All-Star Practice Wear: Is It Necessary?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

my gym gives us 2 black sports bras with our gym name on it, 2 pairs of black spandex and a black tank. a lot of us wear black nike pros instead of the spandex they give us. our practice wear is the same from tiny to senior so i think that helps us stay unified as a program.

We are given two viper shirts and two tanks, and we are told to buy all black nike pros! So we have 4 outfits to rotate between. No sports bras!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I prefer Soffe shorts over NPs, mainly because of cost.
They had them in the past but peoples wore out quickly or they wore shorts underneath them that weren't the right color.
She said black nike pros that way people could even get the longer length they sale but still be in uniform with everyone else. She also said she liked this because you could spend as much or as little as you wanted some parents bought their kids 4 pair one for every shirt we got. Some people like my kid have not had to purchase any because my kid has been wearing the same pair for 3 years. (Hence the checkmark nike sign that peeled everything but the outline in the pic I posted in the practice wear thread) I'm not sure soffe shorts worn 2/3 times a week for 3 years would look the exact same lol.

Also I would say at least 80 percent of our kids already owned black nike pros so most people didn't have to buy anything!

Last edited:
honestly, I like the uniformity of the practice wear. It helps bring the team together and gives you an idea on how the team will look. However, the clothes don't make the team. At least at competitions. I'm not sure in rabbling but that's how I feel.

Last season and previous seasons we would have to wear the assigned colors like On Mondays we would wear red shorts and white tops and Sunday would be all black

I prefer the choice to the sport bra/crop top and/or the tank/t-shirt. My cp is one of those kids who likes to wear the sport bra/crop top,but she then gets cold,then hot,then cold again-so I usually buy both the bra and the t-shirt/tank,so she can switch back and forth,depending on her body temp.

I also think practice wear is getting a little crazy;I mean,if we are on a team/in a gym,that requires me to buy, the super awesome,super cool (and expensive) illustrative appeal,then I'll suck it up and buy it,but I really love it when coaches say "Friday's practice-everyone in black bra/top & shorts" and she can go right into her room and get it,without me having to pull out my checkbook.

We have t-shirts but the main requirement is wearing the right color of the day.
And mostly any color shorts or spanks you want.

S2BST4Y-- Tribe Pride

They had them in the past but peoples wore out quickly or they wore shorts underneath them that weren't the right color.
She said black nike pros that way people could even get the longer length they sale but still be in uniform with everyone else. She also said she liked this because you could spend as much or as little as you wanted some parents bought their kids 4 pair one for every shirt we got. Some people like my kid have not had to purchase any because my kid has been wearing the same pair for 3 years. (Hence the checkmark nike sign that peeled everything but the outline in the pic I posted in the practice wear thread) I'm not sure soffe shorts worn 2/3 times a week for 3 years would look the exact same lol.

Also I would say at least 80 percent of our kids already owned black nike pros so most people didn't have to buy anything!

True, but people tend to buy multiple pairs of Soffes, so the life of each pair is prolonged.

True, but people tend to buy multiple pairs of Soffes, so the life of each pair is prolonged.

By the way, what do people's practice bows look like? I've seen some flashy ones and some simple ones.

By the way, what do people's practice bows look like? I've seen some flashy ones and some simple ones.
We've got a bit of both;some super flashy,look at me,Minnie Mouse twin bows and some very simple ,basic bows. CP likes the glitter & flash p,while I prefer,the simple,wear with any and everything type bows. I also prefer the simple b/c cp wears them to dance now and while cheer bows are a huge hit in the dance world,they aren't quite at light up bows yet...

P.S to anyone who makes/sells cheer bows:they are getting huge in the dance world,so if you want to make some extra money for this season,hit up your local dance national.

Back