OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
So I was planning on tumbling and getting some info on this open team later this week but I think I am chickening out. I really want to cheer again, but I'm nervous I'll look like a hot mess with my (currently) barely there handspring. A handspring is the requirement and mine is so janky right now for real. It doesn't help that I don't know anyone there and I really don't want to go to this new place alone. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do it!! If you don't, you're not going to cheer. Worst case, they say no and you're in the same place you are now. Might as well give it a go and maybe you'll end up on a team. Kinda like guessing on multiple choice tests. Leave it blank, and you're going to get it wrong for sure. Take a guess, you might get it right

Does anyone have recommendations for cute but comfortable shoes? I'm working in retail which means standing for hours on end and I stood for 7 hours in Toms today and my feet were screaming by hour 4. We have to dress trendy and cute so I can't wear sneakers or Chacos, but can wear any type of sandal, wedge (but those aren't comfortable), flat, "fashion sneaker" (keds, vans, the likes), toms, sperries, etc. I feel like sandals are my best bet though for finding something comfortable as in my experience toms and fashion sneakers are super flat with no support
I feel like the style of shoes we sell and that go with our style don't really offer much support and my sandals I would wear with most of my outfits definitely have no support so any suggestions for shoes that are fashionable and supportive/comfortable? Target market is HS-College age so they can't be too OBVIOUSLY comfortable in an old lady way but I know comfy shoes are going to be slightly different than I'm used to and I'm okay with that as long as I can pass them off as cute and not stick out too much :D
You can add insoles in Vans or Keds to give extra support and comfort.

Clarks might have some cute-ish things. They are almost always comfy. They have all sorts of shoes including sandals.

Does anyone have recommendations for cute but comfortable shoes? I'm working in retail which means standing for hours on end and I stood for 7 hours in Toms today and my feet were screaming by hour 4. We have to dress trendy and cute so I can't wear sneakers or Chacos, but can wear any type of sandal, wedge (but those aren't comfortable), flat, "fashion sneaker" (keds, vans, the likes), toms, sperries, etc. I feel like sandals are my best bet though for finding something comfortable as in my experience toms and fashion sneakers are super flat with no support
I feel like the style of shoes we sell and that go with our style don't really offer much support and my sandals I would wear with most of my outfits definitely have no support so any suggestions for shoes that are fashionable and supportive/comfortable? Target market is HS-College age so they can't be too OBVIOUSLY comfortable in an old lady way but I know comfy shoes are going to be slightly different than I'm used to and I'm okay with that as long as I can pass them off as cute and not stick out too much :D
Sketchers has some cute slip on shoes called go-walk slip on flats. I don't know if those will work.

I know you said wedges weren't comfy...but I have had the best luck with them when standing long hours. I just don't seem to get as "tired" and "sorefeet" as with flats....

Try Birkenstock or Naot for sandals. They're going to cost you more but your feet will thank you. Any sneaker you can pull out the insole and replace with an orthotic will help you as well. You can do that with Vans or Supergas.

Catching up on the news and holy moly Texas and Oklahoma---thoughts for all those involved, hoping no FBs are in that mess.

Catching up on the news and holy moly Texas and Oklahoma---thoughts for all those involved, hoping no FBs are in that mess.
It's crazy! I have a lot of family in Texas and I am moving to Houston in 2 weeks so I hope it stops soon!

It's crazy! I have a lot of family in Texas and I am moving to Houston in 2 weeks so I hope it stops soon!

I hope your move goes smoothly. That amount of water is nuts and summer is only starting. We had a fire actually get kinda close to us on Friday; it jumped more than a few roads, and I'm now a little worried. We're definitely drier than normal and arson's are definitely a thing here.

Sooo I live on the third floor and my apt building has breezeways to each door/ floor with very bright lights. I work night shifts and I'm honestly horrified about coming home and having to walk up three flights of stairs with June bugs swarming around. I have a paralyzing fear of them and I'm not sure what I'm gong to do.....

I find sperry's very comfortable. They actually have a lot of cushioning. Toms would probably hurt after awhile, since there is no padding .

That's it ! Panic mode officially on... I got my exam schedule and I'm up on the very first session mid June. They see candidates every day for three full weeks, why do I have to go at very the beginning ???

You can get it over and done. Then, you can relax while others are still stressing about their exams.

I guess I would've panicked no matter the date (just having a date and time makes it a loooot more real and scary), so I might as well get it over with ! At least June 14th at around noon or so, I'll be done (these exams can happen on any day, even sundays...). And it happens in a city I've never been to so I'll just pretend I'm going on a holiday or something :D.

Dallas isn't getting hit as hard as houston and san marcos.. but we needed the rain so bad, were good now!

Back