All-Star Perfect Competition Curls (i.e. Cali Sm Sr, F5, Shooting Stars)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

There's a pic somewhere of a blonde Twister with the most perfectly pageant, 80s, Dallas curls I've ever seen in my life...If someone remembers where it is...
And I want her mom/stylist's step-by-step, detailed instructions for that utter perfection.
Best poofs thread, in the Cells uniform? I agree. Her hair was never not fierce.

The best thing I've ever found is a high heat curling wand. It has no clamp and heats up to like 400 degrees. The person curling your hair has to wear a glove to protect their hand. But those curls LAST. I'm talking all day, in the humidity, wake up the next day and they're still there kind of curl.

logan yartz?
I believe she is talking about Cassidy Spooner, aka, best hair ever.
25hh1td.jpg

I asked a girl on my team how Cassidy had done that to her hair, and the girl told me that after she curled her hair and sprayed it, she picked each curl apart. I'm not sure if that's really how she did it, but that seems logical to me.

Edit: I've heard she's on F5 this year so I'm excited to see if everyone has hair like hers for the new season!

I think this is a cool iron and makes nice curls

i bought this, didn't realize it wasn't a regular curling iron and was going to take it back but tried it out and i LOVE it! i have used this and the curlformers on my cp's hair and this is better for having perfect spirals.

i bought this, didn't realize it wasn't a regular curling iron and was going to take it back but tried it out and i LOVE it! i have used this and the curlformers on my cp's hair and this is better for having perfect spirals.

i use curlformers & i'm debating if i want to try this! what kind of hair does your cp have/how long does it take for you to curl her hair?

the one suggestion i could give to some of you guys (if you dont do it already) is put a little hairspary on each strand of hair that you curl BEFORE you curl it so it gives it that extra hold.. since the CP's run around and do alot of stunts, tumble, jump etc it will start to fall out! specially for the girls who's hair doesnt hold up curls. and be generous wil the hair spray BUT NOT TO MUCH then you will get the hard stiff look and somethings thats not cute!

I do the old sponge rollers with the bandanna wrapped around them...always get perfect cheer curls, unles I go overboard with the gel...then not so nice. This season I will be trying the "Butler Method" since I'm thinking we are changing the hair up this season. I am hoping for 1/2 up 1/2 down curled or straight pony. The straight ponies would be cute for our team because our two pyramid tumblers have waist length hair, almost the same color, and they are almost the same size...it would be like little Rapunzel twins :)

i use curlformers & i'm debating if i want to try this! what kind of hair does your cp have/how long does it take for you to curl her hair?
her hair is long, and she has fine hair but it's kind of thick. i think it takes me about 30 minutes to curl it. this is her first season so i have been practicing between the two because i am not good with hair. i'm not sure how they will want our hair this year, last year the girls wore half up half down and soft curls which the curlformers will be fine for that.

the one that i bought i got from target and i want to say that it was like $13-$16 so it's not expensive.

I have used this iron in the past and the curls come out amazing! I also got the iron for about $10 so it's definitely worth it. The drawbacks would be how time consuming it was. My hair is extremely thin, but I have A LOT of hair. It's also really long, so I couldn't get all of my hair around the iron in certain sections. All in all it took me about an hour and half. You could probably cut this down if you did thicker sections of hair - I did a lot of thin ones. And of course if you had shorter hair, it'd probably be much quicker ;) (mine goes to about my belly button) I still absolutely love how it came out... but on early competition days it was just too much.

Horizontally, and then the twisting at the end when taking the rollers out is what gives it the spiral appearance.

Okay, so I did our team hair tutorial this past weekend, and remembered to snap a few pictures showing how I roll my CP's hair and the finished product.

With a half up/half down hairstyle, I use hot rollers just on the part of her hair that's not pulled up.

Then, I curl the ponytail part with a curling iron.

The Finished Product!

Back