OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Ok so there is a concert I want to go to in October, but it's the same night as one of my night classes for grad school. Doors open for the concert at 7, so the concert will actually start at 8. My class gets out at 8:30 so I wouldn't get to the venue until around 9.

This is for Catfish and The Bottlemen if anyone that has been to their shows before can give some insight.

Would I just miss the opener? Or would I miss part of their act too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

how many openers?

I saw Brand New on Saturday (for the fourth time lolololol) and they had two openers--one band went on at 8, another at 8:45, and then Jesse Lacey blessed the stage / my life with his presence at 9:55 and sang Soco Amaretto Lime.

YMMV, but that's what my experience was.

PS I Am A Nightmare was everything I've ever needed in my life.

Ok so there is a concert I want to go to in October, but it's the same night as one of my night classes for grad school. Doors open for the concert at 7, so the concert will actually start at 8. My class gets out at 8:30 so I wouldn't get to the venue until around 9.

This is for Catfish and The Bottlemen if anyone that has been to their shows before can give some insight.

Would I just miss the opener? Or would I miss part of their act too?

Maybe you could contact the venue and see? One venue by me normally posts start times for each opener and then the actual act.

For those who have bought Hamilton tickets in the past, did you buy online, or at the venue. Tickets for the Chicago shows go on sale soon and I'm hoping to buy some. I'm wondering if I'd have better luck if I go to venue instead of fighting it out online. Thoughts?

For those who have bought Hamilton tickets in the past, did you buy online, or at the venue. Tickets for the Chicago shows go on sale soon and I'm hoping to buy some. I'm wondering if I'd have better luck if I go to venue instead of fighting it out online. Thoughts?
I just bought mine online through Ticketmaster when they released a new block for next year.

I still enter the lottery almost every day and a little part of me is convinced I'm going to win...until I get the email at 4:15 PM that says: "Unfortunately, you were not selected to receive tickets to the (insert date) 8:00 pm performance of HAMILTON.
Please try entering again for a future performance."

@Alexx

They haven't yet, but I think they will. Tickets aren't available to the general public yet, and they're less than $10 for pre sale through the radio station club thing I'm part of so I'm probably going to buy it anyway and just go by myself [emoji23]

@gofriars610 openers haven't been posted yet but since the tickets are so cheap I'll probably just go for it and go alone anyway. And I'm so jealous!!!! I would die to see that song live. I played the life out of it and then some the first week it came out.

My family is going to Orlando in a few weeks and doing universal. We've only done Disney so we're kind of going in blind. Anyone have any favorite restaurants at or around Universal/City Walk that we should go to? We're also spending a day at Cocoa Beach so suggestions for restaurants there would be great too!

My family is going to Orlando in a few weeks and doing universal. We've only done Disney so we're kind of going in blind. Anyone have any favorite restaurants at or around Universal/City Walk that we should go to? We're also spending a day at Cocoa Beach so suggestions for restaurants there would be great too!

City Walk has a lot of the chain restaurants like Margaritaville - the food isn't the greatest and it is over priced but the atmosphere is fun. Cowfish has good food but may not have something for everyone in the family. Emeril's has great food but is pricey. There are a lot of street vendor options if you don't want a true sit-down meal. Bubba Gump's has the best food and value IMO.
I personally like Universal/Islands of Adventure better than Disney as far as getting the best rides in one park. I hope you have a great time!

I really like Cowfish. It's new down there at City Walk but the original one is here in Charlotte.

I just bought mine online through Ticketmaster when they released a new block for next year.

I still enter the lottery almost every day and a little part of me is convinced I'm going to win...until I get the email at 4:15 PM that says: "Unfortunately, you were not selected to receive tickets to the (insert date) 8:00 pm performance of HAMILTON.
Please try entering again for a future performance."

*flies in with more Hamilnews*

Your chances will soon double!! :D

@RobinSparkles The "new" Hamilton is declared.

see also

but

Last edited:
I want to cut my hair, and I'd like to donate it but the websites I've looked at said they can't accept hair that has been dyed or chemically treated. I stopped coloring my hair roughly two years ago, but I'm not sure if all of the color treated hair has been cut off. Would this prevent me from being able to donate? If so, I'll wait longer to make a big change so I can donate it but I just want to make sure before I chop it all off and end up regretting it because it can't be used.

6ba368f027e6f24006340f7e6f6bc8df.jpg

I heard back from the coach (I'm assuming) of a cheerleader that tweeted something in poor taste regarding the shooting at Pulse

Like it wasn't to get her in trouble, kicked off her team or even publicly shame here (which is why I messaged it to the team page). But teens (everyone) really need to learn that what they say on the internet matters. And has consequences.

I hope she wasn't kicked off and they just punished and talked to her but I dk. What she said wasn't the best thing to say

*flys in with more Hamilnews*

Your chances will soon double!! :D

@RobinSparkles The "new" Hamilton is declared.

see also

but

I just made my mom log in today as well so I'm planning on entering both of us everyday now. This will quadruple my chances :D.
In the meantime I am so hooked on the soundtrack - I had told myself I wasn't buying it until I had my tickets, so now I can listen to it. I hope they eventually make a movie of the show and use the original cast like Rent did (well almost all of the cast).

i work within one of the citywalk restaurants. ill agree with everyone, citywalk food is pricey regardless of what restaurant you choose. everything that is slightly outside of universal property is pretty standard.
it would depend more on what kind of food you like, im mean theres everything from bar food, pizza, latin, sushi, burgers, etc.

Back