All-Star Olympic Trials - Gymnastics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm making sure to DVR it now! When does the legit Olympics start for gymnastics?
Medal days:
Women's Team = July 31st
Women's All Around = August 2nd
Women's Vault = August 5th
Women's Bars = August 6th
Women's Beam & Floor = August 7th

Men's events are all mixed in between those days or also on event final days with the women's events for the last 3 days.

Medal days:
Women's Team = July 31st
Women's All Around = August 2nd
Women's Vault = August 5th
Women's Bars = August 6th
Women's Beam & Floor = August 7th

Men's events are all mixed in between those days or also on event final days with the women's events for the last 3 days.
thank you so much!!

Here's my impressions:
Nastia: Seriously could have done it. I wish she did too. That beam was basically on point, she looked AMAZING on bars until the end. Damn shame we won't see her again.
Alicia: Definitely showing everyone how to do beam, vault was gorgeous, but again, she won't make the team and that sucks.
Rebecca Bross: Bugs me seeing how easily her dismount could be fixed... She's throwing her feet out, rather then her heels back a bit more. If her heels were back a tiny bit more, she'd land. She'd be squatted, but she'd land. Good on bars though.
Aly Raisman: I'd pay to keep her off the team. The least aesthetically pleasing athlete I have ever seen compete in this sport, and I don't really care how high her floor and beam scores are, her bars were only .15 higher than Nastia who had multiple missed handstands, one resulting in .5 off and a fall on a watered down dismount.
Kyla Ross: I can't like her. A lot of talent, rather shaky (as usual), but she stayed on, and I'd bet she'll make the team. I just.. There's something about her I really cannot like.
Mckayla Maroney: I think she just about lost her spot because of beam and bars. I know she wouldn't necessarily be used for those events, but when it comes down to it, this team might have to decide between her and Gabby for beam, and I don't think Marta can count on her. Was rather surprised by her floor score though. Great for her.
Elizabeth Price: Definitely think she's taking Maroney's spot if she continues to do as well as she did tonight. I thought Maroney had a guaranteed spot, even with the accident at VISAs, until I saw how well Price did tonight.
Gabby Douglas: Obviously a lock on the team, not really worth going into detail about.
Jordyn Wieber: Again, lock on the team, no point talking about her. HER BROTHER THOUGH OMG.

I think Marta hinted HUGE at the start of the program. She wants Nastia on that team. She mentioned Aly, Jordyn, Gabby, and Nastia, and then said "the 5th spot is the hardest spot", and I know she didn't do that accidentally. I think Sunday is going to be THE decider about her, I truly do. It should be interesting.

ETA: What was Anna Li's bars score? Figured we'd have a repeat of VISAs where she puts up the highest bars score/second highest score recorded/highest bars score recorded in the world in a LONG time and we didn't see her.

Kyla got a 14.5 for that vault?!?!

Aly and Jordyn are clearly the announcer favorites- another routine where someone would have been like 'OMG lyfe or death step out of DOOM!'

Forgetting that vault starts at a 6.5? :p
Though I think it seemed more in the 14.0-14.1 range.

I would have thought that it would have counted for less considering she kinda fell over. Apparently I was wrong :D

I think since she still landed forward, it was considered an Amanar. Shawn Johnson used to have problems with that, I remember them talking about how close she always was to being downgraded to a DTY.

My random, un-gymnastics trained thoughts on the night

I LOVED Finnegan. She's so different and I think it's awesome. She's not ready yet but she's going to absolutely kill it in 2016 if she keeps it up.

Gabby was great. I'm definitely pulling for her. Her floor got me so pumped. She just looked like she was having so much fun.

Wieber just radiates confidence. She looks so smooth in everything she does. She's a lock for the team and she will do well.

Here's my impressions:
Nastia: Seriously could have done it. I wish she did too. That beam was basically on point, she looked AMAZING on bars until the end. Damn shame we won't see her again.
Alicia: Definitely showing everyone how to do beam, vault was gorgeous, but again, she won't make the team and that sucks.
Rebecca Bross: Bugs me seeing how easily her dismount could be fixed... She's throwing her feet out, rather then her heels back a bit more. If her heels were back a tiny bit more, she'd land. She'd be squatted, but she'd land. Good on bars though.
Aly Raisman: I'd pay to keep her off the team. The least aesthetically pleasing athlete I have ever seen compete in this sport, and I don't really care how high her floor and beam scores are, her bars were only .15 higher than Nastia who had multiple missed handstands, one resulting in .5 off and a fall on a watered down dismount.
Kyla Ross: I can't like her. A lot of talent, rather shaky (as usual), but she stayed on, and I'd bet she'll make the team. I just.. There's something about her I really cannot like.
Mckayla Maroney: I think she just about lost her spot because of beam and bars. I know she wouldn't necessarily be used for those events, but when it comes down to it, this team might have to decide between her and Gabby for beam, and I don't think Marta can count on her. Was rather surprised by her floor score though. Great for her.
Elizabeth Price: Definitely think she's taking Maroney's spot if she continues to do as well as she did tonight. I thought Maroney had a guaranteed spot, even with the accident at VISAs, until I saw how well Price did tonight.
Gabby Douglas: Obviously a lock on the team, not really worth going into detail about.
Jordyn Wieber: Again, lock on the team, no point talking about her. HER BROTHER THOUGH OMG.

I think Marta hinted HUGE at the start of the program. She wants Nastia on that team. She mentioned Aly, Jordyn, Gabby, and Nastia, and then said "the 5th spot is the hardest spot", and I know she didn't do that accidentally. I think Sunday is going to be THE decider about her, I truly do. It should be interesting.

ETA: What was Anna Li's bars score? Figured we'd have a repeat of VISAs where she puts up the highest bars score/second highest score recorded/highest bars score recorded in the world in a LONG time and we didn't see her.

Aly Raisman is amazing.. dont be jealous ;)

Back