All-Star Random Cheerleading Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Ok thanks, do you know if this is written somewhere? Or would I be better emailing to get a definite answer do you think?

ETA to clarify I mean the definition, not the fulling up to platform part

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!
Nope. If it's not in the glossary than there's no real recorded definition.

Reactions: Ren
For the sake of the rules, I believe that platform refers to a "trophy" as you call it. Level 4's can full up to platform but not to 1 leg.
Platform is an exception in the level 4 rules. It is a single leg stunt, though the feet are together and is the only single leg 'position' level 4s can full up to. It's not actually defined anywhere though.

Platform is an exception in the level 4 rules. It is a single leg stunt, though the feet are together and is the only single leg 'position' level 4s can full up to. It's not actually defined anywhere though.

That's how I've always thought it is, I guess I'll email just to get a clarification in case we get called on it, thanks

That's how I've always thought it is, I guess I'll email just to get a clarification in case we get called on it, thanks

If you're fulling up, make sure the free leg is completely straight and right next to the supporting leg so you don't get called on pulling a body position.

Can someone explain how eligibility for cheering in college works? Can you not cheer as an undergrad and then cheer in grad school? How many years do you have, how it works if you transfer schools, etc.? I'm curious to see what my options are.

Can someone explain how eligibility for cheering in college works? Can you not cheer as an undergrad and then cheer in grad school? How many years do you have, how it works if you transfer schools, etc.? I'm curious to see what my options are.

You have to be a full time student to be compete at UCA or NCA. I think this is the first year NCA has put a limit on how many I nationals you can compete at - it's 5. I'm not sure if UCA does the same. If you don't compete, it doesn't matter. You can cheer in both grad school and undergrad. There's no "red-shirting" and none of the NCAA rules apply.

Some of it depends on your school. Some schools allow grad students to cheer and some don't. I think there's a GPA requirement too. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

You have to be a full time student to be compete at UCA or NCA. I think this is the first year NCA has put a limit on how many I nationals you can compete at - it's 5. I'm not sure if UCA does the same. If you don't compete, it doesn't matter. You can cheer in both grad school and undergrad. There's no "red-shirting" and none of the NCAA rules apply.

I think the competing rule is what got me confused then. I guess I was thinking it applied to simply being on the team as well. Makes sense, thanks everyone!

I've actually asked a CEA coach this question but they couldn't remember. What was the first year Senior Elite went to Worlds?

I've actually asked a CEA coach this question but they couldn't remember. What was the first year Senior Elite went to Worlds?

In 2006.........I'm almost 100% positive

In 2005 WSF had a end of year competition that you had to be invited to in Vegas and SE went. So did T and S. If you go to Youtube and type in Cheer Extreme 2005 I think that video is still up.

2006 was our first year at The Cheerleading Worlds

I have a question about judging the Senior Elite's full up stunt. Is it going to get scored lower because it is a full up then say Stars or Panthers who are doing double ups?

does a punch front 11/2 or a back 11/2 that is clearly landed to the front count as a 'underrotated" double on the worlds scoresheet or what... ive been confused on that for a long time. i know people have competed them before but now that worlds is more strict on underotations im confused

I have a question about judging the Senior Elite's full up stunt. Is it going to get scored lower because it is a full up then say Stars or Panthers who are doing double ups?
senior elite does a double up to stretch right before the stunt

does a punch front 11/2 or a back 11/2 that is clearly landed to the front count as a 'underrotated" double on the worlds scoresheet or what... ive been confused on that for a long time. i know people have competed them before but now that worlds is more strict on underotations im confused
I'm going to say no, because you can generally tell by the upper torso what skills are under-rotated vs meant to land that way. Especially seeing as most of the 'unders' happen around 1 3/4s..

Back