All-Star New Uniforms 2011-2012

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

These girls are amazing and who are you to be putting up pictures of anyone's child? I expect someone to remove this picture unless of course one of these girls belong to you. And I KNOW none of them do.

We do this because our routine is an 80's theme and the hair and tutu go hand in hand.

GOD forbid someone be different.
They did compete in them already (or wear them for an awards ceremony) so it's not that ridiculous for them to get posted online. Hundreds of people at the competition have seen them. He took the precautions of covering the faces up, so there is no way to identify the girls. I don't really see a reason for the picture to be removed, they have already debuted the look.

Sorry, but not everyone is going to love it. Scroll through the thread, there are plenty of unpopular uniforms. In my personal opinion, if a team does do something do so different they are going to have to be prepared for the feedback, both positive and negative. No one is attacking the girls, I'm sure they are all tremendous athletes. In my opinion, it's a pretty cute idea for awards especially if it goes with the theme.

These girls are amazing and who are you to be putting up pictures of anyone's child? I expect someone to remove this picture unless of course one of these girls belong to you. And I KNOW none of them do.

We do this because our routine is an 80's theme and the hair and tutu go hand in hand.

You need to take a pill of the chill variety. :chillpill:

GOD forbid someone forget to copyright a screen shot of a live feed of a PUBLIC EVENT. welcome to the world wide web. :banghead:
everyone is entitled to an opinion and if your going to put children on stage in TUTU'S, chances are something is going to be said about it. its a cute idea for an awards ceremony, i agree. but i do not see the functionality of competing in a costume.

GOD forbid anyone on here think about 10 year old girl's feelings. Seriously every one of the kids in that picture knows who they are. The original post was not meant to be a compliment and posting a picture of little kids just to make fun of them is wrong. Go ahead and talk about it all you want, certainly your right, but I didn't think this forum was about posting pictures of 10 year olds and bashing them.

So yes taking down the photo is appropriate.

GOD forbid anyone on here think about 10 year old girl's feelings. Seriously every one of the kids in that picture knows who they are. The original post was not meant to be a compliment and posting a picture of little kids just to make fun of them is wrong. Go ahead and talk about it all you want, certainly your right, but I didn't think this forum was about posting pictures of 10 year olds and bashing them.

I don't think i've read ANY comment, besides yours (who i'm understanding is related to one of the girls?), talking about any one of the girls individually. Every comment has been directed towards their outfits, which have not been seen or heard of.

:chillpill:

This person took the time to block out their faces. Also, when you are in a public place, the expectation of privacy goes out the window. Anyone can take photos or video and can do whatever with them.

okay honestly 99% of the time the people on this board do not attack minors we refrain from making comments about them because they are underage especially when we are referring the the uniforms in this thread, also the faces are blocked i could not tell you whos who even if i tried and nobody is making fun of the children some people are simply surprised that a gym of such high status would wear tutus that is all and not everybody is negative i sure as heck think its an adorable idea for a youth team (which i didnt even notice until you yourself pointed out they were of that age group) especially if its meant to be for awards or a routine because it is something that is age appropriate and not to mention fun for the girls

Level 3 Large Youth Jamfest National Champions. While the tutus photo shocked me a bit in the (yes, unflattering) screen capture, I don't think they detracted much at all from the performance.

I'm going to comment on the tutus.... (disclaimer: I'm not talking about the kids, but the adults to approved the tutus to be worn).
I have 2 comments:

1. From a judge's standpoint, I do not like them. As stated above, they are floppy and distract from the skills being performed. They also hide body positions (make you look like you were bent at the waist, even if you weren't).

2. From someone who cares deeply about cheerleading: How are we going to be taken seriously as a SPORT, when people do stuff like put tutus on athletes??????

I think only Maryland Twisters F5 can rock the belt type shorts and I also hate how some teams are just over doing the uniforms as years go on. I personally also like Cheer Athletics Uniforms because they keep them plain, simple and cute.

If your 10-year-old is on the Fierce Board, I would recommend maybe not allowing that. Sometimes things get rowdy here. The original post you refer to simply said "Just saw this on Live Feed." No more, no less, and certainly nothing personal about 10-year-old Susie. If you look back through this thread, you can see that things are called right on out. I can think of lots of phrases like "hot mess" that have been used to describe unis on this thread, but that wasn't done here.
I know it hurts when people notice what they think of as not-so-positive things about your kids. My kids actually get talked about in a not-so-positive light sometimes on the board, so I really do get it. Just try to understand that tutus are very "outside-the-box," so it was going to get brought up eventually.

My youth 3 team wears tutus to practice because it "helps the tumble better" whaaaa? Yeah, I don't get it either but they're KIDS... and if my kids feel like a million bucks and super confident I could care less about what fierce boarders have to say about it because I know I'm doing my job of developing confident and athletic little people :)

Back