All-Star Olympic Trials - Gymnastics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The thing is, we don't TECHNICALLY need Maroney on vault. We want her, sure. She's rock solid and without question the best in the world..HOWEVER, she contributes next to nothing on the other few events unless she hits, and even then we've got enough people holding it together without her. I love her, she's awesome, but if she can't solidify her stuff, she's no good to us.

Aly needs to fix her everything. I WANT to like her..she's an absolute sweetheart and she's got the SKILL..but she got hit pretty hard with deductions this round and I think she's realizing that her execution will not get her the scores she wants in London. Actually, what bugs me more is that some people are going to make this team with double backs. That makes me sad.

I really hope if a veteran is chosen for the team, it's Alicia. She has really proven herself at Visas and the trial's prelims. She's been solid (Did you see her beam routine tonight? The girl's unflappable). I just hate that Alicia is considered a flighty gymnast because of one fall, at one competition, four years ago. All in all, Alicia has been a consistent competitor throughout her gymnastics career.

Nastia, on the other hand, has yet to show she's ready. She is no where close to where she needs to be for London and for Marta to blindly believe she'll "get there" in time would be foolish.

Unfortunately, team USA doesn't need another vaulter or beam worker. The U.S. is notoriously weak on bars on the international scene--this opens the door for Nastia. If Marta decides to give Nastia the benefit of the doubt, I sure hope she does something about that endurance...
I agree completely... that bar routine is jam packed with so much difficulty that if Nastia had worked on her bar routine just a little more it would be exactly what The U.S. needs for gold.
If Nastia doesn't make it I sure hope Alicia does because I feel like the Olympic team needs a vet who has experienced what the Olympics is like.
Lastly, did you all see Elizabeth's Price and Gaby Douglas's floor routine IMO FLAWLESS!!

I'd love to say I think Sam may make the team even with it, but considering what happened to David Sender in 2008, I don't think there's a good chance. Who knows though.

Back