All-Star New Uniforms 2015-2016 Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

After working competition this weekend I have come to some conclusions

1. I love the 360 Athletics uniform that was posted a while ago.
2. Every piece of apparel ICE has is perfect and I would like it all.
3. I think it is refreshing not to see every athlete in a crop top.

The ICE uniform is stunning

CA Pumas New uniform. Love the skort and as not bra friendly as the back is, I do love the strap design. But not being bra friendly kind of kills it for me me and I can't tell if I love or hate the front of the top.
31c1ad6ef21bee220e048e8ee4743cca.jpg
I would like the skirt so much more if the pumas wasn't written where it is. Draws a lot of attention to an area that we don't exactly want attention to. Hate the top.

Can't remember if these have been posted or not
CVaNv-jUsAE1k5R.jpg:large

The symmetry in these bothers me! Had the lines matched better, I really would have liked it!

CVQChKAVAAARhic.jpg:large

Double post (sorry) but this is exactly correct. In our race to be the next trendsetter we seem to have forgotten the the number one rule of uniform design is to compliment the action onstage.

I recently had a friend post a video of a dance/Acro/cheer combo routine and the dancers were wearing all black with strategically placed white striping. The effect was EVERYTHING. If they hadn't had those (very simple) costumes, the entire visual would've been lost and it would've just been a cool dance with some cool stunts. The costumes took it to the next level.

Rules for uniform design 101:
1. Arms should be covered. Naked arms will blend in and get lost in the visual effects. Motions will not look sharp and sloppy motions will look even worse.
2. The angles of the design should contribute to the angles of the routine. Cheer tends to be sharp and rigid so flowing lines don't really blend in and can mess up super sharp motions and transitional elements. Consider the types of movements you include in your routines before deciding.
3. Asymmetrical designs are cool but can make symmetrical formations and builds look slightly "off" even by a tiny degree.
It can make jumps look unintentionally lower on one side and motions uneven. Usually only a perfect team with perfect jump levels and motions can pull this off without major consequences. It's a bad idea for any team with average skill.

Just some things I always consider when designing. Besides fit, functionality and the advertisement effect of our uniforms, their first job is to be complimentary to our choreography and skills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PREACH FOR THE GODS.

But people won't consider that because they want to push the fashion envelope, and forget functionality. Who needs that?

Lets all just take a moment to be thankful for the fact that they didn't make these out of lime mystique like their last shorts.
And at least the fabric is solid... no shade to any other programs that have done mesh bottoms, but I don't feel that mesh has a place in uniform bottoms.

PREACH FOR THE GODS.

But people won't consider that because they want to push the fashion envelope, and forget functionality. Who needs that?
Hey, if I save even one kid from having to wear one of these horrific monstrosity uniforms then I've done my civic duty.

But most uniform designers aren't reading this thread. And they should.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Y'all are complaining about that back and I am just sitting here like, praise Jesus that at least the skort is the right length! lol.
The ICE uniform is stunning

CA Pumas New uniform. Love the skort and as not bra friendly as the back is, I do love the strap design. But not being bra friendly kind of kills it for me me and I can't tell if I love or hate the front of the top.
31c1ad6ef21bee220e048e8ee4743cca.jpg

Back