All-Star Non-worlds International Level 4

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

LOL. Yes Nate I'm definitely interested in starting one out of the Miami Location and with Naples having access to all the FGCU and Edison cheerleaders I'm thinking they could also field a team in the division.

When the usasf was proposing 4.2 as an 14 and over division, a bunch of the coaches and friends of the coaches in our gym were super excited because they can't be on our international coed 5 and we tried to have an all girl open 6 but didn't get a lot of interest. They were so dissapointed about 4.2 staying a senior division that they don't even want to try the open 6 again because they had been looking forward to 4.2 which is more their level of cheerleading. So either an international 4 or 4.2 would be great....the intermediate division at college nationals would be a good guideline- except maybe add prep doubles and take away kick double baskets. Other than that, I could definitely make a team from my gym that would be at this level.

There is no reason for an international 14+ Level 4. It needs to be the kids who can no longer compete in the club division.

Are you saying that it needs to be 18+ or that it doesn't need to be made?

I think he means it should be 17+ just like the level 6 divisions. There is room for a year of regular senior divisions but it would mostly be college and older athletes like in the level 6 divisions.

Are you saying that it needs to be 18+ or that it doesn't need to be made?
I think he means it should be 17+ just like the level 6 divisions. There is room for a year of regular senior divisions but it would mostly be college and older athletes like in the level 6 divisions.
Yeah, I agree I think he means 17 or 18+ because think about it... I bet you a bunch of senior 4 teams that have all high school aged athletes would be like: "Oh hey we want to go to Worlds! International 4 here we come!"

ETA - Oh wait... it's not a Worlds division... hahahah my b.

kingston said:
Yes to 17+. NO TO WORLDS!

This is about providing a safe outlet for athletes who have aged out of club to compete instead of going to I6.​

I agree with this. Plus, it will help keep the cost down too, especially since a lot of the athletes will probably be college students trying to save!

Have you heard about any gyms committing to this idea? Please keep us updated on any progress!! :)

I am sure there will be a lot of excitement at the moment, but the main push should come AFTER Worlds. I think you need to use most of what is already in place and just make the one change an age change. While I would prefer 20 instead of 24, it makes the most sense to keep it 24. A team of 20 can compete solidly in a division for 24.

For all gyms that are interested in doing this I suggest keeping the planning and organization of this public. Put all the responses from the Event Producers on here. Transparency is the best way to start things happening.

I love the idea of an open 4 division, 18+. Not only for those not ready for 6, but also for those not willing to do crazy 6 stunts and tumbling anymore. I'm 27. I can still throw a standing tuck. I love to perform. BUT my body DOES NOT want to base flipping baskets, twisting tumbling skills, or deal with getting kicked in the head a billion times perfecting 2.5 high pyramids and high-to-high tocs. I could, I just don't want to subject myself to that. No thanks. I would love to continue to cheer though, and this would give me the perfect opportunity. So bring on open 4.

I've liked this idea for a while now. Seeing a few Open 6 team this weekend only increased my support in favor of the division. They were throwing mostly level 4 skills anyways with an occasional running full or double down out of stunts. Baskets, pyramids, and the routine-stopping injury (resulting from baskets) made me (for lack of a better word?) cringe :\

And I'd be able to cheer again, haha :)

i told my coach about this and she would love to have an international 4 alot of our aged out members have level 3 and 4 skills so this would be perfect

Back