All-Star Rude Encounters

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

@Cheermom1969
I did that at the seating debacle that was NCA's arena 2014.

We actually had amazing seats. First row at the bottom basically right behind the sound table. We got them because my godCP was on at like 8:10am-ish and my cp16 wasn't going on until like 7pm-ish (read: we sat in those seats for the better part of 12-13 hours).

Anyway in large coed when seats were definitely dramatic I got tapped on the shoulder by a dad who asked very politely if he could borrow our seats. His cp was on ACE Warriors and was on two teams before my CP. He was very friendly and had been in another arena with his other CP.

My cp14 and I gladly gave up our seats for them for the two and a half minutes ACE was on. We swapped out (we just stood up at the top and tried to look inconspicuous for 2:30 which worked) and swapped right back when they were done.

They were grateful and we didn't mind.

Contemplating witty signatures since 2011

I know that you specifically asked about cheerleaders and bad experiences, but it made me think of the opposite response from a very well known coach/owner of a big gym in our area. A couple of years ago, we were at a comp and my CP was six at the time. She was familiar with CJA because of the tv show and she was in awe when she saw Patty Ann walk by. She and a friend (from a nearby PA gym) chased after her. Coach Patty Ann stopped and spent about 5 minutes with them, talking about cheer and encouraging them. She also saw my camera and asked if I would take a picture of her and the "future Worlds athletes!" To this day, my cp still counts Patty Ann as one of her biggest supporters :)

All of CJA's teams were competing that day and I know she was extremely busy, but she took the time to create memories and encourage these girls The coach and mom shined through. It didn't matter that the girls were "the competition" or from a "small gym".

I adore Patty Ann so much, she seems to be such an amazing person!

My cp was a cheer/dance crossover last year and we were running from seeing one of our gym's teams to go get her changed and we were a bit behind and the bathroom was full a few girls from another gym who were in the bathroom moved and helped me form a wall so she could change and still have a bit of modesty.

The gym was Layton Athletics and I will never forget what they did for princess Hotmess :)

The biggest issue I can recall as a coach was at WSA Grand Nationals day 2 this past season. My J2 was up and WE thought it was their team. We told them as we were trying to get up front but they just kind of stared at us. Even as our team was announced and came onstage they wouldn't yield (the Generals were up next so of course they weren't giving up their prime spots in front). I waited a while so our people could get in place and I even told the girls onstage to just relax while I made sure their parents were in front.
After a minute or so and it was obvious they weren't giving up their spots I told the bunch of girls in front that as long as they cheered on my girls as loudly as possible that I'd be ok with them staying right there (yea they weren't moving anyway so hokay,"deal"). They clapped and helped us cheer them on. And my team was phenomenal so we were happy. But I heard NO end of it from the parents that had to stand behind all of the WE crowd.

They weren't rude people. They just wouldn't yield to the team onstage which is rude behavior in priority seating. I still like the gym and their teams are fun to watch.

I am sorry you had that experience. We are with WE this year. So far everyone has been really nice and helpful. There are 5 locations in and around the Houston area. So, lots of teams. I can see how at comp. things could unintentionally get crazy.

Cp14 had a great experience at BATB. I looked at her backpack and asked her what that clip was.

"What clip?"

"This one right here"

It was a clothes pin clipped on her backpack that said "you're so awesome and your uniforms are really pretty!"

It was signed by the CS Sharks.

She still has it on her bag. Even though she won that comp with one team and won money in the ultimate battle with the other....getting "pinned" was the highlight of her weekend. I thought it was the sweetest thing ever, several of her teammates had them too and they all said different things handwritten on the clothespin.

There will always be the " rude exceptions" but for the most part, the parents/athletes/coaches are welcoming, nice, and respectful. Every situation will have "those people". I LOVE reading about the positive experiences! Please know we are all parents and want the best experiences for these athletes. Over the past 12 years, I have cleaned uniforms/brought ice for injuries/paid for food/fixed hair and makeup for kids I did not know. I like to think there are MANY parents out there doing the same thing for my CP when she needs it. Please know if you ever see me at a comp, say "Hi" and don't hesitate to let me know if I can ever help out! It takes a village and cheer is one big village.

@Cheermom1969
I did that at the seating debacle that was NCA's arena 2014.

We actually had amazing seats. First row at the bottom basically right behind the sound table. We got them because my godCP was on at like 8:10am-ish and my cp16 wasn't going on until like 7pm-ish (read: we sat in those seats for the better part of 12-13 hours).

Anyway in large coed when seats were definitely dramatic I got tapped on the shoulder by a dad who asked very politely if he could borrow our seats. His cp was on ACE Warriors and was on two teams before my CP. He was very friendly and had been in another arena with his other CP.

My cp14 and I gladly gave up our seats for them for the two and a half minutes ACE was on. We swapped out (we just stood up at the top and tried to look inconspicuous for 2:30 which worked) and swapped right back when they were done.

They were grateful and we didn't mind.

Your actions should have come with a plaque and a key to the city, with all the horrors stories we hear about seating in the arena!

:cheering:

My cp was a cheer/dance crossover last year and we were running from seeing one of our gym's teams to go get her changed and we were a bit behind and the bathroom was full a few girls from another gym who were in the bathroom moved and helped me form a wall so she could change and still have a bit of modesty.

The gym was Layton Athletics and I will never forget what they did for princess Hotmess :)

I'll never run out of nice things to say about everyone from Layton- kids, parents, coaches, and especially the owners. They're in an area with a few other sizable gyms (including Ultimate Athletics) and I think that a huge part of what sets them apart and keeps people flocking to them is the awesome culture of that gym and the great impression they seem to leave on everyone they meet.

Let me tell you about some positives, just to, you know, mix it up a bit.

I have helped a girl from another gym get coffee out of her WHITE uniform that had just been spilled on her and she still had to go on. She was in a panic in the bathroom and I helped get the stain out enough that you couldn't really see it.

I have seen parents from my gym help other cheerleaders get autographs/pic with kids from Smoed.

I have given up seats to other gyms. Every. Single. Comp. (at least the ones where I've been lucky enough to actually sit down for a few minutes)

I have, and have also seen parents from our gym, help other parents/fans get into the VIP area to watch the team that's next, if we are milling about waiting for our team.

I could go on but you get my point. So who else has done something nice for another gym? Seen someone do something nice for another gym?

Come on, I want rainbows and dolphins, people! :D
You're from CA Ventura, correct? The Ventura location has some of the nicest people that I have ever met! The gym I used to compete with and now coach for competed at many competitions that they were at and the kids and parents from Ventura were always so kind and caring! Kudos to y'all for being so polite and having such good sportsmanship at comps!

You're from CA Ventura, correct? The Ventura location has some of the nicest people that I have ever met! The gym I used to compete with and now coach for competed at many competitions that they were at and the kids and parents from Ventura were always so kind and caring! Kudos to y'all for being so polite and having such good sportsmanship at comps!

Yes I am and thank you. :). I think we have a great group of parents too.

this is a thread that is on the front page of reddit: the front page of the internet right now. the first post in the pic is actually the top/most up-voted post, LOL:

n4v0hx.png

People who have worked at hotels during fan conventions: which fanbase is the most inconsiderate? : AskReddit

this is a thread that is on the front page of reddit: the front page of the internet right now. the first post in the pic is actually the top/most up-voted post, LOL:

n4v0hx.png

People who have worked at hotels during fan conventions: which fanbase is the most inconsiderate? : AskReddit

lol i started reading some other posts and found this gem:
"This story doesn't quite fit the thread, but it's too good not to share. One of my childhood friends is extremely catholic, as is her entire family. She got married about two years ago and they rented out a big chunk of a big hotel in DC for all the guests to stay in. The other half of the hotel was rented out by the mid-Atlantic leather and fetish convention. I almost had an aneurism from laughing too hard when the bride came down in her dress followed by about twenty dudes in assless chaps and not much else."
and was reminded of @Cheer4U (? is that her username) @ACEDAD @mstealtoyou 's amazing story :D

lol i started reading some other posts and found this gem:
"This story doesn't quite fit the thread, but it's too good not to share. One of my childhood friends is extremely catholic, as is her entire family. She got married about two years ago and they rented out a big chunk of a big hotel in DC for all the guests to stay in. The other half of the hotel was rented out by the mid-Atlantic leather and fetish convention. I almost had an aneurism from laughing too hard when the bride came down in her dress followed by about twenty dudes in assless chaps and not much else."
and was reminded of @Cheer4U (? is that her username) @ACEDAD @mstealtoyou 's amazing story :D
Sounds a little like the new uniform thread too :D

Back