All-Star #smoedisback Atv

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I honestly like Maddie. She seems like a sweet kid who is nervous as heck to be the leader of a worlds team. I am sure there are older kids but when you have been there from the start it seems natural for everyone to be looking at her as the leader.
I never said I didn't like her! and I completely agree with her being a leader, naturally. I just didn't like how she used the word "kids", in seemingly a derogatory fashion. (whether intentionally or not)

other than that, I thought the episode was just okay. no drama (yet). but I think I'm just so stuck on gymtyme's show (the editing, length, athletes, everything!) that I will never be able to truly like this show again..

The episode was actually pretty decent. Only thing that annoyed me a little bit was again a lot of the new people are from out of town and just moved there for the purpose of cheering on Smoed. Doesn't anyone in Ventura have level 5 skills?

The new athletes they've featured so far do seem pretty likable and mature though, so it does seem like so far so good.

I had to laugh at the fact that they highlighted the out of state kids. I know they normally do, but I thought after all of the flack they've gotten for that they would skip it.

Also surprised they didn't mention that the blonde from Michigan came from Vizion considering they placed right behind Smoed at worlds.

Eta: spelling

Last edited:
I never said I didn't like her! and I completely agree with her being a leader, naturally. I just didn't like how she used the word "kids", in seemingly a derogatory fashion. (whether intentionally or not)

other than that, I thought the episode was just okay. no drama (yet). but I think I'm just so stuck on gymtyme's show (the editing, length, athletes, everything!) that I will never be able to truly like this show again..

oh I completely agree about the kids reference. It was a little weird especially when she is a kid herself.

I also prefer the gymtyme show. It is sooooooooo much better in my opinion! I like everything about it!

anywaysss...

for those wondering about returners, its all the flyers (chimmi, angie, payton, maia) except lilly, and jazzy and madi.

still confused about jazzy not having five rings and also not being considered one of the original smos. i swear this is her right here in the 2010 team pic (bottom row, second from the left, in between Lauren and Madi), plus Eddie mentioned she was on this team one of the last times that he posted here:

2z5pwxs.jpg

Two questions
1. If Maddie is the only returning member did the whole team age out? or quit or what?
2. Backspots grab the ankles in a basket? I have never heard of that "Backspots on the ankles, never the under the hands" is what he said but I've only ever done a basket with the back under the hands or I've seen people have their backs on the butt but I've never heard of the ankles.
I grabbed ankles up until my soph year of high school and then we switched to grabbing underneath! I honestly don't think it really makes a big difference. I think I prefer grabbing the ankles because I had more control and you could really drive it straight up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks to me that they were doing basket toss drills, which might explain the grabbing the ankles part.

I wish the best for the new faces. They seem to really want to be there, and they seem to care more about having a happy drama-free season, and that something you've gotta respect!

Honestly, doesn't look like something I'll be interested in watching anymore. I just can't respect the coache(s) anymore!

Do they upload comps on youtube as they go along?
@armycheermom this is the one I'm speaking of

Didn't Jazzy not make the cut one year? I remember that being on the show

If I remember correctly, Jazzy was a placeholder until Gabi came---though she wasn't the direct replacement, she was removed from the team in the first Cheerleaders season so she wouldn't have been on the floor in 2013 with them.

If I remember correctly, Jazzy was a placeholder until Gabi came---though she wasn't the direct replacement, she was removed from the team in the first Cheerleaders season so she wouldn't have been on the floor in 2013 with them.
I remember jazzy' stunt not working well. She kept falling. Eddie made her a base after this kept happening. Then that's when Gabi came in as flyer replacement. I think jazzy was replaced as a base (or someone was) by kassidy. That's how I remembered it. Lol if I'm totally off oops sorry.

Back