OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
The guy who played Link looked like a doll! The makeup on the guys seemed a little over the top. My sister kept commenting that Derek Hough doesn't actually look like that lol
Yeah the boys makeup was a bit much, they honestly didn't look real.

I've only seen a few youtube videos, but I'm surprised at how well Derek Hough did. He's a much more tolerable singer than his sister is. I keep seeing a gif from "Run and Tell That" on twitter, and I get sympathy pains every time I see it; it had to hurt a little bit jumping off a table and landing on the floor in the splits.
The guy who played Seaweed was in the original cast of Hamilton! I thought he was awesome but every time I see that gif I'm amazed he got up and walked after that [emoji23]
I was surprised at how few people in the cast I recognized, I feel like everyone in Grease Live was pretty famous but the people chosen for hairspray weren't as well known (minus Ariana and Jennifer Hudson of course) which was nice.

Did anyone watch Hairspray Live last night?
I missed it and deeply regret it because Kristin Chenoweth is my idol. I did my final film school project on her :( I've seen highlights but it's just not the same to not watch it live :oops:

The guy who played like was so mehhh. I didn't really like Ariana either. She doesn't enunciate in her songs and she didn't here either. I actually wasn't crazy about the casting overall. JHud killed it of course, and Harvey Fierstein is a national treasure. Kristen Chenoweth and Derek Hough were both perfect for those roles. I thought Rosie O'Donnell looked great.

Loved the sets and their intricacy, and how they shot everything was pretty cool with the continuing camera.

Proof that Ariana is capable of pronouncing consonants and singing without sounding like her mouth is full of marbles:
(skip to around 1:50...)

I always go back and rewatch this video to remember her Broadway days/when she actually annunciated words properly. I know she was only 15 in this video and her voice probably changed a little as she got older but I wish she would still sing like this.
ETA: I know she was only the understudy for this role and normally played a minor character

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The guy who played like was so mehhh. I didn't really like Ariana either. She doesn't enunciate in her songs and she didn't here either. I actually wasn't crazy about the casting overall. JHud killed it of course, and Harvey Fierstein is a national treasure. Kristen Chenoweth and Derek Hough were both perfect for those roles. I thought Rosie O'Donnell looked great.

Loved the sets and their intricacy, and how they shot everything was pretty cool with the continuing camera.

Agree with everything. I couldn't believe I found myself longing for Amanda Bynes as Penny again :confused: I thoroughly enjoyed Derek as Corny Collins though!

I try to keep an open mind about these made for TV musicals but they're all so corny and I can't get into them. Hairspray was definitely one of the better ones they've done - but it helps that I can't stand The Sound of Music or Grease... And they murdered Rocky Horror (how about don't mess with the cult classics?????). But I am here for Little Shop of Horrors Live if that ever happens!! :shimmy:

Ariana was great in her Disney (Nick? idk) days. I loved her Vienna cover from several years ago

See. You can actually enunciate, Ariana. SO DO IT PLZ

I think I post this every time we talk about how much we hate Ariana... but this was her prime. I wish she stuck to the broadway path instead of the little pop star path. $$ wise, I get it... but I feel like it ruined her.

ETA Ariana isn't until after the 2 minute mark. First is Colleen Ballinger/Miranda Sings

Last edited:
Not gonna lie, when I heard he was cast I remember wondering who kept telling that family they can sing. He certainly proved me wrong. (Not his sister. She can stop any time now.)
I would love to see Pippin Live, but only if it's done in the style of the revival and not the original production. But since cheerleading is all over the media right now (and they can shoehorn Hamilton into the marketing somehow), I say they do Bring it On Live next. From what I remember, it didn't portray cheerleading too stereotypically. I also wouldn't say no to American Psycho Live. Only because it closed way too soon, and I'm a sucker for 80's music. (That one's a stretch, I know....)

Next is Bye Bye Birdie featuring JLo

We all know she can't sing. [emoji19]

I overall really liked Hairspray Live.

Kristin Chenoweth is a goddess, Harvey Fierstein is the definitive Mrs Turnblad, Martin Short has a much better voice than I expected, Ephraim Sikes is super sexy, and I thought the girl playing Tracy was fantastic. And J-Hud CRUSHED IT.

While I liked most of her acting and delivery, there was something a bit off with Ariana. Maybe she isn't used to the Broadway-style singing, having been out of that world for so long? Or maybe she was tired or ill? She wasn't really projecting or enunciating, which sucks because she really has a wonderful musical theater voice when she uses it.

Anyone in Atlanta area that likes Bon Jovi? I have 2 tickets for sale. Reasonable priced ones

So we have this really cool thing in Quebec called "Movemanity". It is a Facebook page that promotes cheerleading in our province.

They also have a Snapchat account, and every once in a while a gym can take control of it to present themselves.

Today the account is controlled by our gym! The girl you'll see is on the IO5 and on the OC4 team.

So if you want to learn about us (and a bit of French at the same time), add Movemanity on Snapchat!

Does anyone have experience with north face gloves? I work outside for half of the day in the midwest. Normal temps before windchill can get as low as single digits, so I need something heavy duty but not a ton of bulk.

Does anyone have experience with north face gloves? I work outside for half of the day in the midwest. Normal temps before windchill can get as low as single digits, so I need something heavy duty but not a ton of bulk.

I've had two different pairs; a fleece one with rubber-y finger tips and a thinner fleece, stretchy running pair with the technology tips. The wind cut through both almost immediately. I also wish they were waterproof since cleaning off windshields always got them wet. They only kept my fingers warm while my hands were in my pockets walking across campus.

This was the last two winters in NY; single digits and negative double-digit windchills. They weren't bulky but they weren't warm either :(

ETA: the fleece ones worked well if you put a liner-glove underneath but without they kind of sucked.

One week until I head to NYC! Never been around Christmas, and I'm so excited (but kind of scared I'm going to freeze.)

Anyone have restaurant recommendations? We're being super touristy and staying near Times Square. It's me, my mom and my (almost) 16 year old sister going Tuesday - Friday.

Back