All-Star New Uniforms 2014-2015 Season...just Because You Can, Doesn't Mean You Should!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Instagram

Not sure whether this has gone up yet....
nothing to do with the uniform itself but it actually drives me crazy when instagrams put watermarks of their name on a photo. made an edit or the picture is of you? cool. watermark it. got sent a photo and suddenly feel you have any ownership of it whatsoever? not cool.

im not sure why it bothers me so much but it really does.. /rant

I have this weird pet peeve about full tops. I don't like when the waistband is the same color as the uniform base because it begins to look more like a school uniform well at least in my eyes, nothing against school uniforms but I want an Allstar uniform to look like an allstar uniform, not something I could potentially see on the field in a few years. Having a colored waist band and colored band under the chest just gives it that little edge that doesn't make it looks so "hi I am a trendy school uniform" and in some cases , it makes "bigger" athletes look thinner since you are focusing on the pop or color rather than a stomach.

Now with the Leo and bodysuits trending, I hate normal full tops that don't tuck in. Mainly because when I see kids compete and their stomachs show under their full top that flipped up, I immediately focus on that rather than their motions and they always mess with it to bring it down.

But once again that's just my opinion.
In my opinion, the combination of a tucked-in top + a contrasting waistband often gives the illusion that the wearer has a bit of a gut. Especially if the skirt waistband is V-shaped, or is lower in front than in back.

There's a sports bra style that I've seen several ILSV sports bras in where it's almost shaped like a triangle in the back that I feel could work with this uniform. I'll see if I can find an example..

ETA: this is the one I was talking about, I just took it from the practicewear thread. You could definitely wear this style sports bra and have support.

13zbmee.jpg
CP's team had these last year, they were an older Youth 1 team so not a lot of need for "support" but the girls loved these and said they were comfy.

d61709876e68d5d128ec3b1c3b3ed948.jpg

This uniform..uh. Not a fan.

First the obvious Chanel logo knockoff but it just doesn't fit well and white mesh needs to be done correctly to look nice and this is not an example of that:/
I dont like the uniform but I do like the color schemes ! :)

Having a colored waist band and colored band under the chest just gives it that little edge that doesn't make it looks so "hi I am a trendy school uniform" and in some cases , it makes "bigger" athletes look thinner since you are focusing on the pop or color rather than a stomach.

To me a colored band under the chest means "oh, too bad that the designer has no idea how to design a beautiful full-top uniform, so he just designed another crop-top and then decided to turn it into a full-top".

nothing to do with the uniform itself but it actually drives me crazy when instagrams put watermarks of their name on a photo. made an edit or the picture is of you? cool. watermark it. got sent a photo and suddenly feel you have any ownership of it whatsoever? not cool.

im not sure why it bothers me so much but it really does.. /rant

Girl, same here. And you are not making money off these images so there is no need to watermark them. If your images are copyrighted then by all means, feel free to slap a watermark on there. But I'm 99% sure that most of those pics are not originally theirs so you can't copyright them and putting a watermark over it looks like you're uber full of yourself... :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back