All-Star Olympic Trials - Gymnastics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I hope Nastia pulls it together. It would be great for the team to have a veteran to help guide all these first time Olympians.

Marta honestly might give her the benefit of the doubt even with a decent performance Sunday and great practices afterwards. I think she believes in her.

I hope Nastia pulls it together. It would be great for the team to have a veteran to help guide all these first time Olympians.

Marta honestly might give her the benefit of the doubt even with a decent performance Sunday and great practices afterwards. I think she believes in her.
I really hope if a veteran is chosen for the team, it's Alicia. She has really proven herself at Visas and the trial's prelims. She's been solid (Did you see her beam routine tonight? The girl's unflappable). I just hate that Alicia is considered a flighty gymnast because of one fall, at one competition, four years ago. All in all, Alicia has been a consistent competitor throughout her gymnastics career.

Nastia, on the other hand, has yet to show she's ready. She is no where close to where she needs to be for London and for Marta to blindly believe she'll "get there" in time would be foolish.

Unfortunately, team USA doesn't need another vaulter or beam worker. The U.S. is notoriously weak on bars on the international scene--this opens the door for Nastia. If Marta decides to give Nastia the benefit of the doubt, I sure hope she does something about that endurance...

I love Gabby Douglas, however, I CAN NOT stand that girl's fx music!!!!! The cherography and the music just do not go! It is going to kill me to sit there and watch it live on sunday!

My random, un-gymnastics trained thoughts on the night

I LOVED Finnegan. She's so different and I think it's awesome. She's not ready yet but she's going to absolutely kill it in 2016 if she keeps it up.

Gabby was great. I'm definitely pulling for her. Her floor got me so pumped. She just looked like she was having so much fun.

Wieber just radiates confidence. She looks so smooth in everything she does. She's a lock for the team and she will do well.

Super impressed by her. Just wish she had a bit more time to perfect everything so she could be ready this year.

Aly Raisman is amazing.. dont be jealous ;)

Ignoring your obvious desperate attempt for shimmies....
I'm not jealous of Aly Raisman. Sure it'd be nice to throw the tumbling she does, but I'd rather have my tumbling than hers, any day. She represents everything that sport is NOT supposed to be, and she gets away with it because of today's stupid CoP.

Here's my biggest issue with this whole Olympics Trials process right now.
Anna Li tied for the best bars score, at VISAs she had a 15.9 which, to my knowledge, is higher than the 2 best in the world right now (He Kexin and Beth Tweddle) have done in a LONG time, and she wasn't even MENTIONED last night.

I really hope if a veteran is chosen for the team, it's Alicia. She has really proven herself at Visas and the trial's prelims. She's been solid (Did you see her beam routine tonight? The girl's unflappable). I just hate that Alicia is considered a flighty gymnast because of one fall, at one competition, four years ago. All in all, Alicia has been a consistent competitor throughout her gymnastics career.

Nastia, on the other hand, has yet to show she's ready. She is no where close to where she needs to be for London and for Marta to blindly believe she'll "get there" in time would be foolish.

Unfortunately, team USA doesn't need another vaulter or beam worker. The U.S. is notoriously weak on bars on the international scene--this opens the door for Nastia. If Marta decides to give Nastia the benefit of the doubt, I sure hope she does something about that endurance...

(apologizing for triple posting right now)
I don't see how Nastia hasn't shown she's ready. Nearly every deduction she had came from the last handstand and landing, a landing she didn't even consider attempting 3 weeks ago, and in practice she's been doing it flawlessly. Marta, Nastia, and Valeri know another 3 weeks and that girl would be ready. That was my major point back in VISAs. It's not like there was ONLY 3 weeks, there's another 3 weeks before the games to prepare, and they can easily get Nastia ready.

Maroney is my favorite. She will make the team I am almost positive. She fell on bars but she wouldn't be used for that event. She has the HIGHEST score of the night from every event on vault. Marta would be silly not to take her. Vault and Floor are huge for her.

Weiber
Douglas
Raisman
Maroney
Price or Ross for the 5th spot.

JMO

She's already proven to Marta her strength after coming back from a fractured nose and concussion. She took 1 week off and for everyone who knows gymnastics you can't take 2 days off during Olympic trials and expect to hit clean routines. She overcame all that in 2 weeks had only 1 week of training and still ended up wih the highest score of the night. I think if she has another consistent night on Sunday on FLOOR and VAULT she has a spot.

Maroney is my favorite. She will make the team I am almost positive. She fell on bars but she wouldn't be used for that event. She has the HIGHEST score of the night from every event on vault. Marta would be silly not to take her. Vault and Floor are huge for her.

Weiber
Douglas
Raisman
Maroney
Price or Ross for the 5th spot.

JMO

I agree. I think Martha would be hard pressed to leave that good of a vaulter at home. That's like throwing away a potential event gold. I hope she makes it. I like your predictions.

Nothing bugs me more than the fact that a person is going to make this team for one event. Maroney may be decent on floor, but Aly, Jordyn, and Gabby will be used for floor, Maroney's only needed for qualifications. If the US is going to take someone for one event, it should be Anna Li.

Back