All-Star Random Cheerleading Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Yeah all teams I've been on in the past have never had mandatory training gear, but I wish we had! My newest team has it but we don't have to wear it for practice, only showcases :)

This does mean that I can buy whatever I like to wear at practice hence my increasingly worrying obsession with nike pro sports bras and shorts. It's really annoying as there are so few suppliers in the UK!
Did you see @embersglow 's post in the random thread? Very useful list of Nike pro stockists :) definitely was not what my bank balance needed immediately after Christmas...

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Most sports, even the cheer teams I've been a part of did not have specialized practice wear. Even if certain things were required, it was a color, not a specified brand. My sister's basketball team had a M-Sat specified schedule sent out at the beginning of the season, with what color combos for shorts/shirts they were wearing for ever day. Brand didn't matter, and it gave you the option of wearing things you already owned.

Another reason cheer becomes a case of the haves vs the have nots. All under the guise of 'necessity'.

I wish we did have practice wear sometimes tho, it makes me feel so much more connected to the team! Everyone looks the same and I'm proud to wear it :p

Did you see @embersglow 's post in the random thread? Very useful list of Nike pro stockists :) definitely was not what my bank balance needed immediately after Christmas...

That would be awesome, but I can't find it! Is it this thread as I've looked through every page ha :p

The sites that I do find them on never have any xs left, so annoying!

That would be awesome, but I can't find it! Is it this thread as I've looked through every page ha :p

The sites that I do find them on never have any xs left, so annoying!

Sorry, should have been more specific! I meant the new new random thread, here's the post:
UK cheerleaders! I've been looking for some Nike Pros to buy with my Christmas money and I thought I'd share the websites I've found that sell them. The selection over here is (very slowly) growing woo!
Millet: https://www.milletsports.co.uk
Sports Direct: http://www.sportsdirect.com
JD: http://www.jdsports.co.uk
Pro-Direct Running: http://www.prodirectrunning.com
Field and Trek: http://www.fieldandtrek.com
Nike: Nike Store UK. Women's Nike Pro
Also eBay can be worth a look :)

Sent from my HTC One using Fierce Board mobile app

Oh man I feel like I'm totally hogging this thread but I have so many cheer related questions and so I to fierceboard right now!

I'm competing at Cheersport in Atlanta this February with my team from the UK, I'm wondering about two things:

A) what shops can I buy cheer stuff from there, like sports stores for nike pros/training gear, but also like just general fashion? (I'm obsessed with primark here in the UK, it's like fast fashion, really good value/budget, I'm not into designer stuff etc :p)

B) what on earth will the weather be like? I have no idea what to pack!

I'd love your help!

Sarah

Sorry, should have been more specific! I meant the new new random thread, here's the post:

Also eBay can be worth a look :)

Sent from my HTC One using Fierce Board mobile app

That's awesome thank you! I got my last ones from millet bad they came in like a day, just a pity everything's gone to sale and nothing in my size :( sad times!

Oh man I feel like I'm totally hogging this thread but I have so many cheer related questions and so I to fierceboard right now!
I'm competing at Cheersport in Atlanta this February with my team from the UK, I'm wondering about two things:
A) what shops can I buy cheer stuff from there, like sports stores for nike pros/training gear, but also like just general fashion? (I'm obsessed with primark here in the UK, it's like fast fashion, really good value/budget, I'm not into designer stuff etc :p)
B) what on earth will the weather be like? I have no idea what to pack!
I'd love your help!
Sarah
It's not going to let me say it but richard's sporting goods, MC Sports, Sports Authority sell nike pros, sports bras, etc. For fashion, I personally like Forever 21 and Charlotte Russe, which aren't too expensive.
I know there are some people on here from Atlanta who can probably help you out with weather! I've only been there in the summer so idk
Have fun and good luck! Atlanta is a fun city to visit!

It's not going to let me say it but richard's sporting goods, MC Sports, Sports Authority sell nike pros, sports bras, etc. For fashion, I personally like Forever 21 and Charlotte Russe, which aren't too expensive.
I know there are some people on here from Atlanta who can probably help you out with weather! I've only been there in the summer so idk
Have fun and good luck! Atlanta is a fun city to visit!

Well Atlanta (or anywhere in the South) in February is anyone's guess! Most likely it will be cold, probably averaging in the low to mid 50's (that's Farenheit ;)). You can expect at least a 5mph breeze and a high likelihood of rain. However this is the South and we may end up having 65 degree weather that teases us all with the hope of an early Spring. Best bet is to just keep an eye on The Weather Channel and remind us to let you know what the weather is doing closer to your departure time!!! Very excited to welcome you and your team to our region!!! Which gym, team, level? We will be there and would love to see you compete!:)

Well Atlanta (or anywhere in the South) in February is anyone's guess! Most likely it will be cold, probably averaging in the low to mid 50's (that's Farenheit ;)). You can expect at least a 5mph breeze and a high likelihood of rain. However this is the South and we may end up having 65 degree weather that teases us all with the hope of an early Spring. Best bet is to just keep an eye on The Weather Channel and remind us to let you know what the weather is doing closer to your departure time!!! Very excited to welcome you and your team to our region!!! Which gym, team, level? We will be there and would love to see you compete!:)

Awesome it doesn't sound too bad then considering where I live February is usually much colder than that! I'm thinking layers then, maybe leaving my winter coat at home :p

I'm on Aviator Allstars based in Leeds and our team is F4 Phantoms, level 4 open coed, tho I'm not sure whether we have any actual competition in our division as it may just be exhibition. It's basically such an amazing opportunity to compete at an event in the USA! Worlds is my dream but I'm not quite there yet, but this sure is near enough!

I've never been to America so I'm so excited! Any tips on where to visit/eat in the Atlanta area? We are there for a week

@SarahNVC What to visit in Atlanta, that's a tough one. There is an amazing aquarium, the Martin Luther King Museum, The World of Coke, The Atlanta Zoo, Six Flags over Georgia (theme park) but it may be closed that time of the year, The Margaret Mitchell residence (Gone With the Wind author), and oh honestly there is just so much!!!! Your best bet may be to look for an Atlanta, Georgia website that focuses on Tourism and use that as a jumping board to your interests.

@SarahNVC What to visit in Atlanta, that's a tough one. There is an amazing aquarium, the Martin Luther King Museum, The World of Coke, The Atlanta Zoo, Six Flags over Georgia (theme park) but it may be closed that time of the year, The Margaret Mitchell residence (Gone With the Wind author), and oh honestly there is just so much!!!! Your best bet may be to look for an Atlanta, Georgia website that focuses on Tourism and use that as a jumping board to your interests.
The aquarium, coke factory and zoo are great and cheersport offers discounts if you purchase tickets online. Also if you have access a car go to visit the Stingrays gym! It is a beautiful facility and the staff was so welcoming!. Last year Nfinity had an outlet within walking distance from the convention center. Good luck to your team and enjoy!!!

Awesome it doesn't sound too bad then considering where I live February is usually much colder than that! I'm thinking layers then, maybe leaving my winter coat at home :p

I'm on Aviator Allstars based in Leeds and our team is F4 Phantoms, level 4 open coed, tho I'm not sure whether we have any actual competition in our division as it may just be exhibition. It's basically such an amazing opportunity to compete at an event in the USA! Worlds is my dream but I'm not quite there yet, but this sure is near enough!

I've never been to America so I'm so excited! Any tips on where to visit/eat in the Atlanta area? We are there for a week

I've heard "The Varsity" is really good. It's a burger place.

I love that you said cold is 50 degrees! We wear shorts in 50 degree weather up north!:) hahaha

Back