All-Star Summer Sandbox

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Summer Sandbox, let's go!

50 minutes until our teams are posted on our website and i'm so nervous I might throw up... AND I WAS PART OF THE SELECTION PROCESS.

I think i'm more nervous for either the upset or ecstatic phone calls i'll receive.

Breathe deeply and know that you and your staff have made the best possible decisions based on the kids you have.

Summer Sandbox, let's go!

50 minutes until our teams are posted on our website and i'm so nervous I might throw up... AND I WAS PART OF THE SELECTION PROCESS.

I think i'm more nervous for either the upset or ecstatic phone calls i'll receive.

is it too late to run away to a deserted island with no phone or internet?
;)

Another "calm before the storm" tip: Don't feel like you HAVE to answer a parent as soon as they call or return their email right away.

It's best to give it about 48 hours before you respond to any upset parent phone call or email.

Not so sure about that - my mother in law was almost not let back in from Canada because her green card needed to be renewed. They're pretty strict about those things.

They are pretty strict at the border crossings when you drive! When we moved back to canada from the states we drove home since we had to drive all our stuff back in the moving truck and everything was fine. 2 months later we went to go visit friends and we were detained at the border and my mom was almost arrested because my step dad had let our visas lapse when we were living in Maryland. He had told my mom he had redone the paperwork. Anyway we were at the border for like 2-3 hours before we were allowed in and they put out a warrant for my stepdads arrest. Good thing he doesn't live on this continent anymore :/

Such a fiasco ...

Also I'm sure the Cali coaches talk to the coaches or owners of the teams these kids are coming from or the kids give them multiple videos of them throwing the skills they're showing.

I know of someone that is moving to cali and is cheering on cali coed this year and they didn't contact the gym owner of his previous gym to find out info on him. He sent in a video of him doing a full whip double which he actually hasn't even done in 2 years.

I know of someone that is moving to cali and is cheering on cali coed this year and they didn't contact the gym owner of his previous gym to find out info on him. He sent in a video of him doing a full whip double which he actually hasn't even done in 2 years.
Yikes! Seriously? Well..I'm sure he won't last long if he doesn't have the tumbling the team requires. But maybe he'll be more motivated to get his tumbling back?

Why would they want to contact the previous gym? If previous gym is upset or doesn't know of this potential move they have the opportunity to sabotage this kids chances of making the team.

If in fact he used videos of a skill he no longer has and didn't clarify it then they will find out soon enough who knows maybe the tumbling isn't what may have gotten him a spot on the team.

**well now, this could be interesting**

This is another reason there is still cuts for worlds teams after tryouts. I promise you if they show up without tumbling they're not staying.
As for calling the past coach, I can't see tannaz or another coach doing that. They don't want to cause trouble if the owner doesn't know they're leaving. Time is also a huge thing because they're busier than you could imagine. And as said above if you don't have your skills you're cut. You have to be valuable to the team and lying about skills will probably get him cut fast.

This is another reason there is still cuts for worlds teams after tryouts. I promise you if they show up without tumbling they're not staying.
As for calling the past coach, I can't see tannaz or another coach doing that. They don't want to cause trouble if the owner doesn't know they're leaving. Time is also a huge thing because they're busier than you could imagine. And as said above if you don't have your skills you're cut. You have to be valuable to the team and lying about skills will probably get him cut fast.

The sad part is that I believe this kid will actually throw the skills for cali. The skills that he didn't throw for his previous team the past 2 years.

Back