All-Star Right Hand Right Foot Left Hand Left Foot

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I am right handed and tumble right, but I spin left naturally because I am a flyer. If your CP spins left in her tumbling Arabians and 1 1/2 will be a lot easier to step out of unlike me. I think that it is pretty cool that she is left footed but right handed! :)

I am right handed and tumble right, but I spin left naturally because I am a flyer. If your CP spins left in her tumbling Arabians and 1 1/2 will be a lot easier to step out of unlike me. I think that it is pretty cool that she is left footed but right handed! :)
Thank you, my cp is a flyer as well, they haven't got to any twisting flying skill as there only level 2 but can't wait till the day she does!! It's always hard to process the way things happen in the future so that's cool insight as she probably will tumble that way!!

joelybird said:

Thank you, my cp is a flyer as well, they haven't got to any twisting flying skill as there only level 2 but can't wait till the day she does!! It's always hard to process the way things happen in the future so that's cool insight as she probably will tumble that way!!
Thats good news for her! It was really hard for me to work Arabians because I tried spinning right for them and then I got a mental block for a few months. But No that I have perfected my Arabian I am trying to deal with my 1 1/2 step out! Good luck to your CP and level 5 tumbling combinations should click pretty easliy for her! Good Luck this year at competitions!!:)

I am right handed and tumble right. I think it can look cool sometimes if like two people are doing a synced pass right next to each other and the person that tumbles left is on the left and vice versa.

As a coach, when I teach these skills, the first think I ask is "what hand do you write with" (or color with as a the case may be)? I've only had one instance where I was teaching a right handed kid who instinctually went to the left.

My daughter is right handed and tumbles to the left. I agree with the other poster that most people just go with what feels comfortable with them. My daughter is a level 5 tumbler and the coaches have never gotten down on her for tumbling left.

Right handed, tumble left, I actually do a lot of things better left handed, maybe I was originally supposed to be a lefty. Idk lol

i'm right handed and i always tumbled right, twisted right. the only tumbling i can do on the left is a cartwheel haha. my cousin is right handed as well and she tumbled left, twisted right.

i'm left handed, but tumble right. (i don't twist yet) i do pretty much everything but write with my right hand. when i played volleyball, i served right handed, but hit left-handed. haha.
i've always been told that you are supposed to twist the opposite way you round-off. so if you round-off right, you should twist left, and vice-versa.

Yes! And this is why I always have kids try both directions when learning to twist! Many people assume that because you hurdle left that you'll twist left, but that's not always the case because a left hurdle is actually a right 1/4 twist. I came to that realization on my own when I was 11 and learning to twist. I was having a hard time twisting left, then I realized that I twist right in a hurdle, so I decided to give that a try.....didn't work out for me at all (i'm a true lefty twister) but I have had it work out for some kids I coach.

When i help someone determine that, i always have them do a layout, and tell them the second they land, do a jump full turn, just to see which way the instinctively twist.

When i help someone determine that, i always have them do a layout, and tell them the second they land, do a jump full turn, just to see which way the instinctively twist.

That works too, but we typically liked to start out with getting them to kick to handstand and cartwheel on the correct leg!

Back