All-Star Summer Sandbox

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So if I understand right...FCA mum is getting mad on Twitter because her #totalpackage Suzie didn't make the Daimonds because coaches said she is to heavy for the bases? Am I the only one who don't believe her? I dobut her coaches would say that she is probably just mad because her Suzie is not really #totalpackage like she think she is or mummy just forgot to tell Suzie to SQUIZE
To clear this up, I heard that the cheerleader could not hit her stunt so they had someone else try it with no problems. Last season, she was the smallest flier on the team so weight had nothing to do with it. I know the coaches and they would never do anything like that!

To clear this up, I heard that the cheerleader could not hit her stunt so they had someone else try it with no problems. Last season, she was the smallest flier on the team so weight had nothing to do with it. I know the coaches and they would never do anything like that!
Soooo you're saying the whole story may not have been told? Gasp, I just can't believe that.

**heh heh heh, they said balls <giggle> <giggle> <snort>**

Soooo you're saying the whole story may not have been told? Gasp, I just can't believe that.

Shockingly enough, there were people that believed her side of the story without knowing anything else... Just wanted to clear it up for the people that couldn't understand it

Shockingly enough, there were people that believed her side of the story without knowing anything else... Just wanted to clear it up for the people that couldn't understand it
Always two sides

I have a small rant. This may be generational, personality-related, or something, but:

I have a hard time with people not fully reading information that they are given. It seems that when people are given info in emails or otherwise, they do not read.

When you made the team, you were given a calendar of all important dates, information about the demerit system/policies, the practice wear schedule, etc. I don't assemble that information for you to contact me and ask. me. for. information. that. is. already. in. it.

You are a high school student. You know how to read. You have a calendar. If anything in the calendar changes, you are notified as soon as I know it. However, when the calendar hasn't changed, there is no need for questions already covered in the materials you were provided:

"What time are we dismissed from the youth clinic?" (Calendar)
"What is the practice wear for Monday?" (Practicewear schedule)
"Where is our fitting?" (In the email I sent about the fittings.)

Those questions are generally met with "Please see your calendar that you received at the team meeting." or "Please see the email/Remind text from 5/28." Oh, you lost it? Your friends have it. Problem solved.

Even better is when another ADULT asks me about something I sent an email about.

(Sidenote: I don't mind a SPECIFIC question. But asking me about something I sent in an email or printed in a calendar is a bit much.)

I have a small rant. This may be generational, personality-related, or something, but:

I have a hard time with people not fully reading information that they are given. It seems that when people are given info in emails or otherwise, they do not read.

When you made the team, you were given a calendar of all important dates, information about the demerit system/policies, the practice wear schedule, etc. I don't assemble that information for you to contact me and ask. me. for. information. that. is. already. in. it.

You are a high school student. You know how to read. You have a calendar. If anything in the calendar changes, you are notified as soon as I know it. However, when the calendar hasn't changed, there is no need for questions already covered in the materials you were provided:

Those questions are generally met with "Please see your calendar that you received at the team meeting." or "Please see the email/Remind text from 5/28." Oh, you lost it? Your friends have it. Problem solved.

Even better is when another ADULT asks me about something I sent an email about.

(Sidenote: I don't mind a SPECIFIC question. But asking me about something I sent in an email or printed in a calendar is a bit much.)
I feel you. Sometimes I wonder if my athletes learned how to read... or at least to find information on a document.

It's not just in cheerleading, either.

My day job is in the high school. I am regularly asking students and parents to refer to information I sent home. I deal with college-bound students as the guidance/counseling professional for a certain grade.

It stuns me how many of them want to apply to these competitive universities but will email me and ask "Can you tell me when the deadline is to sign up for the ____ University presentation?" when I just visited their homerooms, handed out the info, and sent it to their school emails four days ago.

Definitely not a generational thing.

When I worked at my schools technology center, we put step by step instructions of how to turn on the over head projectors and how to make sure they worked. On every podium in every classroom. Like they were drilled into the top. And they were baby step by baby step, for those technological deficient people. If I had a dollar for every phone call we got from professors about how to turn on the projectors and how many times they said they didn't read/see the instructions, just called us, I could have paid of my loans by now. These people had multiple masters and PhDs.

Tbh, I find myself being that person sometimes though, so I can't get too mad :p Or, since I'm super socially awkward in person and stumble over words/thoughts, I'll ask basic questions to just get the convo going, even if I know the answer. But I totally feel your frustration when it's the same things over and over!

I feel the same way when I'm at work and I leave someone a detailed voicemail answering their questions or providing information and they call me back without listening to the voicemail.
"You called?"

Me: "Yes. Did you listen to the voicemail?"

"No not yet I just saw that you called."

Me: "Listen to the voicemail. Then let me know if you have any questions."
:banghead:

My other favorite is when I TOLD you something in person and provided it to you in multiple formats (email/Remind text/etc), and you STILL ASK ME.

*puts fitting info in calendar at start of season*
*says "As a reminder, fitting is coming on ___" in practice at least once a week for 3 weeks.*
*sends email a week out to remind everyone of fitting and location*
*sends a Remind text to all parents and athletes the Monday of the week that the fitting will take place*

*GETS TWO EMAILS THE NIGHT BEFORE THE FITTING ASKING WHERE IT IS*

This happens all the time to me in football. I am the booster club "communications guru" for my son's high school football team. I am the bridge between the parents and the coaches...the players/parents and the booster club & the coaches and the booster club. I am the highway of information for 60 players, their parents and 8 coaches. I send a weekly newsletter out to everyone in the program including the coaches. I tell them EVERYTHING they need to know about schedules, practices, football camp, community service projects and fundraisers. I highlight and change the font color to draw attention to important information and schedule changes. I maintain and update our Facebook group page with all the information. I post the info in our group chat. I maintain and update the website. Yup, info is on there too. But yet, no matter what I do...it never fails, someone always asks me about something. :banghead: You know what I tell them? I say, "Check your email." When the incoming freshmen come in I am going to tell them the same thing. "Check your email." I do everything else. I can't read your emails for you too. Ugh! I totally feel your pain!

@Sparkscheerma - maybe that's the problem. You do too much.
People want a small checklist, the shorter the better. They have too much in their super-busy lives to do to read a newsletter, fb page and emails and texts and, and, and...
I love Little/Sacha's team mom but I don't even read her "inbox assaults" until I have a good long time to browse.

Commuications was my speciality when I assisted coached too. I found that specific wording in the email title helped. "CHANGE of venue", "NEW date for game". "UPDATED directions".

I also made them acknowledge some emails. "To ensure that everyone knows that we are meeting at North at 6:30 for the bus"" reply Gotcha to me asap.

@Sparkscheerma - maybe that's the problem. You do too much.
People want a small checklist, the shorter the better. They have too much in their super-busy lives to do to read a newsletter, fb page and emails and texts and, and, and...
I love Little/Sacha's team mom but I don't even read her "inbox assaults" until I have a good long time to browse.
When I was coaching I basically did bullet point emails 1x a week, since we had activities almost every weekend, plus the occasional reminder for specific events like pictures or tournaments. The kids I was working with were also older so I was able to send them text message reminders as well.

Back