All-Star New Uniforms 2011-2012

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Listen, I LOVE UA's unis, but tutus=no. I understand that its for fun for the youth team, which is OK, but personally I think it detracts from the athletic appearance that all of us want cheer to have. JMO.

honestly i have never seen ultimate athletics actually perform in their tutu's. that is the first time. but i do see them were their tutu's around a competition alot and sometimes for awards, but rarely. plus i have not seen any of the older kids in them. so i dont feel like there as big of a deal as people are making them.

Excuse me? If you have a problem with the posting of this uniform (the censored version) you can PM me directly.
Or better yet have one of the Ultimate Athletics coaches PM (as I have several friends who coach there).

It's not my fault that people have an opinion on these,
you put them out in public and you're just going to have to in the words of
Central Jersey All Stars DEAL DEAL.

What I think your problem is that people, don't like this look and you're embarrassed as the team mom who advocated for these ridiculous things.... not to add further salt to the wound - but these tutus added an extra $100.00 onto the already $400.00 uniform - and that was before you even got them altered and attached... a lot of buck - for little payoff.

I do not like the tutu, it's a purple tulle nightmare. (but then, again my kids not wearing it!)

So before you come on here getting nasty - I would invite you to PM me, and I'll get nasty right back at you.
I'll be waiting for your correspondences via PM..

In the words of Clint Eastwood, "Go ahead, make my day." we'll go there!

Excuse me? If you have a problem with the posting of this uniform (the censored version) you can PM me directly.
Or better yet have one of the Ultimate Athletics coaches PM (as I have several friends who coach there).

It's not my fault that people have an opinion on these,
you put them out in public and you're just going to have to in the words of
Central Jersey All Stars DEAL DEAL.

What I think your problem is that people, don't like this look and you're embarrassed as the team mom who advocated for these ridiculous things.... not to add further salt to the wound - but these tutus added an extra $100.00 onto the already $400.00 uniform - and that was before you even got them altered and attached... a lot of buck - for little payoff.

I do not like the tutu, it's a purple tulle nightmare. (but then, again my kids not wearing it!)

So before you come on here getting nasty - I would invite you to PM me, and I'll get nasty right back at you.
I'll be waiting for your correspondences via PM..

In the words of Clint Eastwood, "Go ahead, make my day." we'll go there!

I wish I would try to ask the parents to buy a $100 tutu for "fun." Aint no tutu in the world worth $100 worth of fun. 'Oh, sorry, $500 worth of fun...But the kids love 'em, so I guess it's ok...:rolleyes:

In the picture they do not look good. In the video however its super cute, doesnt take away from the routine at all. There little girls having fun and being girlie. Comments about they make cheerleading look bad they are a YOUTH team. I doubt the general publics opinion on cheer will be based on their routine.

GOD forbid anyone on here think about 10 year old girl's feelings. Seriously every one of the kids in that picture knows who they are. The original post was not meant to be a compliment and posting a picture of little kids just to make fun of them is wrong. Go ahead and talk about it all you want, certainly your right, but I didn't think this forum was about posting pictures of 10 year olds and bashing them.

So yes taking down the photo is appropriate.

This is a thread about uniforms, and people's opinions of them....the tutus are a part of the uniform that was worn at a public competition and from everything I have read the comments have been about the uniform, not the kids. People are entitled to their own opinions about how a uniform looks, both good and bad. I have a 9 year old daughter and she is NOT on fierceboards, I am and I show her and share with her what I feel is appropriate for her. If someone lets their 10 yr old on FB and they see something like that then it is time to sit down and introduce them to the fact that not everyone in the world is going to like what you do, say or WEAR. If you like it and feel good in it then rock it.

GOD forbid anyone on here think about 10 year old girl's feelings. Seriously every one of the kids in that picture knows who they are. The original post was not meant to be a compliment and posting a picture of little kids just to make fun of them is wrong. Go ahead and talk about it all you want, certainly your right, but I didn't think this forum was about posting pictures of 10 year olds and bashing them.

On what grounds would the photo be removed? Usually (as far as I know), mods won't just remove a photo because someone thinks it should be removed unless that someone is a coach or owner at that gym. Otherwise there's usually a reason for a picture being removed - ie., inappropriate content (uniform malfunction). So, why should this be removed?

Because people don't like the uniform? Well, the thread was created for the sole purpose of discussing uniforms. If we removed a picture every time someone had something negative to say about one, the thread would not exist. The girls' faces are blocked out and I haven't seen a single comment discussing one of those girls individually. I have not seen "omg the girl on the left is so fat" or "lol the girl in the middle fell yesterday!" (btw those have nothing to do with the picture, I'm not even looking at it right now, just making things up for the sake of examples). The point is that people are discussing the tutus, not the girls. If you have a problem with a uniform discussion on a uniform discussion thread, maybe this isn't the place for you.

Personally I think the tutus are cute for maybe one performance to do something fun but not as a regular part of the uniform. And I definitely don't think they should have spent $100 on them - seems like a waste to me.

I like the tutu's but I'm a girlie girl at heart ;P

People need to remember that younger teams in ANY sport do not give the sport its "credibility"
If this was a SENIOR team I would be not be a fan at all for these girls it is perfectly acceptable IMO.

If you look my youth soccer team and saw the tshirt and shorts we wore you wouldn't say "any real sport would have uniforms"
If you saw and of the "themed" figure skating costumes I wore in my younger years you would probably question the legitimacy of figure skating however that is an olympic sport.

Side Note: That is a bomb . com dance. I am super impressed on how great it looks considering they are youth aged. Fierceness starts young in Illinois

These girls are amazing and who are you to be putting up pictures of anyone's child? I expect someone to remove this picture unless of course one of these girls belong to you. And I KNOW none of them do.

We do this because our routine is an 80's theme and the hair and tutu go hand in hand.

GOD forbid someone be different.
:chillpill:

:confused: I'm so confused. I didn't hear anybody making fun of little kids, nor have I read any post "bashing" the 10 year olds!! Nobody has mentioned anything negative about the kids in the pictures. Wow!

Here is an idea, if you don't want it talked about don't put it out there for people to see. Seems pretty easy to me. I think it is cute for awards and what not but for the routine, no thank you. If I had a child and the coach wanted to add a $100 tutu to a uniform I already paid $400 for I would be asking for them to pay for it. If they wanted a tutu I could have linked them to a youtube video teaching you how to make one, much cheaper.

Back