OT New Random Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I'm having a hard time coping with a friends death. I'm still in disbelief. I keep waking up hoping to get a text from him that this is all a really bad nightmare, and that it isn't real. He can't be gone. He can't.
If you need someone to talk to, I can be an open ear! PM me if you'd like. My thoughts are with you <3

The funny thing is- most people who commit these violent crimes are DEPRESSED. A few are derange psychos, like the Harris kid from Columbine. The other shooter was depressed. No excessive bullying or anything crazy- he had HEARTS in his diary for goodness sake! The article I read also mentioned something about how a certain percentage of people who had gone on to commit mass murder had attempted suicide or shown other severe signs of depression. Depression is anger turned inwards at themselves for a perceived lack of something or failure.
I still think it's sad. I took psychology last year and we learned about this kind of stuff (although I taught myself most of it since my teacher never had any experience teaching high school let alone an AP class). We learned the differences between a psychopath and a sociopath among other things. If only I still had my book and hadn't put my review book into storage then I could research some more. I just wish there was a way to prevent these kinds of things. I know it's far fetched because this world is a mix of good and evil. I don't know, maybe I have a TOO positive view of the world.

Y'all I need help. I'm in so much pain right now! Im having a zinging pain in my back that shoots straight up my spine. Ive always had a bad back, but this is different. I normally can pull a needle, but tonight and this weekend, I've not been able to even pull an acceptable scorpion. But loosing flexibility isn't what I'm scared of. I'm scared that there is something wrong with the bones or nerves. HELP!

Y'all I need help. I'm in so much pain right now! Im having a zinging pain in my back that shoots straight up my spine. Ive always had a bad back, but this is different. I normally can pull a needle, but tonight and this weekend, I've not been able to even pull an acceptable scorpion. But loosing flexibility isn't what I'm scared of. I'm scared that there is something wrong with the bones or nerves. HELP!
I'm not an expert nor can I pull a needle but did you maybe pull a muscle in your back? I have done that after not working out for a while. Maybe you worked TOO hard? I suggest getting a massage. They do wonders for you. I tend to get stressed a lot (not that hard with my family) and they help relax me and they work my muscles back to normal. If it hurts really bad I'd suggest seeing a doctor. Although my history with doctor's hasn't really been good (have had stomach pains since December and am on my 3rd different type of medication that STILL isn't helping.. Anyways.... back to you! :p ). So yahh, massage and/or doctor!

I'm not an expert nor can I pull a needle but did you maybe pull a muscle in your back? I have done that after not working out for a while. Maybe you worked TOO hard? I suggest getting a massage. They do wonders for you. I tend to get stressed a lot (not that hard with my family) and they help relax me and they work my muscles back to normal. If it hurts really bad I'd suggest seeing a doctor. Although my history with doctor's hasn't really been good (have had stomach pains since December and am on my 3rd different type of medication that STILL isn't helping.. Anyways.... back to you! :p ). So yahh, massage and/or doctor!
I've had muscle pain from over stretching before, but this is a different pain. It's not a whole back pain or constricted pain. It's a shooting zing up my spine!!!

I've had muscle pain from over stretching before, but this is a different pain. It's not a whole back pain or constricted pain. It's a shooting zing up my spine!!!

When I had this same pain, it turned out I had a pinched nerve. Painful as can be, but some asprin or tylenol really helps.

When I had this same pain, it turned out I had a pinched nerve. Painful as can be, but some asprin or tylenol really helps.
ok thank you! That's what it feels like- a nerve because it shoots straight up my back. Is it okay to still practice and stretch? I don't want to overdo it

cheerheart4life I suggest a chiropractor... and ibuprofen haha. My chiropractor would "adjust" my spine (basically just crack it). Then I'd get to zone out on one of those mechanical massage tables for 20 minutes or so. He gave me little exercises to do that would strengthen the muscles around the part of my back that was affected. Still do them to this day.

cheerheart4life I suggest a chiropractor... and ibuprofen haha. My chiropractor would "adjust" my spine (basically just crack it). Then I'd get to zone out on one of those mechanical massage tables for 20 minutes or so. He gave me little exercises to do that would strengthen the muscles around the part of my back that was affected. Still do them to this day.
Thanks! I think I'm going to try and go tomorrow if I can get in. It's just hard because our insurance doesn't cover it!

Were have coreography camp this week for a routine to do at halftimes. It's basically a mini routine. I like it a lot! And we wont have music until Wednesday, so were practicing to panthers music. Nobody understands my excitement! High school probz....

Were have coreography camp this week for a routine to do at halftimes. It's basically a mini routine. I like it a lot! And we wont have music until Wednesday, so were practicing to panthers music. Nobody understands my excitement! High school probz....

welcome to finland, where all-star cheerleaders don't even know what senior elite is....

Back