All-Star Random Cheerleading Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Does anyone know if you can release to prone from 1 leg extension (provided it doesn't go above extended arm level, so potentially would be doing it from prep level to be on the safe side) and how much twisting you can do if it is legal? I've been looking in the level 4 rules this morning but can't seem to find any restriction on twisting in release moves unless there is an inversion involved. Equally I've just had a 2 hour Latin class so it's very likely that I missed something! Any guidance would be greatly appreciated :)

Does anyone know if you can release to prone from 1 leg extension (provided it doesn't go above extended arm level, so potentially would be doing it from prep level to be on the safe side) and how much twisting you can do if it is legal? I've been looking in the level 4 rules this morning but can't seem to find any restriction on twisting in release moves unless there is an inversion involved. Equally I've just had a 2 hour Latin class so it's very likely that I missed something! Any guidance would be greatly appreciated :)

All I know for release moves in stunts level 4 is that they cant land in an inverted position. since its from extended to prone, it should be allowed to twist, ut just isnt allowed to twidt if its from inverted to non-inverted. But im not a level 4 expert.

I have a question. In middle school stunts are inversions allowed. And she is flipped up to a Cupid by 2 bracers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inversions are allowed in middle school, and yes there has to be two bracers. But I am not sure if they are able to flip to cupie, but I would assume that the skill in question is legal.

What is meant when people say the quantity stunt?
Stunts that are put up for numbers. They put as many in the air as they can, usually with only 1 or 2 people under them. A "quality" stunt would be where you go for the difficulty (aka an elite sequence) and will usually have a full group of 3 under it.

I'll use this since it was the first video to pop up on my youtube. Quantity stunt begins 9 seconds in. Quality stunt begins at :39

What is meant when people say the quantity stunt?
You have to do a certain number of stunts to score in the stunt quantity category. For example with 20 kids you need 6 stunts to get a 10. They only have to do 1 level appropriate skill so a lot of teams will put up a separate stunt section (quantity stunt) where they do the one skill in order to score.

Ok so my teams going to state this saturday and its our last competition of the season, and we will not be coming back to this team because the program only goes up to 8th grade. I was thinking about getting a gift for my stunt group, but i have no idea what to give them! I dont want it to be too small (just a little card) but I dont want it to be something huge either that costs over 6-7 dollars. I was thinking about a bow or a bow keychain, but I have no time to go buy materials to make it. Any ideas? Theres 5 girls in my stunt group (we have a frontspot)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Ok so my teams going to state this saturday and its our last competition of the season, and we will not be coming back to this team because the program only goes up to 8th grade. I was thinking about getting a gift for my stunt group, but i have no idea what to give them! I dont want it to be too small (just a little card) but I dont want it to be something huge either that costs over 6-7 dollars. I was thinking about a bow or a bow keychain, but I have no time to go buy materials to make it. Any ideas? Theres 5 girls in my stunt group (we have a frontspot)

Picture frames with a picture of your stunt group in action?

I have a question. In middle school stunts are inversions allowed. And she is flipped up to a Cupid by 2 bracers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes inversions are allowed. She can go to the top. The only specific rule is that the bracers have to be a full group and must have a backspot.

Could someone please point me in the direction of a formal definition of "platform"? I saw there was some debate on it in the 2011-13 rules thread but couldn't find anything with a concrete answer. It's not in the USASF glossary nor is it defined in the level 4 rules as far as I can see.
I've always understood it to be a single leg grip with the flyer's legs together and straight, but there is only contact from bases/backspot on one of the legs (wow that was harder to define than I thought). However one of my coaches uses platform to refer to what I know as trophy- 2 foot extension with feet together. :help: please!

Could someone please point me in the direction of a formal definition of "platform"? I saw there was some debate on it in the 2011-13 rules thread but couldn't find anything with a concrete answer. It's not in the USASF glossary nor is it defined in the level 4 rules as far as I can see.
I've always understood it to be a single leg grip with the flyer's legs together and straight, but there is only contact from bases/backspot on one of the legs (wow that was harder to define than I thought). However one of my coaches uses platform to refer to what I know as trophy- 2 foot extension with feet together. :help: please!
For the sake of the rules, I believe that platform refers to a "trophy" as you call it. Level 4's can full up to platform but not to 1 leg.

For the sake of the rules, I believe that platform refers to a "trophy" as you call it. Level 4's can full up to platform but not to 1 leg.

Ok thanks, do you know if this is written somewhere? Or would I be better emailing to get a definite answer do you think?

ETA to clarify I mean the definition, not the fulling up to platform part

Back