All-Star Random Cheerleading Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Who danced to "Goodbye to You?" I heard it on the radio this morning and felt like it was definitely in someone's routine.

Who danced to "Goodbye to You?" I heard it on the radio this morning and felt like it was definitely in someone's routine.

Though I don't know the answer to your question, I think I just proved my age in thinking you meant the song by Michelle Branch, which would make an oddly weird dance... Though now I'm jammin to it so thank you for that.

Though I don't know the answer to your question, I think I just proved my age in thinking you meant the song by Michelle Branch, which would make an oddly weird dance... Though now I'm jammin to it so thank you for that.

Thought the same thing

Clearly, I'm even older, because I thought of the one by Scandal from the 80's. Which could actually work for a dance. Though now I'm jammin to it so thank you for that! ;-)

Clearly, I'm even older, because I thought of the one by Scandal from the 80's. Which could actually work for a dance. Though now I'm jammin to it so thank you for that! ;-)
I did mean that one! Adore this song and I think someone already danced to it, but it would be such a great dance.

Thought the same thing

I did mean that one! Adore this song and I think someone already danced to it, but it would be such a great dance.

I haven't heard that song in a while..have brief memories of it on Flashbacks USA with Kit Kelly(?)

Although my first instinct was Michelle Branch. I love that song..

I have a random question. Our traditional season ends in early march. This year we have discussed doing an "extended season" that would last another 6 weeks. We are thinking of taking our best youth and minis and forming a youth 2. Could that team compete youth 2 prep? They have fewer practices, none of the girls crossover to a full year team and they will wear different uniforms from the full year team. Thoughts? The thought process is that none of the girls who will be cheering for this youth 2 team have competed on a level 2 team. So basically they have just 6 weeks to master a new level they have never cheered with new girls on their team as well. A shortened time would allow them to focus on learning the fundamental level 2 skills in the time frame they have. Anyone with ideas?

I have a random question. Our traditional season ends in early march. This year we have discussed doing an "extended season" that would last another 6 weeks. We are thinking of taking our best youth and minis and forming a youth 2. Could that team compete youth 2 prep? They have fewer practices, none of the girls crossover to a full year team and they will wear different uniforms from the full year team. Thoughts? The thought process is that none of the girls who will be cheering for this youth 2 team have competed on a level 2 team. So basically they have just 6 weeks to master a new level they have never cheered with new girls on their team as well. A shortened time would allow them to focus on learning the fundamental level 2 skills in the time frame they have. Anyone with ideas?
Yes, from my pretty good understanding of the prep division (I coach mini 1 prep) that would be totally fine. I think it sounds like a really great idea too. We did something similar this past year with a R5. Kids from our level 4 teams at both locations tried out to be on a half year R5. It was a great way to boost those kids skills and bring some additional kids into the gym (we had some high school kids join too). You may want to consider opening your Y2 Prep to outside kids as well. It could be a great way to introduce rec kids to the all star world and pull in some talent.

you know I asked this question and then I watched the video again and was like ugh I am such an idiot
lol its okay every time i watch i notice something different... there is so much going on in that routine its hard not to miss something

Ok so I'm sure this will sound really lame me asking this but I'm from the UK and I'm not used to USA score sheets etc!

My question is, when teams compete and you abbreviate deductions/issues during the routine ie. TD/TB/SB etc, like on twitter and the like...what so these stand for????

I'm going to guess SB is maybe stunt bobble? Or safety breach. I don't know!

Someone help me out with a cute glossary maybe? Then I can swot before 2014 comps :D thank you!

Back