All-Star New Uniforms 2014-2015 Season...just Because You Can, Doesn't Mean You Should!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Core athletics black diamonds
34lWrcy.jpg
Holy tiny skirt, on the right.

Or keep talking about it until gyms stop the nonsense. "People are gonna keep doing it so just accept it" is a terrible way to live life.
(I'm going to keep complaining)

But if people are figuring out ways to do it and still do it safely then it's not an issue.

But if people are figuring out ways to do it and still do it safely then it's not an issue.

But even the "safest" ones are still not safe. Especially for girls who are blessed in the chest. I doubt any large chested girl would feel comfortable in the Generals uniform with such little support. Sports bras themselves are not always that supportive, sometimes you need to double up or wear a regular bra with a sports bra or buy an expensive, extra supportive one. How do the "safe" uniforms your are taking about allow girls to do any of that? They don't. So yes, there is still an issue. And the main issue is it shouldn't even be an issue in the first place. The competition floor is a place for high level, physical activity. It is not a fashion runway. And the sooner the uniform companies and gun owners start treating it as such, there will always be an issue.

And not to be rude but I ,personally, don't think guys should be saying what's an issue or a non-issue when it comes to females and bras. It's like male law makers making laws about birth control for females.

*Edited like a bajillion times because my grammar and spelling are apparently non existent at 7 am... [emoji87]*

But even the "safest" ones are still not safe. Especially for girls who are blessed in the chest. I doubt any large chested girl would feel comfortable in the Generals uniform with such little support. Sports bras themselves are not always that supportive, sometimes you need to double up or wear a regular bra with a sports bra or buy an expensive, extra supportive one. How do the "safe" uniforms your are taking about allow girls to do any of that? They don't. So yes, there is still an issue. And the main issue is it shouldn't even be an issue in the first place. The competition floor is a place for high level, physical activity. It is not a fashion runway. And the sooner the uniform companies and gun owners start treating it as such, there will always be an issue.

And not to be rude but I ,personally, don't think guys should be saying what's an issue or a non-issue when it comes to females and bras. It's like male law makers making laws about birth control for females.

*Edited like a bajillion times because my grammar and spelling are apparently non existent at 7 am... [emoji87]*
Ok so, I was ALWAYS on the bra brigade... But this year we have a shoulder cutout and I can't wear a regular sports bra. I wear a strapless bra with the clear straps attached and a bandeau over that for a little support. I'm a ddd, I'm going to assume that's the far end of the spectrum for most cheerleaders, and it works out fine for me. I hate to admit it, but the clear straps (plus a bandeau) serve their purpose for me and I bet they would work for 99.9% of the rest of all star cheer with a chest.

Ok so, I was ALWAYS on the bra brigade... But this year we have a shoulder cutout and I can't wear a regular sports bra. I wear a strapless bra with the clear straps attached and a bandeau over that for a little support. I'm a ddd, I'm going to assume that's the far end of the spectrum for most cheerleaders, and it works out fine for me. I hate to admit it, but the clear straps (plus a bandeau) serve their purpose for me and I bet they would work for 99.9% of the rest of all star cheer with a chest.

But what happens when your uniform doesn't allow for the bandeau? That wouldn't work with quite a few uniforms. Like ones with crazy back cutouts. Or ones that are simply missing a back... And then what happens when you have a crazy routine with lots of skills? I realize that there are many uniforms that can accommodate larger chests without using tradition sports bras but IMO that shouldn't have to really be an issue.

I'm glad you found something supportive though! That's awesome!

But what happens when your uniform doesn't allow for the bandeau? That wouldn't work with quite a few uniforms. Like ones with crazy back cutouts. Or ones that are simply missing a back... And then what happens when you have a crazy routine with lots of skills? I realize that there are many uniforms that can accommodate larger chests without using tradition sports bras but IMO that shouldn't have to really be an issue.

I'm glad you found something supportive though! That's awesome!
this! I had to search high and low and order 3 different things to find a bra that would work with CP's hip hop costume for dance this year. It's hip hop, so no bra was not an option, but it have a large V of mesh from shoulders to waist in the back. A regular strapless wouldn't work, a clear back regular bra showed in the front because of the cut, so we finally found a clear back bandeau style with clear straps. Why, oh, why can't we just make these things to accommodate a regular bra?

Not to mention how expensive the search was. No returns!

I just realized that whole side of Prodigys pants....are mesh. Why would you change your perfectly good uniforms to this..
I don't mind these, take out the mesh and I would love them, but I still miss the one white uniform from like 2011-2013, that one was one of my all time favorites.

I wish there was a normal view of this because so far I'm not too big of a fan. Too many stones and too much black for me when I'm so used to them in white.
13204ce9f4de0a35910e4d37af995e5a.jpg
I thought the left picture was the arm and I was actually liking this (minus all the mesh) but if it's a leg.... NO

Back