OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I wrote a post on my blog on my issue with cheerleading and I would love some feedback so if you're really bored you can check it out!

My Issue With Cheerleading - Leah of the Pack
Well done. The first part of your concern there is absolutely no reason or excuse for that vile family to make those comments. It was beyond rude and unacceptable and I wish you had told them in person everything you said in your blog (I understand why you didn't but I just wish they had been told because they deserve it). The second part of your blog - the industry does to itself and we as athletes and parents are a part of it. Crop tops, sports bras, spandex, teased hair with curls and makeup all play into the stereotype. 95% of NFL cheerleaders are not real cheerleaders. They are dancers picked because their body and looks were better than the girl who had actual cheerleading skills. Sadly I don't see that changing.

"You are only responsible for being honest, not for someone else's reaction to your honesty."

Well done. The first part of your concern there is absolutely no reason or excuse for that vile family to make those comments. It was beyond rude and unacceptable and I wish you had told them in person everything you said in your blog (I understand why you didn't but I just wish they had been told because they deserve it). The second part of your blog - the industry does to itself and we as athletes and parents are a part of it. Crop tops, sports bras, spandex, teased hair with curls and makeup all play into the stereotype. 95% of NFL cheerleaders are not real cheerleaders. They are dancers picked because their body and looks were better than the girl who had actual cheerleading skills. Sadly I don't see that changing.

"You are only responsible for being honest, not for someone else's reaction to your honesty."
Agreed that our industry does play into that and create some of those problems. I didn't mention it only because myself I have never worn crop top uniforms or just sports bra or spandex to a practice or competition or anything but you're absolutely right.

I wrote a post on my blog on my issue with cheerleading and I would love some feedback so if you're really bored you can check it out!

I'm sorry that happened to you, some people are truly disgusting. Those remarks were awful.

I think this issue is important even outside of the realm of cheer. This happens to girls all the time. It is unsettling when men come up to you and start making unwanted sexual remarks towards you.

But you and @quitthedrama are spot on - the way cheer is portrayed and perceived to and by the general public only perpetuates the idea that this is ok when it is not. And it puts us girls in a very tough spot. How do you respond to that? Do you ignore it and let the person continue making remarks towards you and any other girl in the future? Or do you speak up and run the risk of getting verbally or physically assaulted?

I feel as though someone in the Packers organization should address these situations appropriately on all of their social media accounts. There is a reason they don't use NFL style cheerleaders and they need to make it known to their fans that this behavior is intolerable.

You acted with class and went above and beyond by taking that picture. That family should be ashamed of themselves.

It's 88 degrees today, 103 with humidity. This is by far the hottest day all summer and I'm stuck at work with no ac in the building or my car [emoji58] I already have plans to spend the entire day tomorrow at the beach since it's supposed to be the same temp!

I think I might be crazy and get a second job while I'm at school. This fall I'm taking 18 credits which is five classes, although one meets once a week and one is online, I have a work study job, and sorority stuff. Last year I was a building manager at school which meant I made my own hours and worked when I wanted to. My Monday-Thursday was a set schedule and then the weekend changed but we still got to choose when we worked. This year I'm not listed as one which will make a second job harder so I'm going to talk to my supervisor about being a building manager again. I just don't know if two jobs will be a lot along with my course load. Has anyone done that before?

Ewe that just gross. They did that in front of their kids yuck. so to go along the lines of what people precive as a NFL cheerleader or cheetleading in general. On the other FB everyone now is making fun of NFL teams that they hate and apparently their cheerleaders. So one post or picture was of a ugly man dressed as a woman with missing front teeth and horrible make up. The picture said "oh I made the packers cheerleading team." Pretty much was saying all the Packers cheerleaders were ugly. And I was like I guess you haven't seen the Buege triplets. I was like they may not be or dress like the "traditional" NFL cheerleaders but that doesn't make them ugly. Plus why make fun of college cheerleaders that are actual cheerleaders not dancers. Not that people should make fun of other NFL cheerleaders. I just found it rude that people think packers cheerleaders are ugly because they don't dress sexy.

I think I might be crazy and get a second job while I'm at school. This fall I'm taking 18 credits which is five classes, although one meets once a week and one is online, I have a work study job, and sorority stuff. Last year I was a building manager at school which meant I made my own hours and worked when I wanted to. My Monday-Thursday was a set schedule and then the weekend changed but we still got to choose when we worked. This year I'm not listed as one which will make a second job harder so I'm going to talk to my supervisor about being a building manager again. I just don't know if two jobs will be a lot along with my course load. Has anyone done that before?

It's definitely possible. I used to overload my courses (18+ credits), max out my hours at work (20 hours a week), hold e-board positions in clubs, and go snowboarding for the entire day every Sunday in school, along with other miscellaneous things. It was easy for me to balance all that stuff but I know not everyone can do that as easily. It takes a lot of time management and organization but it's doable. Just make sure you make time to take care of yourself because it can get really stressful sometimes. That was why I went snowboarding every weekend for the entire day - to get away from people and school and life for a bit :p it's really important that you do that stuff or else it can get overwhelming very fast.

Good luck!!

I usually took between 15 and 18 hours each semester. I also worked full time and raised 2 kids during that time.

Is it possible? Yes. Would I recommend it? Meh, maybe.

How many hours a week would you be working your work study job? And how many for the 2nd job?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

How have your grades been previous semesters? How difficult is your course load? Are you working the second job because you need the money or are you working it just to have the money?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am seeing all over the twitter but what is going on with Meek and Drake ? Why are they fighthing?
Girl. You missed the best beef of 2015. Look up lovelyti2002 on YouTube, she explains everything (hilariously)!

And @LeahofthePack so glad you wrote about it! I wanted to punch her in the face. I can't believe she said that.

Last edited:
When it's cold inside which is always I like to come and sit outside in the sun like an animal because they're right that spot where the sun shines through your windows is the best spot in the house to lay. So I fool around out here 'til I can't handle sweating anymore or being hot then inside is like perfect and I take a little cat nap.it must be awesome being a pet.
adc61544031f2aecc94b1defefde4d46.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back