OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I like Michelle more than I like Hillary, but that's not saying much. Also secretly hoping one of the Obama girls rebels and college and winds up a Republican, like how Reagan's kids are Democrats.

but seriously if I ever hear Fight Song ever again, it will be too soon:

13686792_10206827070294898_5597266312450338168_n.jpg

Adderall in the past has been lumped into the same category. Plus its not hard to use adderall in abusive ways.
on top of all this i think or at least hope that the heads of the wwe are finally taking into account the fan base and how everyone has hated roman reigns since the first day the wwe started to push his storyline, etc. In general he sucks and people have been saying that from the beginning. They have repeatedly passed on better wrestlers and storylines in order to push roman reigns and it has never worked with the fans.
i also noticed last night that the commentators used some BS excuse that roman was back from a groin injury and not the fact that he was suspended or in violation. Yes the wwe is punishing him clearly by him not being the main event for summerslam, but id bet money that after summerslam is over they will create some stupid comeback storyline for him and push him back into the main spotlight.
the split of raw and smackdown is a start in the right direction but you can now clearly tell they need to "cut the fat" and get rid of some of the horrid talent(not so talent)/matches i saw last night.

I'm pretty sure he actually has ADHD, that's what I read on Wrestling Connection, so idk how I feel about his violation for a substance he might be prescribed. And the "injury" doesn't make sense since Seth brought the violation up on Raw when it happened. A lot of people need to be fired to make room for all the talent in nxt and from the cruiser weight classic. But Roman is the Rock's cousin so Vince loves him. Same for Nia Jax, that's how she got called up to raw before Bayley or other women from nxt with more talent and experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My daughter will be 11 months on Tuesday. She's standing and walking and I'm so amazed at how much she grows every day. I can't believe how big she is already and how fast she learns things.

I'm not ready for a toddler. [emoji37][emoji22]

Nobody is ever ready for a toddler.

**j'applaudis avec mes cuisses de tonnerre**

Literally just had a discussion with someone on why I'm glad Michelle Obama has always said she has not intention of running for office and that she's smart, brilliant, wonderful and thoughtful for not wanting to. I'm so glad she gets to go be a human now to the best of her ability. Her words last night were very telling in more ways than one.

:shimmy:

I think Michelle, regardless of whether or not you like Barack, has been an amazing First Lady and her presence will be missed in the future. She is such a powerful public speaker and her ability to speak powerfully without it feeling forced is hard to match. I'm really going to miss her next year; regardless of who wins the Presidency.

I think Michelle, regardless of whether or not you like Barack, has been an amazing First Lady and her presence will be missed in the future. She is such a powerful public speaker and her ability to speak powerfully without it feeling forced is hard to match. I'm really going to miss her next year; regardless of who wins the Presidency.

I completely disagree with this. She has been amazing at spending
money, our money, on vacations and clothes but not much else. She has overstepped her bounds BIG TIME with school nutrition and as a public school teacher I have dealt with the fallout. I have kids that don't get enough to eat thanks to her crappy new "nutrition program" that puts out impossible to meet guidelines on the budget it gives schools to work with. Schools that cannot afford to subsidize it ended up with terrible food the kids don't eat or cannot serve enough to meet kids needs. She is the master of spin for her own purposes, I will giver her that, but she has done more to divide this country and degrade her office than any other First Lady in history.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was fortunate to hear the First Lady speak in person. It was such an amazing experience. Her words were so powerful.

I completely disagree with this. She has been amazing at spending
money, our money, on vacations and clothes but not much else. She has overstepped her bounds BIG TIME with school nutrition and as a public school teacher I have dealt with the fallout. I have kids that don't get enough to eat thanks to her crappy new "nutrition program" that puts out impossible to meet guidelines on the budget it gives schools to work with. Schools that cannot afford to subsidize it ended up with terrible food the kids don't eat or cannot serve enough to meet kids needs. She is the master of spin for her own purposes, I will giver her that, but she has done more to divide this country and degrade her office than any other First Lady in history.

i never understood the school lunch push by the obamas, school lunches have been awful since forever, and now we just serve brown lettuce and cold turkey burgers and a sliver of fruit to kids, like what is the difference. I lived off cold pizza and chicken nuggets for 6 plus years and i turned out just fine, lol. School bought lunches didnt become half decent until i hit high school, tbh.
maybe obama should have focused more on enforcing schools to have required P.E. and recess.

i never understood the school lunch push by the obamas, school lunches have been awful since forever, and now we just serve brown lettuce and cold turkey burgers and a sliver of fruit to kids, like what is the difference. I lived off cold pizza and chicken nuggets for 6 plus years and i turned out just fine, lol. School bought lunches didnt become half decent until i hit high school, tbh.
maybe obama should have focused more on enforcing schools to have required P.E. and recess.

Because she pushed healthy foods, but didn't provide adequate money yo do it. Schools are expected to serve only who,e grains, fresh fruit and veg, lean meats ect on about $2 per child per day for breakfast AND lunch. That pizza you ate will now loose a school federal lunch funds. Most bulk canned veg has too much sodium to be "legal", and fresh is over budget so cheap flavorless veg is all they get. Canned fruit, even packed in juice, is very difficult to get with low enough sugar content and whole apples and bananas, basically all that's affordable, are limited on the number of times a month they can be served. The only whole grain pasta schools can afford is terrible, and they cannot serve ANY white pasta or bread. The result is hungry kids, and some that I teach often don't eat if it isn't at school. More so at the end of the month when good stamps run out.

Because she pushed healthy foods, but didn't provide adequate money yo do it. Schools are expected to serve only who,e grains, fresh fruit and veg, lean meats ect on about $2 per child per day for breakfast AND lunch. That pizza you ate will now loose a school federal lunch funds. Most bulk canned veg has too much sodium to be "legal", and fresh is over budget so cheap flavorless veg is all they get. Canned fruit, even packed in juice, is very difficult to get with low enough sugar content and whole apples and bananas, basically all that's affordable, are limited on the number of times a month they can be served. The only whole grain pasta schools can afford is terrible, and they cannot serve ANY white pasta or bread. The result is hungry kids, and some that I teach often don't eat if it isn't at school. More so at the end of the month when good stamps run out.

I pack lunches for my two younger kids because they hate the school lunches. I refuse to pack lunches for my 17 & 15 yr olds, I tell them they can pack their own lunches or I'll give them money for their lunch accounts. As it is apparently impossibly hard for them to make their own lunch, they just buy lunch everyday and then bitterly complain about how disgusting the food is:rolleyes:

My son buys maybe 1-2 times a week. He's never had any issue with food choices, and as a parent who only serves whole wheat/whole grain at home it makes me much happier to know the pizza and bread served is whole wheat. I can understand why people are upset however her intentions were good, but good intentions don't fill the bellies of hungry kids who rely on school meals for much of their daily caloric intake. The reality is the school food industry (similar to the prison food industry) is filled with corruption and contracts and are all looking to make as much $ as they can without regard to providing nutritional meals.

In Australia, it is common to bring lunch from home (sandwiches, wraps, salads, leftovers in Tupperware or thermoses type thing)
Our school canteen is run not necessarily for profit, but we pay enough for food to employ canteen ladies and buy good tasting food.
Ex:
(Hot)Toasties, chicken burgers, egg&bacon, chicken wraps, sausage rolls, muffins, pies, pizza, pasta, rice. (Cold) Salads, sandwiches, wraps, slices, juice, milk, icy poles. Personally I get canteen once a week. Once or twice is normal for most kids.

Just thought it was interesting: Australia:Yay I have canteen money today! America:Ew the canteen's so gross. I would much rather bring lunch from home.

My son buys maybe 1-2 times a week. He's never had any issue with food choices, and as a parent who only serves whole wheat/whole grain at home it makes me much happier to know the pizza and bread served is whole wheat. I can understand why people are upset however her intentions were good, but good intentions don't fill the bellies of hungry kids who rely on school meals for much of their daily caloric intake. The reality is the school food industry (similar to the prison food industry) is filled with corruption and contracts and are all looking to make as much $ as they can without regard to providing nutritional meals.

You cannot blame corruption in this one. It's the new rules, not corrupt middle men causing kids to go hungry. Before the new rules we didn't have a problem feeding kids nutritious meals they would actually eat. We eat only whole wheat at home, but it is vastly different than what the kids get served at school. What they are getting is low quality, and frankly tastes like paste. I can't choke it down, and I don't think they should be expected to. I have talked to our cafeteria manager extensively about this. It isn't a contract issue. Quality products that they can afford on their budget and that meet the new guidelines are rarer than unicorns, no matter what supplier you use. Bottom line is that the new rules aren't realistic on the budget they have. Corruption isn't to blame for that, the person who decided to implement this program is.

In Australia, it is common to bring lunch from home (sandwiches, wraps, salads, leftovers in Tupperware or thermoses type thing)
Our school canteen is run not necessarily for profit, but we pay enough for food to employ canteen ladies and buy good tasting food.
Ex:
(Hot)Toasties, chicken burgers, egg&bacon, chicken wraps, sausage rolls, muffins, pies, pizza, pasta, rice. (Cold) Salads, sandwiches, wraps, slices, juice, milk, icy poles. Personally I get canteen once a week. Once or twice is normal for most kids.

Just thought it was interesting: Australia:Yay I have canteen money today! America:Ew the canteen's so gross. I would much rather bring lunch from home.

Thing is, we have a LOT more students who wouldn't eat at all if not for the free lunch provided by the school. For some of my students, the free breakfast and lunch at school is all they get some days. They can't just bring a lunch from home because there is no food at home. My personal child takes a healthy lunch to school every day, but many, many kids in the US aren't lucky enough to be able to do that so school lunches need to actually provide for their nutritional needs. That isn't happening right now, due to these new rules. We as teachers have even considered spending our own money to set up a food closet for hungry kids, but have found that we can be fired for feeding them outside the cafeteria, because of the new rules.

Eta: pretty much nothing on your list is allowable in the US for lunch at a public school, except maybe a wrap with a whole wheat tortilla or a salad, but those are even dicey because dressing has either too much fat, or too much sugar in a low or no fat variety.

Thing is, we have a LOT more students who wouldn't eat at all if not for the free lunch provided by the school. For some of my students, the free breakfast and lunch at school is all they get some days. They can't just bring a lunch from home because there is no food at home. My personal child takes a healthy lunch to school every day, but many, many kids in the US aren't lucky enough to be able to do that so school lunches need to actually provide for their nutritional needs. That isn't happening right now, due to these new rules. We as teachers have even considered spending our own money to set up a food closet for hungry kids, but have found that we can be fired for feeding them outside the cafeteria, because of the new rules.

Eta: pretty much nothing on your list is allowable in the US for lunch at a public school, except maybe a wrap with a whole wheat tortilla or a salad, but those are even dicey because dressing has either too much fat, or too much sugar in a low or no fat variety.

Interesting to hear a teacher's perspective. I understand that most of our foods are more "treats" than everyday foods though. Obviously food needs to be healthy, but it still has to taste good. Kids don't or very reluctantly eat food that's not tasty. Nutrition is important, yes but if your food is nutritious but no one eats it then there's no point. (cliche warning) It's all about balance.

Ugh I feel like this post was all over the place :/

Back