All-Star Olympic Trials - Gymnastics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Olympic Team 2012 - in my opinion
Jordyn: Almost positive she'll win all around and get the guaranteed spot
Gabby: I'm super impressed by her! She has grown so much over this past year and is now very powerful and I think she will make the team and may give Jordyn a run for her money in the all around.
Kyla: I love everything about her! She has the perfect body which is great for bars because she has great lines. Even though she is a first year senior, she doesn't seem intimidated by the pressure at all. She is also one of the only gymnast at these trials that i have seen stick landing after landing. I think she would make a great addition to the team.
Aly: Unfortunately, Aly is not a gymnast that really stands out for me. However, I think she has proven herself time and time again and she can deliver routines even though her technique is not always perfect.
Mckayla: I think she is great and her vault is outstanding! I think she is very good all around but I think her vault will earn her a ticket to London.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nastia: I really wanted her to make this team but after yesterday I doubt she will. She has one last chance but even if she does awesome tonight I don't know if Marta will risk putting someone on the team that has only delivered one good routine since Visas.
Elizabeth: I wish they would show her more, they act like she's not a contender at all! I think that she is awesome and great all around, but she is young so maybe they are saving her for 2016.
Sarah: I was very impressed with her. She is young and inexperienced, but I think by the time 2016 comes around she will be a force to reckon with. Super excited to see her in the future.
Alicia: I love Alicia! She is very powerful and so determined. I hope she can make it as an alternate.
Rebecca: Her bars were good yesterday besides missing a few handstands. However, her beam was not good. I felt terrible for her, she looked so devastated when she fell off. I'm not sure why she did that dismount as it is very difficult for her and she already fell off and was very rushed. I think if she wouldn't have had the knee injury, she would be on this team.

mens team announced-(from the usa gymnastics twitter) Here they are! Jonathan Horton, Sam Mikulak and Jake Dalton join Danell Leyva and John Orozco! Alternates: Brooks, Legendre, and Naddour.

I wasn't at home to watch the trials so I'm watching it on youtube now.

Loved Sarah Finnegan's beam routine!

Nastia's beam did not impress me.

I wish McKayla didn't fall off beam, I like her. Her vault...wow.

Jordyn's dismount on bars awesome!! And her beam was beautiful.

Anna Li- I've never heard of her before and that fall on beam looked painful :( But nice recovery, loved the dismount. Also, loved that dismount on bars!

Alicia is one of my favorites, and I really hope she makes it.

Watching gymnastics the last couple days makes me wonder what it would have been like if i stayed in gymnastics and home schooled like they wanted me to... but i'm happy with cheer!

I'm still holding out hope for Nastia. Like I said, it's obvious Martha wants her on the team, and I think if she can pull enough out today she'll be taken. We all know there's 3 weeks left, and the improvement Nastia's made in 3 weeks is unreal enough, the next 3 weeks would put her right where America needs her.

Okay small little thing here. I think Maroney was overscored in vault simply because it's her. Both of her vaults. She had a .1 hop and a .1 step on the first one, she was off to the side, and one of her feet touched the out of bounds line, her feet were apart when she hit the board and when she landed. To me that doesn't mean only .4 in deductions, but whatever, I'm not a judge.

I'm still holding out hope for Nastia. Like I said, it's obvious Martha wants her on the team, and I think if she can pull enough out today she'll be taken. We all know there's 3 weeks left, and the improvement Nastia's made in 3 weeks is unreal enough, the next 3 weeks would put her right where America needs her.
I want Nastia to pull it off so badly....so much potential, and you can tell all of the skills are there, it's just stamina that's holding her back. If she does a clean routine tonight, I think she's got a really great chance. Question: Could Marta possibly put Nastia on the team and then, if she's still not ready in 3 weeks, say she's "injured" and put in an all around alternate?.......it's an interesting concept.

I think the team should be Jordyn, Aly, Kyla, McKayla and Gabby. For alternates I would have Elizabeth Price, Sarah Finnegan and mabye Sabrina Vega or Breanna Dowell. Some I am not sure how they would be on such a high level like Gabby Sarah, Breanna and Elizabeth.

Back