All-Star Omg Have You Heard Trinity Dolce & Gabana Music ??

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Our gym does it. We bus to the long-distance competitions, and it's better than flying or doing the huge drive thing. I don't think it's a sign of being "rich".

Now I don't know what the bus looks like on the inside. If it's tricked out like a rock star tour bus and not like a motor coach, then....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Is it even legal for them to use the name dolce and gabana?! Isn't the d&g name protected by copywright or something?

I wondered this about all their teams. Not as much the names as the logos - they use the actual logos for all these labels in all their advertising. I'm pretty sure you can't use another company's logo for marketing purposes. Then again, apparently the Davenports have some money (as they've mentioned a couple times...:rolleyes: ) - maybe they "know people"

Our gym does it. We bus to the long-distance competitions, and it's better than flying or doing the huge drive thing. I don't think it's a sign of being "rich".

Now I don't know what the bus looks like on the inside. If it's tricked out like a rock star tour bus and not like a motor coach, then....

I think some people are more shocked (not really the right word) about the fact that they bought their own bus and personalized it. I know it's pretty common for teams to rent a bus for competitions, but to actually buy your own bus is a little more expensive. Although I do think it is a good idea.

I wondered this about all their teams. Not as much the names as the logos - they use the actual logos for all these labels in all their advertising. I'm pretty sure you can't use another company's logo for marketing purposes. Then again, apparently the Davenports have some money (as they've mentioned a couple times...:rolleyes: ) - maybe they "know people"

My guess is that even if it was an issue, D & G has more important things for their lawyers to do than to harass an all-star cheer team about trademark infringement. :)

My guess is that even if it was an issue, D & G has more important things for their lawyers to do than to harass an all-star cheer team about trademark infringement. :)

Lol I tried to edit to add that but I was too late. I'm sure they all are too busy to care. I'm just a rule follower, so I don't like people who think (albeit usually correctly) that rules don't apply to them. Pet peeve.:oops:

Is it even legal for them to use the name dolce and gabana?! Isn't the d&g name protected by copywright or something?
I have wondered this for quite some time. Happy it was finally brought up. Big companies go after smaller ones all the time for copyright infringements. They have parts of their legal departments dedicated solely to this. I will bet that by next season the "labels" concept will have changed.

The Davenports also do legal media work for a living.. So they probably know the rules. Atleast I would assume so.

I have wondered this for quite some time. Happy it was finally brought up. Big companies go after smaller ones all the time for copyright infringements. They have parts of their legal departments dedicated solely to this. I will bet that by next season the "labels" concept will have changed.
I agree...wasn't their a team years ago that used the Chanel double C logo on their uniform? Hmm....who was that? I feel like they ended up changing their uniform after one year and I always wondered if they were called out on it.

I have a question that we were discussing last night... We know the offers were sent out, so where did these kids come from? I'm assuming some of them are high school kids from John's Creek, but they have 4 amazing boys and a lot of talented kids that they didn't create, so where did they get them? How many of them moved to get these deals and how many of them from other teams? Obviously there are a couple obvious ones from Rays and GA, but I won't lie and say they don't have a talented team and I wondered where these kids were. They aren't recognizable like Angel.

Also, I'll say it. Those stunts needed Gabi. She would have been the star and taken away from the average stunts and made it wow.

The Davenports also do legal media work for a living.. So they probably know the rules. Atleast I would assume so.

Oh I wasn't doubting that they "know" the rules. Just that they have any inclination to follow rules. Then again, considering they toss out the threat of lawsuits every time someone mentions their name (even though there are no laws being violated), maybe they don't know all the rules...

If nothing else it's pretty hypocritical to freak out and tell someone to buy a suit for court because they posted something with your name on twitter, while your Facebook and Twitter is covered in other business names. But as was pointed out, I'm sure D&G are too busy to care if some little all-star cheer gym in Georgia is using their logo.

I still didn't hate the routine though - confused by no running tumbling section, but they looked like the majority of senior 5 teams I see. Average - but I could see them getting it together. Nice bus though...

The issue here would actually be more along the lines of "fair use" than anything else. I can use a trademark as long as the use of that trademark doesn't imply some endorsement of the product. That's why you see trademarked logos in parodies sometimes. In this case, does naming your team Dolce & Gabbana imply some kind of endorsement? Perhaps, perhaps not. Again, if I'm an Italian fashion house, shooting off letters to All-star cheer teams to cease and desist using a logo is probably very low on my list of priorities.

I imagine there are some pretty disappointed adults out there (after all their dramatic hype) and those poor kids are going to get the short end of that stick.

Too much negativity, too much smack talk, and not enough focus on training kids. Never a good idea. You couldn't pay me enough to send my kid there.

Not cool.
You said what I couldn't get across :shimmy:

Back