All-Star Practice Wear: Is It Necessary?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Saw this first hand in our second gym. The highest senior team got their team name on their uniform sleeve for the first time ever. After that it was like the beast was unleashed. The parents went crazy with clothing items with their cps' team name on it. It definitely made for a huge divison in the gym. Unfortunately it was encouraged by the head coach for that team who was also an owner, so complaints would have fallen on deaf ears.
That's why I believe that all teams should have the same uniforms, warm-ups and practice wear.

That's why I believe that all teams should have the same uniforms, warm-ups and practice wear.

My program I went to to finish the season with this year the whole program had the same t-shirts and even though it wastn compulsory to wear the t-shirts at practice most wore a program t-shirt. It was great because everyone felt as a program.

We had 4 teams 1 youth 1 junior and 2 senior and each team had their own comp bow, As the youth team were a new team they had a new uniform that the juniors will be wearing next season and the juniors had their older kit which both were full tops and the seniors had a crop kit which was different to the juniors.

We were all a team and supported each other it did help though that everyone had had the same t-shirts and any other apperal was exactly the same no matter what team you were on

ETA: if you joined a team late which a lot did you didnt get a t-shirt as it was included with tuition so you could buy one or wear the same colour which worked aswell

Last edited:
Our coaches aren't super strict on it but they really would rather have us wear the practice wear. And they always wear it when it's mandatory.
So it's not like they're required to wear it. If the coaches actually want you to wear it they obviously can, since you said they wear it when it's mandatory. Why not just make it mandatory all the time if they'd "rather" you wear it? We get extra conditioning for the whole team if someone doesn't wear it. I haven't seen a single person wearing whatever they want since we got our practice wear.

One thing that bother me about Practice Wear and when talking to the 1 Mom who has a son on the team, they never factor in the boys with the mandatory Practice Wear... The Mom with the son on the team always complains about she haven't to buy special T-shirts and shorts and scrapped together matching outfits for her son... Matter of fact, I look at the boys on the other teams, their clothes always look rushed and scrapped together not much planning goes into what the boys wear...What happen to team unity!:(

One thing that bother me about Practice Wear and when talking to the 1 Mom who has a son on the team, they never factor in the boys with the mandatory Practice Wear... The Mom with the son on the team always complains about she haven't to buy special T-shirts and shorts and scrapped together matching outfits for her son... Matter of fact, I look at the boys on the other teams, their clothes always look rushed and scrapped together not much planning goes into what the boys wear...What happen to team unity!:(
THIS. Our boys are stuck wearing black shorts and a blue tshirt while we have our matching practice wear plus their blue shirts don't match our blue shirts

In the case of a big gym that may have 8 or more teams practicing on the same night (overlaps) I find it easier to know who is with what team. I'm sure the coaches appreciate it as well. At the beginning of practice 2 or 3 teams warm up together. The different practice wear definetley shows the seperation in the teams.

We have unisex t-shirts like most teams do in the uk. I personally prefer tanks but atleast you feel like a team

IT'S EVEN WORSE WITH UNIFORMS.

I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE WHEN I SEE A BOY WEARING THE GIRLS' TOP WITH HIS UNIFORM SHORTS.

LIKE WHY.

IT'S EVEN WORSE WITH UNIFORMS.

I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE WHEN I SEE A BOY WEARING THE GIRLS' TOP WITH HIS UNIFORM SHORTS.

LIKE WHY.

I have seen that a lot and I dont like it especially when there are extra straps it just doesnt look right

ETA: I also don't really like boys in shorts for comp I prefer them in trousers because it just looks cleaner as nothing is more distracting than baggy shorts

Last edited:
Sorry to double post but one idea I did have is tell parents to buy a certain colour top or tops that their cp would like to practice in like tanks or sports bra and then bring them in and get them printed with the program or team name that way beveryone has a top they are comfortable wearing but they have some uniformaty in the colour and the print

Back