All-Star Pushing Through Routines

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So, since cheerleaders tear their ACL all the time (apparently), is there any exercise or anything you can do to strengthen it?
Or a way to protect it?

Sorry if I sound stupid, Im a Lit major ;)

So, since cheerleaders tear their ACL all the time (apparently), is there any exercise or anything you can do to strengthen it?
Or a way to protect it?

I swear by glucosamine and a group of excersices built around strengthening my legs. But could just be in my head, I always am paranoid, its one of the scariest things to see happen to someone.

I swear by glucosamine and a group of excersices built around strengthening my legs. But could just be in my head, I always am paranoid, its one of the scariest things to see happen to someone.

There was a post by a mom on here a while back about her daughter who tore her acl, got better, and then on her first day back pulled a standing tuck and fell over and looked up with tears in her eyes and whispered "Mommy I did it again"

The way the mother wrote it was chilling...
Anyone know the post that Im talking about?

There was a post by a mom on here a while back about her daughter who tore her acl, got better, and then on her first day back pulled a standing tuck and fell over and looked up with tears in her eyes and whispered "Mommy I did it again"

I remember that post!!

@kjoyce62 said it in the most difficult moment as a cheer parent thread (I believe that was the name) haha anyways sorry I can't link it I'm on my phone!!

I didn't see the post, but its true after you do it once you know the exact feeling and noise it makes. I'll never forget the noise or the feeling in your knee! My second time I had no doubt what was wrong.
Or a way to protect it?
Yes there are a lot of drills and exercises to strengthen the knee muscles. In therapy I did a lot of leg presses, eliptical machine work, one legged squats (then do them on a balance board), 1 legged wall sits, jumps onto and off of objects at knee level or higher, step up drills, monster walks & side lunges with bands around my ankles, lots of stretching!!, leg lifts laying down on all four sides, throwing & catching a weight ball at a trampoline while balancing on one leg, and a lot of quick feet work with those ladders they lay down.

i was watching gymtyme pink in worlds and i was wondering if the girl on the left side of the mat near the IASF hurt her ankle around 0:15. If she did i think she handled it pretty well!

I know one of the girls from I believe gymtyme got her arm stepped on while tumbling and she finished the routine and went sprinting off the floor after. I swear it looked like she broke it from where I was sitting, she had to catch a 3 high pyramid and everything. I was so impressed watching her push through it.

i was watching gymtyme pink in worlds and i was wondering if the girl on the left side of the mat near the IASF hurt her ankle around 0:15. If she did i think she handled it pretty well!

looks more like she hurt her knee, and I really can't tell if the person who said she tore her ACL was being sarcastic.

Latest posts

Back