All-Star Privates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I always thought the standing BHS would come easier to most because it didn't require connecting two skills. learning to connect the two skills and stay straight and push off with equal force on both feet seems more challenging. This is just from mom experience and no coaching knowledge, though :)
@SheCheers....I just asked my CP and she said that she feels that you get more power which makes it easier for her with a ROBHS than a standing one. I have no clue either as I'm just a mom also! Lol. Crap I can barely do a cartwheel anymore. In someways I try to "compare" momentum and strength with figure skating. Although you would think having 3 CP's that enjoy the sport so much and have either been taking lessons or on teams for so many years I feel actually kind of "stupid" for not paying as much attention that I should have. Changing gyms has "opened my eyes" a little more. Relating it to the thread of privates..they helped clean skills up for my CP's tremendously especially with level 2 skills. My CP's both were in level 2 classes for a long time. I agree with all that posted not to rush skills. It's way harder to correct something than it is to learn it the correct way the first time. :)

I learned my BHS before my RO BHS. The idea that I didn't need to connect 2 skills worked better in my head in that I could focus on 1 skill. My RO's get a little inconsistent and crooked too when I get tired, making it harder to pull a skill out of it. I found I was twisting into my BHS from the RO.

I did find though that standing BHS are harder as you have no momentum going into the skill. You have to generate the power on your own from your legs, jump and arm swing.
@WinstonsGirl.... My CP just said pretty much what you did about standing BHS. She feels it was easier for her with running ROBHS because your going into it with power. Thank you:)

Whenever I do privates I always have the kids come in 15 min prior to their private to stretch and warm up and then they have to stay 20/30 min after the private to condition. Stretching and conditioning is not part of the private but it is still required. I also charge a bit more depending on what the child is working on. Level 4/5 privates are a bit more because of the skills being taught, spotting fulls is harder and more hands on than tucks.

Whenever I do privates I always have the kids come in 15 min prior to their private to stretch and warm up and then they have to stay 20/30 min after the private to condition. Stretching and conditioning is not part of the private but it is still required. I also charge a bit more depending on what the child is working on. Level 4/5 privates are a bit more because of the skills being taught, spotting fulls is harder and more hands on than tucks.
This is what CP's coach does as well. A 30 min private is actually about 1 1/2 hours at the gym.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Ditto for me. If I'm paying for time, I want it to be on skills, not warmup. I also don't condition at privates, though I've usually already done a separate workout for that day anyway, so I get in my conditioning anyways. They're always done in my regular tumbling classes though

Back