OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
All banned now in our district. They have healthy drinks and snacks but nothing like soda or junk food anymore. The student council and different clubs do sell pizza after school though.

I've been out of HS for a while now, I will have to see what they do now. That said, my girls are in a public school elementary school and this is their A La Carte menu

alacarte_zpshpdqpupz.png

I've been out of HS for a while now, I will have to see what they do now. That said, my girls are in a public school elementary school and this is their A La Carte menu

alacarte_zpshpdqpupz.png
I know our kids only have an option of buying water, and a cookie for dessert. Nothing else. (This is all middle school and below I'm referring to; I have no experience with the high school lunches since neither of my girls ever bought lunch in the cafeteria. And we have a closed campus, so the kids cannot leave the school to purchase lunch elsewhere because no where is walkable and there have been several terrible car accidents in the past when seniors were allowed to leave for lunch.)

Moving, summer school, and various other responsibilities are really interfering with my plans to re-read all of the Harry Potter books and I'm pretty sick of it

I know our kids only have an option of buying water, and a cookie for dessert. Nothing else. (This is all middle school and below I'm referring to; I have no experience with the high school lunches since neither of my girls ever bought lunch in the cafeteria. And we have a closed campus, so the kids cannot leave the school to purchase lunch elsewhere because no where is walkable and there have been several terrible car accidents in the past when seniors were allowed to leave for lunch.)

No one was supposed to leave at the high school level, but it still happened and likely still does. With dual enrollment, it's not odd for kids to leave at lunch and keeping up with the comings and going can be daunting. If the middle school hasn't changed from my day, we had the cafeteria food, then a bagel stand, salad bar and a burger/chicken/fry type stand. But honestly, I have no idea what it's like now. Those were like stand alone carts---my high school's cafeteria options were like built into the room as like a food court would be.

No one was supposed to leave at the high school level, but it still happened and likely still does. With dual enrollment, it's not odd for kids to leave at lunch and keeping up with the comings and going can be daunting. If the middle school hasn't changed from my day, we had the cafeteria food, then a bagel stand, salad bar and a burger/chicken/fry type stand. But honestly, I have no idea what it's like now. Those were like stand alone carts---my high school's cafeteria options were like built into the room as like a food court would be.

I was dually enrolled my senior year. We weren't allowed to leave campus for lunch at my home school (in which my lunch period was in). I will admit that I was definitely able to leave campus plenty of times to go to bojangles and back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will admit that I was definitely able to leave campus plenty of times to go to bojangles and back.

I'm from the Northern VA suburbs. We had open lunch for seniors, and my friends literally planned an entire trip to Maryland to get Bojangles lol

Luckily, the day when all my friends had lunch together, was the day we had study period before lunch so we would just leave early to get where we needed to go and back. The county is so small and there are a lot of food places but I'm a little bitter that there are now TWO Chipotles within 5 minutes from my HS school. The closest one before that was 15 minutes away.

My Cp could literally jump a fence by school and be home, but still could not leave for lunch! She said it took longer to walk from one end of her school to another than it would be to walk home.

I'm from the Northern VA suburbs. We had open lunch for seniors, and my friends literally planned an entire trip to Maryland to get Bojangles lol

Luckily, the day when all my friends had lunch together, was the day we had study period before lunch so we would just leave early to get where we needed to go and back. The county is so small and there are a lot of food places but I'm a little bitter that there are now TWO Chipotles within 5 minutes from my HS school. The closest one before that was 15 minutes away.
We had off campus lunch every day senior year (it could get revoked if you got in trouble or something) and I would usually hit McDonalds, Chick Fil A, Wendys or Subway. Sometimes Bojangles or Moes. They were all fairly close but anything further you would usually risk being late for your next class. We only had like 42 minutes for lunch. We were definitely guilty of going to the restroom and calling in a pick up order somewhere if we wanted something different. I could only image what we would have pulled if online ordering was as big of a thing back in 09. I think I went home maaaaybe once. I was pushed on time to get home, eat, and get back to campus within the allotted period.

About a year after I graduated they opened a Zaxbys literally right beside my school and I was so bitter. I would have been there on the reg.

We had off campus lunch every day senior year (it could get revoked if you got in trouble or something) and I would usually hit McDonalds, Chick Fil A, Wendys or Subway. Sometimes Bojangles or Moes. They were all fairly close but anything further you would usually risk being late for your next class. We only had like 42 minutes for lunch. We were definitely guilty of going to the restroom and calling in a pick up order somewhere if we wanted something different. I could only image what we would have pulled if online ordering was as big of a thing back in 09. I think I went home maaaaybe once. I was pushed on time to get home, eat, and get back to campus within the allotted period.

About a year after I graduated they opened a Zaxbys literally right beside my school and I was so bitter. I would have been there on the reg.

I had the hook up because sometimes if we wanted something that could take too long my mom would pick it up since she was staff. We also had Senior project which allowed you to leave school. Mine was in the morning so at most my friends in that class would go to Chickfila, luckily my friend's aunt was my SP teacher so she was chill. My friends with Senior Project last would blow off the entire period to go to Georgetown.

My class was the WORST with the off campus privilege because everyone drove, and if we got back from lunch late, we'd get my friend's aunt to write us a pass so we wouldn't get in trouble. Or we'd just hang in her class instead of going to ours....We were really bad kids, it's ironic that most of us graduated with honors and are at some of the top schools in the country because we never went to class senior year. My mom says despite all the great things our class did, it was the worst with attendance.

Dang, I wish we had that long for lunch. We had a little less than 25 minutes, which was barely enough time to get to one of the cafeterias, wait in line, and eat since there were so many people at my school. We did have pretty good options most of the time though. We weren't allowed to leave the school, but I'm not sure how anybody could even if they wanted to in that amount of time.
I lived about an hour from my high school (my choice), so even if we had a little bit longer, running home for lunch wouldn't have been an option for me. That would have been nice though.

!!! You're right. Although the DC-to south Arlington trek would've been risky time wise.

Also-while my friends are some super smart kids, they don't have the best logic lol.

which high school did you go to? You can PM me if you want. (I'm just curious.)

Back