OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Does anyone have experience with north face gloves? I work outside for half of the day in the midwest. Normal temps before windchill can get as low as single digits, so I need something heavy duty but not a ton of bulk.

I have a pair that are like heavy duty, the outer layer is waterproof but inside they're fuzzy and I really like them! They're not puffy like you can still function in them but they're pretty warm. I've never worn them for half a day but they work well for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One week until I head to NYC! Never been around Christmas, and I'm so excited (but kind of scared I'm going to freeze.)

Anyone have restaurant recommendations? We're being super touristy and staying near Times Square. It's me, my mom and my (almost) 16 year old sister going Tuesday - Friday.

Can't recommend any restaurants specifically but you might find some good ones in Union Square, its a nice little area. Chelsea Market is also really fun to walk around and eat at. Lots of food to choose from. There's a crepe bar there that I can never say no to!

Side note: the tree at Rockefeller Center is from the tiny town I went to college in :cloud9:

One week until I head to NYC! Never been around Christmas, and I'm so excited (but kind of scared I'm going to freeze.)

Anyone have restaurant recommendations? We're being super touristy and staying near Times Square. It's me, my mom and my (almost) 16 year old sister going Tuesday - Friday.
Sugar Factory in the Meatpacking district.
Big Gay Ice Cream Shop - there's one in the east and the west village - best ice cream ever (get a Salty Pimp)
Wo Hop on Mott Street in Chinatown (cash only)
Katz's Delicatessen

I will think of other fun places and post them.

My friend and I went to our old work Christmas party last night and someone stole her purse :( I feel guilty because had she left earlier when she wanted to go, it wouldn't have happened but of course I was like "nooo let's dance and drink more wine". I know you're not supposed to get hung up on 'what if's' and 'had I not done that's' but it's hard not to. It was people from all the restaurant locations around the city. We don't even know that many people from the location we used to work at who were there so we have no idea who to ask if anyone was looking sketchy near our table. I'm going to get her a nice new purse for Christmas to make up for it.

Last edited:

Treat House is fun! Little rice Krispy squares of all flavors Be sure to see the light show on the buildings by Rockefeller Center! Macy's is fun to go to see the decorations. If u cab it anywhere don't get in a black car! They will really overcharge u.
There is a great deli in Times Square ( I think around 42nd and Broadway?) that makes great sandwiches and fresh mixed salads.
Also Today Tix App is great for deals on shows!

Treat House is fun! Little rice Krispy squares of all flavors Be sure to see the light show on the buildings by Rockefeller Center! Macy's is fun to go to see the decorations. If u cab it anywhere don't get in a black car! They will really overcharge u.
There is a great deli in Times Square ( I think around 42nd and Broadway?) that makes great sandwiches and fresh mixed salads.
Also Today Tix App is great for deals on shows!
Treat House is awesome (I ordered stuff from their for my daughter's grad party).

Magnolia Bakery, Shake Shack, Ray's Pizza (they all say "The Original" on it but I think that one is really downtown), Serendipity3...

Today Tix is a great call for shows as @cheermomforever mentioned, and you might as well enter the Hamilton lottery every day too, you never know.

My fav museum is The Cloisters which is a medieval castle in upper Manhattan but it's a pain to get to.

I have a pair that are like heavy duty, the outer layer is waterproof but inside they're fuzzy and I really like them! They're not puffy like you can still function in them but they're pretty warm. I've never worn them for half a day but they work well for me.

Do you know what kind they are?

I don't think either team is going for bids, and it is the same program, if that helps

I had a teammate on my coed 6 a few years ago who also did another coed 6 team. It was before all this required athlete registration stuff but as long as there's no worlds bids in play and they're competing at separate comps it shouldn't be an issue.

ETA: whoops same program. You're fine.

Back