All-Star Should Usasf Limit Bids/people?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

here's the thing, i know they are locked in with a contact but as a manager for a hotel & convention center contracts can be broken. especially if the group has outgrown the facility. while i have never attended worlds and hope that i have a few years before cp makes it there, god help the security guard who tells me and my husband that we can't come in and watch our child because the venue is full.

if i was going as a spectator, if i paid for a ticket to enter the venue i have every right to be in there. me being me i would probably reluctantly give up my seat for a parent because that is just who i am but i would be pissed that me and the parent were even put in that situation. it sounds to me like it is a cluster **** at worlds and something needs to change.

i heard from some posters that in the past the competitions were displayed on tv's in the resorts and sleeping rooms. if this is true, why would they discontinue it? obviously there is still the draw and maybe, just maybe it would eliminate some spectators.

as far as the bids go, while everyone has a right to accept their bid and decide as a team if they want to go i am curious to know how many of the at large bids actually made it past friday? Teams are getting bids while receiving 7th, 8th, 9th place and only receiving them because all the teams ahead of them had bids? Sure, let's throw bids around and sell the packages to make more $. That's all it is, $$$$$. and you can bet too that USASF makes a TON of money off of worlds. They are getting rebates out the wazoo for all of the packages that they make you purchase.

Having never been to World's, how does the venue compare to the NCA DCC Arena because the Arena is pretty darn big and that gets crowded with family and spectators just there to watch? If the 'Milkhouse' is smaller than the Dallas arena, I can only imagine how packed that place was yesterday.

I think the amount of spectators may be the real issue. We are from a gym of 33 girls and 8 of them plus parents went to worlds as spectators. If that amount of kids went from each gym in the us the event would be even more crowded then it was. They need to develop a way to sell the tickets so that it is a finite amount of tickets sold. You cannot allow 20,000 people to buy tickets to a 13,000 seat venue (I just made up those numbers as an example).

I have gone to worlds as a spectator...while I realize the parents of athletes spend a lot of money for them to train and compete all year, I do not feel as a paying spectator I should have to just get up and out so the parents can get in after I have also paid to fly to Orlando, stay at the resort and paid for the package. Some people do attend because they love to watch cheerleading at its highest form even when they don't have their own children. :)

We're not saying that (usasf is, but we're not) We're saying already have those seats separate and marked for parents for the whole day - not ask people to get up so parents can sit. And use a division system so you can only get in that section during your child's division, not the whole day. Limit it to 2 people per athlete. Yes there would be a lot of spectators who wouldn't be able to get in... But there already are, so nothing different there.

I don't understand why a hundred of us on fierceboard have come up with the same wristband idea but not one person at usasf has. Parents are what keeps this sport going - so like has been said above, if you want change you have to demand it. They're not going to come on fierceboard and say "WHAT!?! IT WAS CROWDED?? And the parents who couldn't get in were mad? You don't say... " It's going to take more action than this.

Does anyone know ( ACEDAD maybe you?) if this is something they are even working on? Seems like it comes up every year, everyone gets all in an uproar, usasf says nothing, and the next year its the same. And despite how often it gets brought up, the venue stays the same, the contracts get renewed, and nothing is fixed. If the venue can't be changed (which I refuse to believe but that's a whole separate issue) then are they even working on something for crowd control and getting the parents in? Like I said, this is brought up every year, so it's not like they just found out yesterday.

They have this ONCE a year. They have a whole year to plan it. I used to plan events for a living, except our events were for around 100,000 people, and we had more than one a year. This should NOT be that difficult to get organized. Most event companies sit down after their event and go over what was right and what was wrong with the event. I sometimes think that after worlds that they just sit down and count the money, pat themselves on the back, and consider it "done" til next year. If they would look at this now they might be able to actually come up with something.

Uuuggghh. This makes me more mad every year than any results.

I think a lot of things needs to be done here....a bigger venue......I heard they didn't show the live feed in the hotels this year which believe it or not a lot of people liked to watch...especially the athletes who competed later in the day that were not at the arena...aside from the comfort aspect and viewing pleasure..the safety of all involved needs to be considered....

We're not saying that (usasf is, but we're not) We're saying already have those seats separate and marked for parents for the whole day - not ask people to get up so parents can sit. And use a division system so you can only get in that section during your child's division, not the whole day. Limit it to 2 people per athlete. Yes there would be a lot of spectators who wouldn't be able to get in... But there already are, so nothing different there.

I don't understand why a hundred of us on fierceboard have come up with the same wristband idea but not one person at usasf has. Parents are what keeps this sport going - so like has been said above, if you want change you have to demand it. They're not going to come on fierceboard and say "WHAT!?! IT WAS CROWDED?? And the parents who couldn't get in were mad? You don't say... " It's going to take more action than this.

Does anyone know ( ACEDAD maybe you?) if this is something they are even working on? Seems like it comes up every year, everyone gets all in an uproar, usasf says nothing, and the next year its the same. And despite how often it gets brought up, the venue stays the same, the contracts get renewed, and nothing is fixed. If the venue can't be changed (which I refuse to believe but that's a whole separate issue) then are they even working on something for crowd control and getting the parents in? Like I said, this is brought up every year, so it's not like they just found out yesterday.

They have this ONCE a year. They have a whole year to plan it. I used to plan events for a living, except our events were for around 100,000 people, and we had more than one a year. This should NOT be that difficult to get organized. Most event companies sit down after their event and go over what was right and what was wrong with the event. I sometimes think that after worlds that they just sit down and count the money, pat themselves on the back, and consider it "done" til next year. If they would look at this now they might be able to actually come up with something.

Uuuggghh. This makes me more mad every year than any results.

So why don't you email this to usasf? Saying they won't change anything is clearly false. Like king already mentioned, look what happened with the rules. Posting on here does little in comparison to multiple emails that could be sent.

EVERYONE EMAIL USASF SO THIS CAN BE TAKEN CARE OF.

I said this in another thread and I'll say it again, sorry I'm on my phone or I'd just cut and paste. I was 100% in favor of limiting bids UNTIL this year. My team received an at-large bid (could be considered a "hand me down bid") my team did very well but in the medium coed division 10 very good performances just didn't make finals, that's Worlds and I'm ok with that. My team enjoyed every second and wouldn't change the experience for anything. My seniors had a great last performance that they will never forget. My younger kids literally asked when they can come in the gym to start working on new skills the second they knew they werent in finals. I think the "Friday prelims" was an awesome idea. It gave the HUGE divisions the OPTION to pay and compete for a chance (several at large teams competed on Sunday). I just feel this year was the first time in a while that just competing on Sunday was an honor.
Yes, there were some rough performances, but again that's that gym/kids/parents choice on whether or not they want to pay and give it a shot. Many gyms don't have 38489 level 5 teams and getting a "hand me down bid" is HUGE and the experience can do so many positive things.

Now here is my opinion on the over crowding. E-mail, snail mail, hand deliver a letter that this is unacceptable. USASF only listens or changes during chaos. I am a coach so I could come in and out as I pleased, BUT whether I'm a parent, participant or spectator, I'd I paid to come watch, move out of my way and let me watch what I paid to see.

Let's take large senior, watching that inside the milkhouse or watching on a screen is a HUGE difference. I was furious that they asked one of our other teams to go OUTSIDE and watch the rest of their division. That just sucks. Don't punish the kids bc of your incompetence. Shame, shame, shame on you. I get that parents have the first right to see their team but don't be upset that others were mad that they paid money to watch and were told to move. If My team paid to see Justin Beiber and just before "baby, baby, baby" they were told to leave and go watch a screen outside, what do you think the reaction would be? What if your team was told to do that bc his mom needed a seat? Should she get one, yes, would anyone move, NO! Ok rant over, I have several other annoyances about worlds but for the most part it was a great experience for all 3 of our teams and I can't wait for 2013. See ya there, and yes I WILL BE INSIDE THE MILKHOUSE!!! Lol

So why don't you email this to usasf? Saying they won't change anything is clearly false. Like king already mentioned, look what happened with the rules. Posting on here does little in comparison to multiple emails that could be sent.

EVERYONE EMAIL USASF SO THIS CAN BE TAKEN CARE OF.

I've thought about it and I suppose I could (and probably will). I guess my problem is that my kids aren't going to worlds, so how much would an email from me mean? I'm mad on a "what's right and what's wrong" level, not a "how this affects me personally" level.

But I suppose the worst that could happen is they'll just roll their eyes and say "oh THIS lady... " and ignore me. :D I guess the more emails the better!

(***and MAYBE one of my kids WILL get to worlds one day and I'll be able to go in and watch them!)

I've thought about it and I suppose I could (and probably will). I guess my problem is that my kids aren't going to worlds, so how much would an email from me mean? I'm mad on a "what's right and what's wrong" level, not a "how this affects me personally" level.

But I suppose the worst that could happen is they'll just roll their eyes and say "oh THIS lady... " and ignore me. :D I guess the more emails the better!

(***and MAYBE one of my kids WILL get to worlds one day and I'll be able to go in and watch them!)

I'm with you. My kids weren't there (they're only junior 4s at this point) but I watched the madness from my live feed and will definitely put in an email in the hopes they'll have it fixed by the time my kids get there.

I talked to a few people this weekend that said it the push for change needs to come from the people. So, you need to take the time to email (like you did for the rules) the changes that need to be pushed. Unless change is pushed it wont happen.
So YOUR opinion, and the opinion of all of the other great coaches and industry leaders, don't have the same effect as a hundred Suzie mama's? Interesting.

So YOUR opinion, and the opinion of all of the other great coaches and industry leaders, don't have the same effect as a hundred Suzie mama's? Interesting.
I don't think that's what he is saying, I think it was- the more the better.

I see. I just don't understand why they need a bunch of emails to fix a problem they can see for themselves.
If I have a problem at my gym I don't ask everyone to email me about it before I fix it. I just fix it.
because unfortunately usasf seems to not change anything unless there is mass bombarding by parents, coaches, and cheerleaders. They Seem not to take initiative unless we make them.

Look how quickly the rules were fixed.

because unfortunately usasf seems to not change anything unless there is mass bombarding by parents, coaches, and cheerleaders. They Seem not to take initiative unless we make them.

Look how quickly the rules were fixed.

WHY are these people in charge? I'm not asking you, it's just a rhetorical question in general. It's seriously worse than Louisiana politics. And that's saying a lot.

Back