OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
My School goes from 8:00 to 3:25 every day except for Wednesdays when we go from 8:30 to 3:25. We have long school days but we also have bank days built into our calendar where we can miss up to 7 snow days before we have to make them up, so it all is worth it when we get out May 12th and other schools are getting out a few days before June. We have 7 periods a day and an advisory in between 3rd and 4th except for Wednesdays. We have 4 lunches that all take place in 4th period. Each class is about 45 minutes long and we have 6 minute passing periods

You guys are in school a LOT less per day that we are. I teach high school and we start at 7:10 and release at 2:50. The only non instructional time is a 25 min lunch. No home room or break. How many school days in the school year for you?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
We do similar to @Helen uk uni cheer . 4 terms, each 10 weeks long. (Some end up to be 11 and some 9), but 40 weeks of school in total, Monday-Friday, 9-3.25. We have six weeks Christmas/summer, 2 Easter/Autumn, 2 winter and 2 Spring for holidays.

I'm going into 8th grade-
I have 6 class periods, they're all 60 min long. We start at 9:00, have advisory everyday for like 28 minutes I think? It's a random time. We do lunch by grade- 8th graders eat first after 2nd period which ends at about 11-ish, 6th graders after 3rd period which is 12-ish, and 7th graders after 4th period which is 1-ish. Our schedule isn't too bad but I really don't like getting out of school at 4:00 because by the time I get off the bus and start my homework it's usually around 5, and then I have to get ready for tumbling/practice Thursdays and Tuesdays.. It's a lot but I manage lol.

My school started at 8:55 and ended at 3:40. We had 4 periods and lunch was in 3rd period in 4 blocks. We also had semester long classes and A/B year long classes that all were an hour and a half (plus lunch).

Senior year, I spent the latter half of the day (12-3:40) at this school and the morning (8-11:37) at what we call career center that was 7 classes a day (but I only had 3) with approximately 45 minute classes every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Cp's school starts 7:25 and ends 2:25. Lunch can be any period 4th through 7th, or depending on your schedule and the classes you are taking you could have lunch every other day or not at all. Middle school runs 7:55 - 2:40 and you could also have lunch any period 4th through 7th. My kids have had lunch all over the place; but since the schools all allow them to eat during classes except in science lab it really isn't that terrible.

:confused: Your school offered arbys? Thats pretty nice.
I keep seeing people post about having concession stands too, we never had one of those either.
The main reason, that i learned the hard way, was to never buy lunch at our high school for the simple fact that you spent almost your entire lunch period waiting in line. And never had enough time to eat it.

We had several stands build in our cafeteria in addition to the actual cafeteria food. We had gyros, a bagel shop, a place that sold burgers and fries, and a salad bar.

We had several stands build in our cafeteria in addition to the actual cafeteria food. We had gyros, a bagel shop, a place that sold burgers and fries, and a salad bar.

what!

I'm almost positive that was illegal in my home state. We banned soda sales before it was cool as well.

what!

I'm almost positive that was illegal in my home state. We banned soda sales before it was cool as well.

We had vending machines if you wanted soda or junk food; it was definitely all over the place. A few in the cafeteria, a few in the main courtyard and another few in the gym. The did lock them up so you could only access the courtyard ones before school, during lunch and after school; the gym was always open for sales and the lunch ones only during lunch hour.

We had vending machines if you wanted soda or junk food; it was definitely all over the place. A few in the cafeteria, a few in the main courtyard and another few in the gym. The did lock them up so you could only access the courtyard ones before school, during lunch and after school; the gym was always open for sales and the lunch ones only during lunch hour.
All banned now in our district. They have healthy drinks and snacks but nothing like soda or junk food anymore. The student council and different clubs do sell pizza after school though.

Back