All-Star Pre-comp Tradition?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

kykycheermom

Cheer Parent
Jan 17, 2011
Anyone out there have something they in day(s) leading up to a comp? Something that maybe pumps you up, a superstition, or even just a some random tradition that started one comp and just caught on?

Before every comp, I come up with a little rhyme to post on facebook or in a text chain about the upcoming events & my cp's teams. Started with the first comp, unintentionally, and kind of just caught on from there.

Anyone else? A team get together? A moms get together? Not washing socks? Anything! :D

me and my flyer do this hand shake and jump around and act like the people off of high school musical! it calms our nerves because we always laugh about it before we go on:)

My team is soooo superstitious. When we are at comps we all have to walk up the same sid of stairs. Like you can't "split the pole" because that is like splitting the team.. All of Worlds we all had to walk up the same stairs and never ever ever "split the pole" lol

I coached a jr 2 team one year that sang "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" before performing. I have a video of Reach-the-Beach where you can here them singing while on deck, so cute. Loved that team!

My team this year had a "Maven Spirit Saber" and before we went into warm ups we would sing Firework because that was our team song

My team would recite the Winner's Creed and jump around, and usually my coach would start to rap. Which is funny because she's a white girl from Connecticut but it's like actually not that bad ahahha.

Hm. Well I always have to tie my shoes so tight that my feet can't breathe. Otherwise I panic. I play "wanna buy a duck" with one girl (the same animals every time!) and we do our handshake. Hug everyone in my stunt group. Hear the words "take it slow and breathe" at least 50000 times. My captains do "put your fears in the balloon... blow it up... and pop it on the count of 3".

When I was on the same team as my little sister, I would say something silly like "when is the opening?!" or "what comes after the ending?!" before each time we went on the mat! And while we're talking about her... she refused to shave her legs for a number of weeks before she competed... :eek:

Hm. Well I always have to tie my shoes so tight that my feet can't breathe. Otherwise I panic. I play "wanna buy a duck" with one girl (the same animals every time!) and we do our handshake. Hug everyone in my stunt group. Hear the words "take it slow and breathe" at least 50000 times. My captains do "put your fears in the balloon... blow it up... and pop it on the count of 3".

When I was on the same team as my little sister, I would say something silly like "when is the opening?!" or "what comes after the ending?!" before each time we went on the mat! And while we're talking about her... she refused to shave her legs for a number of weeks before she competed... :eek:
i do the same thing with my shoes!!! hah when the comp is over i have like indents on my feet from my laces being so tight!

Back