OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Welp...at least it's not just cheer...apparently underwater cheer needs GoFundMe too
c82126840ab33b76c5f915df9efc422c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought an amazon fire TV stick and had 2 diff rokus at my moms and I like the tv stick more (when I am at a place that has good internet.) It doesn't work with crappy internet at all though and the roku at least tries to work with my crappy internet.

ETA: It has spotify but I'm not sure about google play!
What else does it stream other than spotify? Similar stuff to AppleTV? And what does the full Roku do that the Roku stick doesn't?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm broke so I like to research my purchases thoroughly, haha

What else does it stream other than spotify? Similar stuff to AppleTV? And what does the full Roku do that the Roku stick doesn't?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm broke so I like to research my purchases thoroughly, haha

I feels ya. I like to be an educated consumer too :p

I have something called a WD Live TV Hub (or something along the lines of that name) from Western Digital. It's cool. It costs more than a roku though. It can stream Netflix, Hulu, pandora, spotify, etc. you can also load movies onto it. I have like 400 movies on mine and it's not even being close to full. I think it supports more types of video files than others, too. It also streams things from USB drives. And you can control it from your phone with the app.

I have an older model but I think the newer ones can stream movies off of devices on the same network at home. I haven't looked yet to see if it gets the USASF channel because I don't have the live stream :p

I think they have something that's comparable to an Apple TV in function and price called the WD TV Live or something like that that has similar specs to what I have.

I was wondering today if athletes are allowed to take their medals on the plane with them or if they have to pack them in their luggage :p

How heavy actually is the worlds trophy? When you see it sitting on the ground, it looks so heavy but then there are pictures with people holding it over their heads like it's super light. I can't figure it out.

The fact that I can answer these questions :eek:
They can wear their medals on the plane. They have to take them off to run them through the x-ray machine as you would a belt/shoes, etc. The trophy is pretty heavy - maybe 20-25 pounds. I heard one person who carried the trophy through the airport that it was harder than doing 10 full-outs in a row :D

it depends what kind of streaming you do. I got an AppleTV as a gift a while back so I use it because hey, it was free so I'm not going to buy another similar thing. I am poor lol so I opted not to get cable and login to my mom's cable on the Apple TV for HBO and the like and then I have netflix. My gripe with AppleTV is that I can't use our Amazon prime streaming because they don't support that. (there are ways around it with airplay, but i prefer things as uncomplicated as possible)

My mom has the amazon stick and loves it. Roku is the only one with a USASF channel, though. but the two are pretty similar besides that.

I'm guessing they carry on the worlds trophy, I've always wondered about that... And imagine if your program won more then one:eek: especially cheer athletics 2012 era. That's a lot of worlds trophies. @quitthedrama

Talking about the Worlds trophy and planes...Back in the day I used to work in the automotive industry and I attending a lot of car shows, the winners of the car shows had to disassemble, pack and check their trophies because they were not allowed to be carried onto the plane! Granted they are not structured the same as the Worlds trophy, but could you imagine what the first person who found out the hard way felt? This is also going back to 2002-2006 so I don't know if the rules may have lessened any since then.

Honestly I just use mine for netflix and pandora and hulu. So I guess it streams all that stuff and it has amazon prime too (both the roku and the fire tv stick). I don't have the roku stick I have the amazon stick at my apartment right now and at my moms he has the roku HD and the roku 2 i think I'm not sure but they're 2 different ones. I like the roku boxes better than the tv stick because of internet connectivity but i read online if you use the extender for your amazon fire tv stick that it improves the connection so I'm going to try that. The thing with the fire tv stick (and I'm not sure about the roku stick) is that even though its a stick I was under the impression that the tv powered the stick or the stick had batteries or something but in reality the stick has a cord that has to be plugged up to it from the wall for it to work, and the cord isn't very long. I feel like its advertised as this cool little thing that you plug up to your tv and go but it actually has to be plugged up to an outlet and your tv and it only works that way, it doesn't hold a charge itself, if that made any sense. I also don't have apple tv so I'm not sure if its the same!

Back