All-Star New Uniforms 2014-2015 Season...just Because You Can, Doesn't Mean You Should!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I feel like they are surprisingly affordable! At least compared to allstar unis. You guys should definitely look in to fundraising for them. You can get a great one for like $130 each.

Why aren't Allstar teams going this route? They're not the flashiest. But, they look great, are affordable, and breathe. Go for a blinged out bow, if you really must have bling!

Seems like a no brainer, IMHO. Coaches and gym owners, serious question - is there a difference between these and Allstar uniforms? Are there legit reasons not to use these in the Allstar setting? Or is just preference?

I feel like they are surprisingly affordable! At least compared to allstar unis. You guys should definitely look in to fundraising for them. You can get a great one for like $130 each.
We fundraised for uniforms in the beginning of the year and i wanna say they were about $50 each for top and skirt and poms. This is a first year team, and since were technically still an intramural club, we don't have any funding :/

Why aren't Allstar teams going this route? They're not the flashiest. But, they look great, are affordable, and breathe. Go for a blinged out bow, if you really must have bling!

Seems like a no brainer, IMHO. Coaches and gym owners, serious question - is there a difference between these and Allstar uniforms? Are there legit reasons not to use these in the Allstar setting? Or is just preference?
The uniforms I posted (Fort Belvoir rec) included bling... and were only $137 including shipping. Bling is possible on a budget, too. You just have to go without crazy cutouts and unnecessary additions.

Speaking of collegiate uniforms, I would like your opinions on this: some Boarders have mentioned that they would like to see Allstar cheer uniforms take on a more athletic look. Check out the video below. It's Acro/tumbling. The girls seemed comfortable, never pulled on their shorts, we're able to stunt/tumble/jump and danced well. Would something like this work for Allstar? Why? or Why not? What would you change to make it work? Or is it just a big "No"?

I am all for more athletic uniforms, because a uniform created for athleticism is created for function. I do like Baylor's acrotumbling uniforms, but also, there are some collegiate uniforms that I adore that are more "traditional" ( meaning a skirt & half top). I'm also a big fan of capri pants for bottoms, especially on youth teams.

I've seen a bunch by underarmour
tumblr_msw7gacmek1qa27szo1_500.jpg

Cheerleading is a sport. I hate when uniforms get in the way of training. Athletes not being able to go full out in their unis until the day of comp for fear of damaging the garment, crystals falling 0ff, crystals digging into arms, or scratching teammates. We are athletes, we sweat. I love being able to throw a uniform in my washing machine. Or at the very least, i need to be able to hand wash them. I'm rolling my eyes at the dry clean only uniforms out there. Most importantly, i am SICK AND TIRED of these low cut, single strap, open backed, whatever tops. We need support. It's unacceptable for people to design uniforms thinking 'if they need a bra, they can wear a strapless'. This point has been discussed on the board many times, but I've yet to see major changes. As someone who wore 2 sports bras to every cheer practice since middle school, I am fed up.

I am all for more athletic uniforms, because a uniform created for athleticism is created for function. I do like Baylor's acrotumbling uniforms, but also, there are some collegiate uniforms that I adore that are more "traditional" ( meaning a skirt & half top). I'm also a big fan of capri pants for bottoms, especially on youth teams.

I've seen a bunch by underarmour
tumblr_msw7gacmek1qa27szo1_500.jpg

Cheerleading is a sport. I hate when uniforms get in the way of training. Athletes not being able to go full out in their unis until the day of comp for fear of damaging the garment, crystals falling 0ff, crystals digging into arms, or scratching teammates. We are athletes, we sweat. I love being able to throw a uniform in my washing machine. Or at the very least, i need to be able to hand wash them. I'm rolling my eyes at the dry clean only uniforms out there. Most importantly, i am SICK AND TIRED of these low cut, single strap, open backed, whatever tops. We need support. It's unacceptable for people to design uniforms thinking 'if they need a bra, they can wear a strapless'. This point has been discussed on the board many times, but I've yet to see major changes. As someone who wore 2 sports bras to every cheer practice since middle school, I am fed up.

Dear Maryland,
YES.
Thank you.

The only thing I don't like is the UA logo on top. I wish they put it somewhere else.

I agree with you on that. It may be because I am just not used to seeing a logo in such a major area, but to me it was a little distracting. I don't see why the can't go the way of all other brands and put it on the sleeve or someplace else on the body. Especially because they are being purchased and not sponsored.

I agree with you on that. It may be because I am just not used to seeing a logo in such a major area, but to me it was a little distracting. I don't see why the can't go the way of all other brands and put it on the sleeve or someplace else on the body. Especially because they are being purchased and not sponsored.
Maryland is probably NOT purchased. Under Armor is a company founded and run by a Maryland grad. Would not surprise me at all if these were provided. And Under Armor (Armour?) will always have their logo prominent!! I like the look, though! And I hate the High-Waisted style of most college unis, so yay for belly buttons! ;)

Back