All-Star Secret Diary Of An American Cheerleader

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

'hey you're the flyer for XXX allstars, Im on XXX allstars, why are you here?'...because we all notice flyers for other teams...just saying

I'm not very disappointed because there weren't cheerlebrities featured, more so than it was so short and portrayed the school cheerleaders to be, well...rude

Your whoah touch basket toss from the Trailer killed us last year!

On my high school team, you couldn't do both. Not that it was a rule set by the school or state, you just couldn't. Practices are mandatory and if it overlapped an all star practice then you had to choose. Being a high school cheerleader is just as big of a commitment as being an all star cheerleader (for my team, and a lot of teams in my area). At my school, if you play football and basketball, you can't play basketball until the football season ends. Same should go for cheerleading, right?
IMO it's disrespectful to join both and then favor one over the other. Teammates and coaches are going to be upset no matter how hard you schedule, so I think it's a good rule. I think it teaches some responsibility. But I digress...:D
What about just cheering for football? My daughter did all star and football and there was no conflict. I guess if it was competitive cheer and all-star that could be a problems.

What about just cheering for football? My daughter did all star and football and there was no conflict. I guess if it was competitive cheer and all-star that could be a problems.
In Arizona we are not allowed to do High School and Allstar period. The Arizona Interscholastic Association passed the rule 2 years ago. They don't even consider cheer a sport in our state, just an activity. They had parents and coaches protesting and everything talking lawsuits. It is very sad. Of course this went into effect my daughters freshman year.. :(

Allstars=$. And lots of it. My senior year my mom told me I could either do allstars or go to college. The fact that I even hesitated for a spilt second when responding to this information greatly concerned my parents...:rolleyes:

Edited: Don't feel bad for me, I was lucky enough to have done allstars since I was 8, taking my senior year off for HS cheer wasn't life-shattering. Plus, now, I get to cheer in college!
I'm the same way! I did all star all my life. Finally after my freshmen year season of doing both high school and all stars, my mom sensed my grades weren't great due to all star, and convinced me that HS cheer looks better on a college resume. And my HS team isn't that bad either :). My mom also said if I chose to just do high school, we could actually do more fun things like trips and stuff with the extra $$.

My team is a year round team. We compete in the summer, everyone cheers for football, and then we rotate certain stunt groups for basketball games. Girls tried in middle school and it didn't work out so I can't imagine anyone trying to balance the two in high school when our schedule is way more hectic. But if it works, then of course go for it!

We don't have that rule in VA. You can do both and some (not all) coaches will work with Allstar coaches to work around each other's schedules. Some will not budge. My cp made her middle school team this year so i'm interested in seeing how it will all work out. Luckily (for the first time in 9 seasons) she is only on 1 team this year so she practices once on Sunday and Monday and that's it. I'm wondering what I'm going to do with my extra time lol...

For all the people concerned with the diversity of the show.
secretdiary.jpg

:cow:

Latest posts

Back