All-Star Pre-comp Tradition?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm with everyone else, I tie my shoes extra tight and double knot them. I hug everyone and pray. Oh, and before the music starts and I'm in my spot I will stomp my feet 2 times really hard. I say it gets the bad energy out hahah

My j3 made up a little dance that we'd do with our coach, or at some competitions, while on camera backstage. All of our teams would meet in the middle after we came out to break, then we'd all do the Bernie. It's a gymwide inside joke hahaha. I always stretch like crazy while on deck, then I jump on the floor three times to test the springs, and tuck my shoelaces in. I used to wear my lucky socks to every comp for three years when I wore my cheer boots and so no one could see them. Then I got my Nfinities which showed my non-white socks so I cut out the logo on my socks and put them under the soles of my shoes. :)

I have a lot of rituals. so here i go...

1. throughout the day I have to eat PEEPS!
2. eat a tiger milk bar
3. drink a monster with my friend
4. do a visualization
5. listen to my special playlist
6. have a stunt group prayer
7. give my special hugs

:)

I've got a couple:

-This year me and my stunt group would always do a group hug before we go on and it would relax the group!
-Our couch would always have a quick talk with the team and at the end of her talks would always yell "nothing comes down" and the team would echo it back.
-everyone would put chalk on our hands and all the flyers would put chalks on their legs.
:)

My team is soooo superstitious. When we are at comps we all have to walk up the same sid of stairs. Like you can't "split the pole" because that is like splitting the team.. All of Worlds we all had to walk up the same stairs and never ever ever "split the pole" lol

That's crazy but I really like that no spliting the team thing!:)

Two years ago, me and my friend would always eat a snickers bar before warm ups together. And last season our level 3 team always had one person make the whole team bows and at our last practice we would all wear them as a team.

Wait I forgot some! I do 50 jumping jacks after warmups and my friend does 51. And I never knew I did this, but people tell me all the time that I do this weird thing where I touch the top of my nose with both hands before we compete or go full out. Hmm...

My team is soooo superstitious. When we are at comps we all have to walk up the same sid of stairs. Like you can't "split the pole" because that is like splitting the team.. All of Worlds we all had to walk up the same stairs and never ever ever "split the pole" lol
That's so cute!

All my girls pin there earrings onto the bottom of my shirt. That started 3 years ago.

Right before they go on the floor...they breath in big then breath out...they do this 3 times then after the 3rd time do a large HUH! then take the floor.

I can only do what ever I do in my routine once because if I do it twice I bust, and I cant do anything before it, just my pass (like not roundoff handspring rebound, then tuck ect.). I pray. Our team prays and we have to stand next to the same person each time. I bless my self then mark the "set-pull" for tumbling then 1 kick on each leg. I hug everyone before I go on stage, but this year I also had to hug this one girl when we went out on the floor before the music started. We do the "OOHHH YYEEAAHHH!!!!" as a gym before we compete.

Wow... I didnt realize I did all that until I typed it out...

I have to put my lotion on while at the competition. luckily i'm not a flyer or that'd be a problem.... :)

Back