All-Star Only Seniors Can Expose Midriff???

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Do I think the majority of crop tops were bad? No. Do I think the majority of people designing unis need to take an art class/fashion class before putting their kids in some of the disasters we've seen this season? Heck yes. And this is from a girl who LOVED Cheer Savannah's bow uni this year lol.

I agree that to SOME extent, we need some type of image guidelines. We always post in the competition thread about how xyz cheerleaders from abc gym look sloppy, messy, ugly uniforms (ok so we don't say that, but we think it!), too much skin showing, bad shoulder cutouts, running around in sports bras, etc. I don't think SOME type of general uniformity would be a bad thing. IN FACT, I think I remember posting a suggestion a while back about having 1-2 different uni 'bases', with set lengths, and they could be customized accordingly based on gyms preference. Honestly, if your gyms uni looked like some of my beachwear, consider how much of the envelope was worth pushing to the point that you're now stuck with a completely conservative uni. That being said, I loved some smokey eye and a bit of lipstick. I never thought makeup/hair was ever a problem. Some unis could have done with a bit of tweaking, and I'm not opposed to tinys/minis being in a full top. I didn't object to most crop tops, but I don't really care either way.

ROFLMAO really though. If you've got the abs, I'm sure GK can make the full topped uni that will show them off.
Alexandra Raisman (middle)
image.jpg

"I'm so ripped my abs smack you in the face through my full top" wouldn't be a bad bragging point to strive for :)

Now I would be much more disturbed at my cp wearing THIS than any crop top she has ever had. A little tummy exposure bothers me a lot less than a high cut hip.

You may not have been uncomfortable having your mini's belly exposed, but think about it... bunch of young underage girls in half tops... think about how many perverts go to these competitions just to enjoy the view... the type of guys who think the younger the better. We have been to some competitions competing against other mini teams and the shirts are as small as a jog bra and the make up like that of a Vegas show girl... and I look at this and having family in police dept of bust these creeps - I can tell you there is no doubt that there are some very nasty people who come to the events like this for one purpose and it is not to cheer on a child they know. They get their jollies off our ignorance and allowance of our youngest girls to look like mini adults --- basically we set up their fantasy for them.... my kids are at a full coverage gym and will never cheer anywhere that does the "half shirts" or vegas style looks and I hope the new make up and uniform rules stick for the sake of all the young kids in cheer.
Pedos do it at stores like WalMart w/your girl in a skirt and your back is turned. I remember seeing that on TV (dateline maybe, some years ago..before "to catch a predator"). It's not about how they're dressed as much as it is their age..you're damned if you damned if you don't sort of thing..the psychology behind people who do those things is so crazy.

The uniform rules didn't really surprise me, I've been hearing about this rule coming for years. I don't really have a preference, you can make a cute long top, and crop tops are fine when made correctly. For the why can 10 year olds on a senior wear them but not a 14 year old on a junior, it's the only way to put a bottom age on who can wear them. To make it where mini and tiny aged kids don't wear them they have to put a bottom age on which ever age groups they allow to wear them. I prefer it this way then putting a bottom age on all of the divisions and having no overlap, because that's the only way they could enforce the uniforms without having someone on a senior team wearing the crop top be younger then someone on a juniors, and that would just kill the small gym.

At my daughter's last competition, I was walking behind a four or five year old beautiful little one. Her top was about 3 inches and her bottoms were about the same. She was just walking and her little butt crack was showing. After about a minute her mom took a look and pulled up her bottoms so she was no longer exposed, just to give her a wedgie. Lesser of two evils? I felt bad.

i think that it should be just junior and senior teams that get to wear half-tops
and not tiny, mini, and youth.
that seems fair, right??

If you can't wear a sports bra with it...you shouldn't be wearing it on stage. These are UNIFORMS. Uniforms that your family, friends, and complete strangers see you in on stage. I'm all for creating restrictions, and full tops don't bother me at all. 1/2 of the uniforms in the New Unis thread made me feel uncomfortable (monokini anyone? :confused:) and I'm not even wearing them. This is a sport, and looking athletic won't kill you. This rule is the least of the problems, and I don't mind it.

i think that it should be just junior and senior teams that get to wear half-tops
and not tiny, mini, and youth.
that seems fair, right??

With the way that the age grid is designed you can be on a youth 5, junior 5, and senior 5 all at the same time, so that youth athlete could have a half top all way someone her age that is just on youth wouldn't.

I think in order to make this work they need to remove the overlap they have in the age grid so that an athlete on a senior team the same age as one on a youth or junior team won't have a half top while the others don't.

With the way that the age grid is designed you can be on a youth 5, junior 5, and senior 5 all at the same time, so that youth athlete could have a half top all way someone her age that is just on youth wouldn't.

I think in order to make this work they need to remove the overlap they have in the age grid so that an athlete on a senior team the same age as one on a youth or junior team won't have a half top while the others don't.
oh that makes sense because yes someone who is 12 years old could now be on a youth team, a junior team, and/or a senior team. i agree. :)

Oh, I do not like that at all. I agree that the mini's should be more covered, but seriously? What about J5? And its extremely frustrating to tumble with a full top. I understand that the little girls shouldn't be walking around so exposed, but there are older people on junior teams too.

If we ever want to to be considered an Olympic Sport, we need image guidelines. I was told a story about how a well known level 5 team was supposed to go to the United Nations and they told this team no we do not want them here due to the fact of their uniforms being distasteful!

Oh, I do not like that at all. I agree that the mini's should be more covered, but seriously? What about J5? And its extremely frustrating to tumble with a full top. I understand that the little girls shouldn't be walking around so exposed, but there are older people on junior teams too.

I fail to see how tumbling with a full top on is any different then a crop top. It isn't like you are going to be tumbling in a prom dress or big baggy tshirt, it is form fitting with your stomach covered. If you can't tumble with your stomach covered then blame it on yourself psyching yourself out not the material covering a few more inches of your body.

Back