1. coed stunts
2. standing tumbling
3. baskets
4. stunt
5. jumps
6. running tumbling
7. pyramid
8. dance

I have always just wanted to do a completely backwards routine one day. Start with dance, pyramid, running, jumps, elite, standing.
Now this would in no way be a serious thing but if anyone wants to throw a backwards routine together just to throw everyone off then call me up. I think it would be hilarious.
If we can do this internationally I'd be happy to join you. I'd be so impressed if we managed to actually standing tumble at the end of the routine (especially considering I can't actually tumble)

In the UK we're only just catching on to the 'traditional' routine set up. I've personally noticed the changes throughout my short career where I've gone from a university team with about three short dances in my first routine, sandwiched somewhere between the stunts and janky cartwheeling to a proper all star team that follows a more American route. My friend coaches my old uni team and her own all star team and has to 'explain' the whole finishing with a dance thing because people think it's a bit strange.

i love the classic way but this season I saw something i really loved. One of the teams i saw in competition did their entire routine backwards. It went:

dance
pyramid
running tumbling
jumps
stunts
standing tumbling
opening

I thought it was really cool cuz in the end (or opening really) they ended with their heads down facing the back of the stage, so it really was like their whole routine was in reverse.

i love the classic way but this season I saw something i really loved. One of the teams i saw in competition did their entire routine backwards. It went:

dance
pyramid
running tumbling
jumps
stunts
standing tumbling
opening

I thought it was really cool cuz in the end (or opening really) they ended with their heads down facing the back of the stage, so it really was like their whole routine was in reverse.

Do you have a video of this? I'd love to see the 'reverse routine'! :)

dance
pyramid
running tumbling
jumps
stunts
standing tumbling
opening

Omg yes!!! I have always wanted to see this!

I personally love the dance at the very end. When you hit that perfect routine and then the dance comes and you just put your everything in it and it is the best feeling ever. Just saying.

I would enjoy this:
-Opening w/standing tumbling
-Coed stunts
-Running tumbling
-Synch tumbling
-Elite
-Jumps
-Baskets
-Pyramid
-Dance

Whatever you end on HAS to be great. That's your last chance to make everyone walk away with goosebumps.
Ex. F5 serves it to me in the dance as their last thing. But, SE blows my mind with a pyramid as their last thing. BUT THEN Wildcats in 09 had their baskets last, but made it unique.
None of them could switch it around. It's just their signature thing to do.

Long story short just give me life in those last 30 seconds.

I like the usual way only i would put baskets as the second to last thing i think. like maybe: Opening, Standing, Stunt, Jumps, Partner stunting/ Partner Pyramid, Running Tumbling, Pyramid, Baskets, Dance. This to me would just be such a relief. You've already gone and gotten the hard stuff out of the way. Once you finish pyramid it's like "Okay, this is the home stretch now have fun and dance" so i just feel like doing pyramid (a hard part) would be better before baskets (an easy part) then go to dance (the fun part). 'Cause then i'd be like *finish pyramid* okay we're done i just gotta throw this girl then dance! idk to me it makes sense. lol

Back