All-Star New Uniforms 2016-2017 Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This is a legitimate question....can a judge deduct points for inappropriate attire?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw comments on how perfect it was for Vegas... the showgirls in Vegas are usually more covered and definitely have more support. Are those ugly black shoes part of the uniform too?

Parents please stand up for your kids if your gym asks you to wear a similar pathetic excuse of a uniform for an athletic activity. I know the fear of Susie being relegated to nugget or the back left corner or level 4 is real.. but change needs to start somewhere and I'm guessing it will only happen if the people with their checkbooks out take a stand.

I'm sure those shoes are varsity so they maybe part of the uniform. The only team that has been able to pull off non white shoes in my opinion is TGLC.

I saw comments on how perfect it was for Vegas... the showgirls in Vegas are usually more covered and definitely have more support. Are those ugly black shoes part of the uniform too?

Parents please stand up for your kids if your gym asks you to wear a similar pathetic excuse of a uniform for an athletic activity. I know the fear of Susie being relegated to nugget or the back left corner or level 4 is real.. but change needs to start somewhere and I'm guessing it will only happen if the people with their checkbooks out take a stand.

Lol the shoes are best part in my opinion.

It's not always just the fear of Susie losing her spot - I know at this point in the season I have paid over $3k to the gym directly that I'm not getting back. It's hard to just walk away when you have that much $$ invested, so at the very least I would be insisting on a sports bra with clear straps. I feel like these uniforms aren't much different than the last ones but the white makes it look so much worse. Not saying it makes it ok, but you had to know it was a risk when you signed on with the program. I would feel worse for someone if a program went from a reasonable uniform to this.

I figured that, and wasn't expecting anyone to pull their kid at this point in the season, as angry as I'd be if I paid for a uniform 6 months ago and that is what arrived. It's also hard to force your kid to be the "black sheep" and wear an adequate bra if they need it because they don't want to draw attention to themselves, but if it's needed I would fight for it. Or fight for a team bra so they all look the same.

I would also start voicing opinions now for future uniforms. Let the gym know if they continue to follow trends further you will walk. Plead for a uniform design committee that involves a (sensible) parent or two. Something.

It shouldn't fall on the parents to change the direction we're headed, but USASF tried and their rules led us to backless, mesh, strappy tops because God forbid anyone conform and let USASF "win." :rolleyes: Who cares if fighting USASF harms the kids, right? When we're fighting harder to keep crop tops and 1/4 inch inseams than we are for safety regulations and background checks, you know there's a serious problem with the priorities of this "sport."

This is a legitimate question....can a judge deduct points for inappropriate attire?[/QUOTE

You would hope so but doubtful given that the uniforms were made by Varsity. For all the reasons stated in this thread it is difficult for parents to battle with the gym, but is incumbent upon the regulating body to insure that gyms are following the spirit, if not the letter of the rules.

Last edited:
i think the difference for me between the white aces uniform and their old one, is that the white one for one looks cheaply made, from the stoning around the neck, to the thin bans that connect the choker to the top.
like someone said before it really isnt much different from the black and blue one. The choker and the shape of the top are really the only two things that are different.
i think i would like it more if the white was maybe gradient with blue (a la cheetahs 2012 era)

Can someone somewhere actually say something???!!! Can it just stop???

How the heck are we supposed to be respected as a sport with that kind of """""""""uniform""""""""""?????

USASF, WAKE THE F UP.

OMG! This ^^^^ but remember WE ARE THE CONSUMER it won't stop unless enough people stop buying and USASF know that will never happen. IJS

P.S. maybe this is why we never see the uni until AFTER we've bought them.

aces new uniforms
Cv355D_UkAAbeW8.jpg

5wxa1.jpg

Last edited:
I've copied the USASF guidelines for uniforms below. If gyms insist on being this disrespectful of children, then the USASF and EP's need to be held accountable to make sure judges are giving the deductions as stated in the rules. These gyms aren't that stupid, they're that arrogant. If these gyms insist on giving the USASF the middle finger salute using children as pawns, then the USASF and EP's need to slap them with a safety deduction for every kid on the floor.

APPROPRIATE UNIFORM went into effect with the 2015--‐2016 season. GENERAL UNIFORM GUIDELINES No risqué, sexually provocative or lingerie looking or inspired uniform or garments allowed. All uniform pieces should adequately cover an athlete and must be secured to eliminate any possible wardrobe malfunction. Appropriate undergarments must be worn. In addition to the below specific guidelines, athletes must also consider that a combination of uniform pieces may also deem a uniform appropriate or inappropriate. ALL garments must properly cover the athlete and the athlete’s undergarments during the routine.

UNIFORM SKIRT/SHORTS GUIDELINES When a skirt is worn as part of the uniform, briefs under the skirt are required. The skirt must fully cover the hips. The skirt must completely cover the briefs and must fall at least 1 inch below briefs (regular and boy cut briefs). When shorts are worn as part of the uniform, there must be a minimum of a 2” inseam. UNIFORM TOP GUIDELINES Uniform tops may not include an exposed midriff (crop top) except when worn by athletes competing in Senior divisions. Uniform tops must be secured by straps or material over at least one shoulder or around the neck (tube tops are not allowed). Judges reserve the right to assess warnings and/or deductions when a team’s choreography, uniform, make up, bows etc. do not meet the standards of ‘appropriate’ as described in this policy.

Back