Out of curiousity, I went onto gofundme and searched "smoed" and 5 came up.

So many thoughts:

1. Who tries out for a team not knowing how they're going to pay for it? I feel like before you send a video to try out across the country, you need to have plans for a job or other means of funding your adventure.

2. If you're a minor, whose parents says, "Yes. A GoFundMe sounds like a great idea to pay for a team you tried out for?"

3. GoFundMe is not fundraising. It's begging.

4. What.

So many thoughts:

1. Who tries out for a team not knowing how they're going to pay for it? I feel like before you send a video to try out across the country, you need to have plans for a job or other means of funding your adventure.

2. If you're a minor, whose parents says, "Yes. A GoFundMe sounds like a great idea to pay for a team you tried out for?"

4. What.

See also: if you've already done it for a year why would you tryout again not knowing how to pay for it? I can at least somewhat understand someone trying out and then realizing it would be more expensive than they originally expected but if you know exactly what to expect because you've done it before...
I mean if it works out, good for them I guess. I'm sure they don't care what I think especially if it's working for them ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So many thoughts:

4. What.

See also: if you've already done it for a year why would you tryout again not knowing how to pay for it? I can at least somewhat understand someone trying out and then realizing it would be more expensive than they originally expected but if you know exactly what to expect because you've done it before...
I mean if it works out, good for them I guess. I'm sure they don't care what I think especially if it's working for them ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's not forget the kids that send in videos without telling their parents hoping the parents will just go with it or the kids hoping to get scholarships.

**Slip n Slide. Official sponsor of Worlds 2016**

Does anybody have any advice on starting to train for a marathon? Would it be better to do a half first? I've done 5 and 10ks, but never a half or full marathon. The race isn't till mid October if I decide to do it. I'm at my parents and run about 3 miles a day (it's too hot/humid here for me to do more haha), but when I'm at school I usually run 4-6 miles a day.

Does anybody have any advice on starting to train for a marathon? Would it be better to do a half first? I've done 5 and 10ks, but never a half or full marathon. The race isn't till mid October if I decide to do it. I'm at my parents and run about 3 miles a day (it's too hot/humid here for me to do more haha), but when I'm at school I usually run 4-6 miles a day.
@luv2cheer93 can help. I think she has done some in the past.

Edited: oops tagged the wrong person.

Last edited:
I haven't quite reached the full marathon but I have a family full of marathon runners. They tend to do 10ks and half-marathons to build up to the big one. My cousin tracks down any fun-runs or charity runs happening in her area and just does them all for race experience. And my dad runs his own mini half-marathons, measuring the distance himself. They say the key is to consistently build up mileage over the weeks and months leading up to a big race, and to incorporate resistance and cross-training as well.
The full distance is hard to do out of the blue.

I used the training program from The Non-Runner's Marathon Trainer which was a 16 week training program that had me training 4 days a week, with 2 short runs, one medium and one long. I believe the NYC Road Runner's website has a few training schedules that may be 5 times a week.

has anyone ever bought anything from miss guided? I'm thinking about buying a few dresses from there, but don't know about the quality of their clothing.

has anyone ever bought anything from miss guided? I'm thinking about buying a few dresses from there, but don't know about the quality of their clothing.
Missguided is a bit hit and miss, I always check the fabric before ordering BUT the clothes I do end up buying are nice. I think it's one of the better British Web based stores, not as good as ASOS but better than Boohoo.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Missguided is a bit hit and miss, I always check the fabric before ordering BUT the clothes I do end up buying are nice. I think it's one of the better British Web based stores, not as good as ASOS but better than Boohoo.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk
Thanks for the help!

Back